“A Different Kind of Hotel Theme.......”

Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City
Ranked #27 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 3 February 2012

this hotel is right in the heart of the city center. Can be noisy. Traffic from the freeway. We were on the 6th floor, and heard a lot of hallway noise. Doors banging. People talking.
The staff throughout the entire hotel were and are Outstanding. Very willing to help and please. The food in the Dining Room, was out of this world, as far as taste , and presentation goes. The chef is from Peru. I did not like the pool deck. Too small. Kind of ugly. Room was nice enough, beds quite comfy, a little hard, but then I like a soft mattress.

Room Tip: Never by the elevators ! Or ice machines ! Adult only floor ??? If you are height sensitive, then...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Maria Andrea P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us here in Radisson Decapolis Hotel. We are very happy to know that you could enjoy of our great location and all we have close to us just to give you an excellent service and a fantastic visit to Panama. We hope you come back soon and give us the honor to welcome you again!!

Reviewed 30 January 2012

The location of the hotel, is convinient, just cross a shopping mall, they have a bridge that interconects to the the Mall, where there is also a Casino., Cinema, and the shops.
Front desk personal are very helpfull and willing to help you, as the hotel was not too bussy I was given an upgrade to a larger room.
They give you a $20 alloance for drinks at the bar per night and a cupon for the casino.
The room was clean, the floor those not have carpeting but tile, wich is very good from the point off view off hygine, especially in a humid climate like Panama. the Bar was well stock, clean toilets, flat TV with DirecTV cable and the hotel has pay per view service. There is free Wifi in the entire property, only that I would not recomend doing any private operations like banking as there is no password what so ever to use the service, and that is a big NO for privacy issues, one is at the open with any priving eye.
The breakfast is included with the stay. Comparing breakfast at this propperty to the Riue Plaza, is very standard, but is not bad, not a resort buffet, but its ok for a meal to start the day.
Location is convinient as it is at the Av Balboa just off the high way from the airport, so no need too get into the havy traffic off calle 50 for example.
Over all ist a good property,

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Traveler1472

Reviewed 27 January 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a few days in mind January and it was fantastic!

Definitely higher floors are better, the surrounding buildings can block your views. We were on 22 and it was awesome!

The customer service was great, we got recommendations for places to visit and places to eat which were all very helpful! The hotel provided us with a map of the city - it seems like it was a standard issue to tourists. It was out of scale and some of the street names were not accurate - we got lost a few times, we ended up finding our own maps and using Google, I'd recommend getting a better map.

The staff was very helpful and very polite. We found ourselves in a bit of a jam with connecting flights after leaving the hotel for a few days to explore other areas. When we got back, they staff helped us out but keeping our luggage for the day even though we had not stayed there in a few days. It really helped us out.

We walked most places from this location, and took cheap taxi rides for farther places. Just a tip, the cabs right outside the hotel are private cars and more expensive. Walk across the street in front of the mall and there is a line of local cabs - much cheaper and just as convenient.

I'd come back here for sure!

One things that's a little weird... The bathroom had a frosted glass door separating to the sleeping area. It took some getting used to, and some turning up the volume on the tv. No secrets here, I'm glad I was visiting with my boyfriend and not my brother! You can't see through much, but the idea of a glass wall is still a little awkward...

Room Tip: choose a high room with an ocean view!
3  Thank Bibblestick

Reviewed 19 January 2012

We expected a regular hotel room and had, instead, a very large two room suite with two bathrooms, a "kitchen-ish" area, large windows overlooking the city and lots of room to store and hang clothing. An in-room safe was very convenient. The room and the public areas were clean and well-cared for; there is a lovely lobby bar area and the room rate included a full breakfast in a very nice restaurant. The only real flaw in the hotel is the pool area which is very small and could not really accommodate the number of people who wanted to use it. This is not a resort hotel, but perfect if you are sightseeing (the Panama Canal is an easy half-day trip) or have other plans for part or all of the day.

Room Tip: As it can be noisy, higher floors are better. We learned this on TripAdvisor and it was definitely...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank GrandmaMontreal

Reviewed 14 January 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Radisson Decapolis Hotel for 3 days in December 2011 and 3 more days in early January 2012 and were delighted with every aspect of our stays. The modern design of the public areas of the hotel and the rooms was a joy to perceive. The Fusion Restaurant and the Sushi Bar both served superb food for reasonable prices. The pool on the 4th floor was a delight. Staff were exceptionally competent and helpful (particularly the business center). All in all, this was one of the most enjoyable hotels that we have experienced in many years of extensive travel.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

I've traveled to Panama about every 6 months for the last 7 years and have always stayed at the Decopolis (last visit was in October). It's great for business travel and has everything needed for a long stay or short. The service and restaurants are great. It has a very hip modern feel and the location for business is great. If you're staying there to visit Panama City the location isn't bad either yet keep in mind you'll be surrounded by buildings yet will get a great view of the water if you're on a top floor. The adjacent mall which you can get to via a glass walk-way is nice, especially if you'r into gambling since the Casino is just a few steps away from the walk-way. The work-out room is good and the spa is very resonable. Overall I believe the Decolopis is the place to stay if you're going to be in Panama City for business.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to get a view of the water. One side faces the water and the other faces the mo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Aron W

Reviewed 12 January 2012

I stayed at the Radisson Decapolis for 2 nights. I had a room on the 14th floor the first night, & a suite on the 24th floor on my second night. I liked both. The suite was really spacious, had a separate living area w/a bar stocked w/snacks, drinks, chocolate, cookies, etc. There was even a separate bathroom off the entry way so guests didn't need to walk into the sleeping quarters to use the restroom. The first night my room wasn't ready when I checked in (3 pm), so they secured my luggage, gave me my $20 drink/dessert voucher & asked me to check back in an hour. I decided to explore a bit and went looking for something to eat. The hotel is well situated w/a sky walk to the mall and casino. It is also pretty close to some fast food type restaurants like Subway. I decided to stay on the property and check out the pizza restaurant attached to the hotel. They have a great selection of wood fired pizzas, calzones, salads, beers, drinks, etc.. I decided on a pizza & Corona. It was great! Nice size to share with 2 people, as long as you aren't starving. It was plenty for 1 person. The prices were fair. I think the total bill came to around $15. they also have free wireless internet in the pizza parlor that had a very good signal. The staff was helpful too.
After I ate, I checked into my room and was impressed with the view, the comfort of the bed/pillows and the cool & colorful decor in the room. Instead of a solid wall, the bathroom wall that faced the bedroom was frosted glass w/a modern pattern etched into it. Pretty neat unless you are sharing the room with someone that you don't want watching your shadowy figure using the sink, etc. The toilet & shower area were more protected and private.
The drinks were great, not watery and they let me pay the small difference between my $20 credit and the cost of my 2 martinis. I also had sushi and thought it was good as well. The decor & furnishings in the bar are really modern and colorful, but still managed to be comfortable. There are lots of areas to sit in large and small groups so you can entertain a small group, etc and be in your own little "area" within the bar. The service was good at the bar and the sushi bar. the only odd thing was that you couldn't order/eat your sushi on the bar side of the of the place. However, you can walk around the bar and order a drink on the "bar" side, & the staff will deliver it to you in the sushi side.
The breakfast buffet (included in your stay) is great with an array of meats, cheeses, fruits, cereals, yogurt, muffins, rolls, breads and a waffle station. You can also order an omlette or other eggs using your breakfast voucher. They had a nice selection of juices (including carrot juice, melon, orange, grapefruit, etc. and sugar free marmalades to enjoy. I would definitely come back and stay again. A great value and very well staffed as well. .

Room Tip: Room 2406 has a great view of the "corkscrew building" but I could hear the traffic down b...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo