“Absolutely wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Miami, Florida, United States
“Absolutely wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights in april 2014. I originally chose this hotel because ofthe location. It is close to the bus terminal because i would be traveling to colon after a few days in the city. And it is also coneccted to albrook mall which os one of the biggests shopping centers in panama. The staff was amazing. The staff greeted me all the time and was always very helpful and Most of the staff spoke english. The rooms were beautifully furnished and immaculately clean. The rate of the room came with free breakfast and it was a FULL buffet breakfast. The pool is on the rooftop which gives you a spectacular view of the city. This hotel was amazing. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Irene A
Glenn S, General Manager at Wyndham Panama Albrook Mall, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
We are more than happy to know that you really enjoyed your stay =) and the more important thing is that you felt our staff amazing! greeted you, helpful and most of them English spoken, also helps our great location and beautiful rooms.
Thank you for your excellent review and hope to welcome you back again. Hasta Luego. – Glenn Simon, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Strasbourg, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

A one night stay 2 weeks ago on returning from Bocas. Great staff, nice restaurant and great for the shopping mall! Room excellent value for money, breakfast OK. Stay here if you are travelling via Albrook airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for recommend our great hotel! I am glad that you found excellent value for money and most important thing our great staff. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. Hasta Luego – Glenn Simon, General Manager.
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

A friend and I didn't have a plan B when our bus to Almirante was fully booked. We were told to go to this hotel (across the street of Albrook Bus Terminal) and we loved it!! We did not regret the money we spent on that, a huge room, free wifi, amazing bathroom. Super clean and modern. The staff were really really friendly and helpful!! :-) The first stay was so good that we decided to stay there again for a night when we came back from Bocas.

It is inside of a big mall with food court which was a big plus for two scared Europeans in the afternoon who didn't know anything about the neighbourhood. To take the hotel taxi to the Canal was 20 Dollars per person for 10 minutes ride but i'm pretty sure that we were ripped off. ALWAYS ask for the price before you sit inside a taxi wherever in Panama! We learned it the hard way.

They had free luggage storage which was nice when we had a day to spare.

On our way back we ate at the hotel restaurant. It was nice, we were both happy with our meals :-) I would deffinetly stay there again and again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your excellent review! Our staff is our most important value and it is very pleasant to know that you felt that they were really friendly and helpful. Our location is very convenient with the bus terminal, connection with the mall, etc.
We apologize for the inconvenience with the taxis, the most important thing is to make more comforting our guest experiences and that’s why now they created “The Top 5 Carriers” to places of interest with more accessible prices.
We would definitely more than happy to welcome you back! – Glenn Simon, General Manager
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Any hotel can look good for a day, most can look good for two or three days, but when you stay somewhere for a week, often the love affair ends. I stayed at the Tryp Albrook for eight night and I'm as much a fan as when I arrived. This hotel gets so many things right. The staff are great: friendly and helpful. The room service meals are reasonably priced, delicious and delivered promptly. The breakfast buffet is outstanding. The building is attractive and super-clean. The fitness centre is bright and clean with several treadmills and huge windows overlooking the airport. When I had problems with my toilet, I emailed the front desk and five minutes later I had a reply that the maintenance department had been dispatched; no further problems. There are a few minor quirks that need sorting - for example, I get an inconsistent number of bath towels each day, and I don't understand why.
But, the thing that would make me think twice before ever staying here again is that this place has the weirdest, wonkiest, WORST wifi I have ever experienced at a hotel in this price range. It is atrociously unreliable - I can bring up some websites, but not all. I can do a Google search, but when I click on a result, suddenly the server's not available. Sometimes I can get into my email, sometimes I can't. Lest you think it's my iPad that's at fault - it worked fine at the conference venue I was at each day. It's not my iPad; it's the Tryp's wifi. I'm staying here on a business trip - I can't afford this kind of inconsistent access. If they fix the wifi, they'll have a first-class hotel on their hands.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank voyageur613
Thank you for your nice review and most importantly that you felt our staff great: friendly and helpful. I am glad that you found that we make many things right. We apologies for all the inconveniences with the wifi during your stay, it was the access point and was already replaced. We hope to welcome you back again and have the opportunity to make things better. – Glenn Simon, General Manager.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here recently and can say that it was very enjoyable. A thoroughly modern facility, with spacious rooms and up-to-date amenities. Very nice pool and fitness center. Very good breakfast buffet was included in our rate.

The location adjacent Albrook Airport is very convenient for travel, and is also good for accessing popular sights like the Miraflores locks on the canal, the Old City section, etc. Large shopping mall is immediately next door.

And special thanks to the general manager, Glenn Simon, who helped accommodate our travel schedule smoothly and efficiently. He (and his staff) could have not been more gracious in assisting us, and I think that speaks very highly of this facility.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Glenn S, General Manager at Wyndham Panama Albrook Mall, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I was glad to hear that your stay was very enjoyable. One of our goals is to satisfy our guest needs. As you mentioned, many guests have told us that they appreciate the convenience of our hotel being connected to Albrook Mall – the largest shopping mall in Central America along with our roof-top infinity pool where you can lounge, soak in the sun and enjoy the amazing sights of Ancon Hill (highest point in Panama City), the city, Balboa Port, and Albrook Airport. . Great to hear that our staff was pleasant and friendly. We appreciated you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and our comfortable rooms. It was a pleasure serving you and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again should you travel plans bring you back to Panama. Hasta Luego -- Glenn