“Clean, spacious suite”

Ranked #20 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Orillia, Ontario
“Clean, spacious suite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

We spent 4 nights there in mid February. The suite was more than spacious, love the floor to ceiling windows, good view of the ocean.
Great breakfast each day included in your hotel cost.
Very slow for check in and check out, understaffed, just seemed like a procedure that was very tedious, yet it should be quick.
Pool is little, shaded by buildings so hard to swim and get some sun in the daytime hours.
Colour scheme in hallways and bars, lobby, make it feel very retro - rather uncalming in hue.
The restaurant Fusion is simply outstanding - some of the best meals we had in Panama - truly well done.
Be sure to check out the new Hard Rock Hotel next door - it's glitzy, glammy and noisy!!!!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for ocean view.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Maria Andrea P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City, responded to this review, 29 January 2015
Thank you very much MacOrillia for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us here in Radisson Decapolis Hotel. We are very happy to know that you could enjoy of our great location and all we have close to us just to give you an excellent service and a fantastic visit to Panama. We hope you come back soon and give us the honor to welcome you again!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Escazu, Costa Rica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Upon checking in we didn't know exactly what the hotel offered. We weren't told about the restaurants or the spa or the gym ect. The breakfast was a joke and was terrible. Room service was pretty good for a hotel, although I only ordered chicken strips ( weren't listed on the menu). Hotel taxis will run you about 20$ to get anywhere, so just flag down a yellow cab and it costs like 3bucks to get to multiplaza mall. We did find out there was a spa a day into the stay and tried to book but they had no room at all to accommodate us. Upon check out the guy at the door helping with the bags asked us if we paid for our room, thought that was kind of Rude.
I think we will stay at the hard rock next time.
I will say the rooms are nice, clean and the beds are comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cabobunny
Thank you very much for your comments MehToronto. We appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is very important to boost our services and offer you better experiences in the future. We are really sorry about the incidents occurred during your stay, and you must know that we are working hard in order to avoid situations like these as we would love to receive you again and provide you better choices and services. We hope we can have you back very soon!!
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

Beware of Hotel mis-using your credit card.
I stayed at this hotel from Jan 12 to 14 of January 2013. I had a purchased my all inclusive package from Air Transat.
when I arrived at this hotel they asked for either $40 deposit or credit card as deposit. I made a mistake of giving them my credit card and they swiped it and said they will return it me at check out if there was not damages. at the check out they gave back the slip that they had swiped at the check in. at the time of check out they told me there was not any charges on my card and returned the slip that they had swiped on the first day. However I saw the employee wrote my credit card number on the paper in front of her.
Just a note that although this is an all inclusive package every time you eat or drink at this hotel they ask you to sign the bill. Every time I ordered a drink I asked if that was included in the all inclusive package and they said yes. I remember what I ordered two coke from the tap, one rum and coke and two pinacloda.
Later when I received my credit card statement they had charged two of the drinks to my credit card under the name of Zuma resort. In total of these charges comes just under $40.00 but caused me a lot of headache. I had to cancel my credit card and also make changes at my bank where I have the credit card as a payee and I have been spending a lot of time on the phone with my credit card company discussing how this could have happened.
If you choose to stay at this hotel don't give them your credit card because you never know what charges you would see at the end.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank MehToronto
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

This is a great place to stay for all of your outings throughout Panama. It is central and is walking distance to the mall and a grocery store.

They have a wonderful bar and outstanding breakfasts. Any service that you need, they are on top of it and ensure that you are taken care of.

The lounge is very pretty and quiet; Internet access if free; the concierge has so many helpful tips and the baggage guys are great.

I am glad that we went. Upon checking out of this hotel, we went to the beach. After one night there, we high-tailed it back here due to its services; comfortable environment and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Our room was high up and we didn't experience any problems or noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lara C
Thank you very much Lara C for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us here in Radisson Decapolis Hotel. We are very happy to know that you could enjoy of our great location and all we have close to us just to give you an excellent service and a fantastic visit to Panama. We hope you come back soon and give us the honor to welcome you again!!
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

Recently stayed for 3 nights. It's a high rise attached to a casino and a huge shopping mall. The location is pretty good; central and close to the main areas of interests.

I'll start with the plus points; the bed is comfy and the free wi-fi works pretty well throughout the room. That's about it.

The downsides are unfortunately many. I booked a suite, I was given one on the top floor but the noise from the turbines on the roof was so loud that it was impossible to stay on that floor. So stay clear of 26th floor! Thankfully, they had a similar suite a few floors down, but I dread to think what'd happen if the hotel was full.

Another nuisance is that the check-in/out is understaffed (or inefficient) which usually leaves a long queue. At most times of the day (not just peak ours) you have to wait 5-10 minutes to get to the reception desk. Never experienced something quite like this.

The bar staff are very slow and disinterested. You really have to make a big fuss to get their attention.

The rooms are dated, especially the bathrooms. I also had two television sets in my room and none of them worked (!).

If you fancy relaxing by the pool you'll be put off by a DJ playing loud music throughout the day.

I would not stay again, poor hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank enixmatix
Decapolis Hotel R, Front Office Manager at Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for the inconvenient in the first room assigned. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future.

We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services.

We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Juan Gonzalez
Sao Paulo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Do not expect luxury or indulgence. Here you will find nice rooms, good location and very usefull taxi and car services. The hotel has a catwalk connecting to a mall and a casino, and you are at a short distance to the main atractions. The hotel structure is ok, with a small pool and a spa.
It is a good place considering the prices.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you very much Petre for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us here in Radisson Decapolis Hotel. We are very happy to know that you could enjoy of our great location and all we have close to us just to give you an excellent service and a fantastic visit to Panama. We hope you come back soon and give us the honor to welcome you again!!
Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

We stayed here for two nights, in between two resort stays.

We felt very safe here, the security was excellent.

Very spacious room,and nice modern decor. Clean throughout

Booked through Nolitours, and were pleasantly surprised to find that it was all inclusive.

Be aware that the lunch resturant requires long pants for men. We had to make a mad dash back to our room for a quick change.

Getting around Panama City was easy using the yellow cabs. Make sure that you know the price of the cab ride before getting in. We paid $8 dollars for a one way trip, only to find out that the return trip was $3 dollars.

Make sure to go to the old town. A wonderful experience.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much canadavacationer199 for taking the time to share with us your amazing experience in Radisson Decapolis Hotel. We feel much honored with your visit and glad to read your comments. We are very happy to know that we could actually give you such a wonderful stay with a great location and excellent service, full of good memories that will last forever. We hope we can have you back very soon so we can enjoy together another fantastic visit to Panama City!!!