“Keep going back”

Price range: US$30 - US$35
Cuisines: International
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Ocean Deck is located in one of the most important places for business in Panama; The Trump Hotel. Great outdoor enviroment, live music and great seaside view making it the perfect place for a sunset or for a romantic dinner.
San Francisco, California
“Keep going back”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Have eaten here with husband and friends a few times - delish! Great location, right on the water, though you can choose to sit a little closer in, you still get the water and city view. When it's beautiful weather (and not blazing), they'll open the top so you get full air. At night, it's really nice when the top is open because that's usually when the temperature is just right and humidity is a little better.

Service is fine, I think better than other places around Panama, so I think the other reviews are used to the States. Have only had one bad dish here (do NOT get the risotto with the smoked ricotta and smoked salmon - 7 small bits of salmon and a whole lot of NOT risotto (was rice) with a horrible, horrible flavor). Great dishes:

- calamari appetizer (is fried, comes with three delicious sauces)
- sushi
- hamburger (they don't have ketchup down here; only upstairs at the pool)
- corvina
- ceviche
- the OTHER risotto
- lasagna

Alcoholic drinks are good (I really like the passion fruit (maracuya) caipirinha). Always too full for desserts, so can't attest to those. Coffee is good.

On Friday and Saturday night, live music and lots of fun!!!! :)

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank TravelingBug2015

“Nice, but the view from the Social Area is better.”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The two restaurants downstairs are fine but typical American, so don't try to find the real special experience there. You can however easily take the elevator to the 'Area Social' for US citizens this means the pool. Here the view is better, there is a nice breeze and the food is OK'ish. What the heck you might as well jump into the pool while you're there.

1 Thank Rene S
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great people and fab food”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Lovely deck to have a drink or light meal. The servers were wonderful and remembered what we drank upon a second visit.

Visited April 2014
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The food was ok, the service was ok, and this was conveniently located near my hotel. Nevertheless there is nothing particular to mention about this place, if you have time there are much better places to explore in Panama City.

Visited November 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
“Go for the drinks and desserts”
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were staying at the Trump Ocean Club Hotel, and were looking for somewhere to eat without taking a taxi. We were walking around and found the ocean deck.

First let me say the view is phenomenal. Very romantic place to have dinner at. I wish I could say the same for the food. First we ordered drinks. I had one called the orgasmo. The drink was very good. The best I can say for the food is it was edible. I ordered the flames prawns. I do realizepart of the issue is cultural and how they are served in Central America. They left the heads on and that left the mushy stuff at the top after you took the head off. And they didn't use seasoning. It was pretty much flavorless. I decided to give desert a try. And it was really good. The waiter told us the name of the desert translates to 1000 leaves.

As for the service, it was not good. Everything came very slowly. The waiter never asked if we wanted refills. And after desert we waited a long time and finally had to go find someone to bring our check. They acted surprised that we wanted it.

If I am ever back in Panama City, I might go there for a drink, but that would be it.

• Visited September 2013