“Better than the Hard Rock”

Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City
Ranked #27 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 29 January 2014

To those who say the Hard Rock is newer and better- stay there. For my money, this was a great choice, classy and comfortable. It is much more architecturally interesting and low-key than the cookie-cutter formulaic HR across the street. The suite we were in was huge and had a great view. Also, with the $20 per day bar credit and excellent breakfast buffet, a better value IMO. Yes it is getting a tad old (a bathroom renovation would go a long way) but still a solid and impressive property. Service was typical to what we encountered in Panama- friendly but inefficient and disinterested. And I love the art in the room and have no problem with the nipples. Some of my best friends have them. I find the images of some of the rock stars more offensive. All in all this was nicer than any Radisson I've been to, nicer and more personality than the cheesy Hard Rock.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gil123
ssenega, Director de Recepción at Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share how was your stay with us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Anyhow, I have shared your comments with the staff and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to remark to them the importance of a good attitude in the hospitality industry.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We spent a week in Panama Ciy and stayed at the Radisson Decapolis.We are repeat guests and love the hotel.Best breakfast buffet, Free parking,walkway to the Mall.Very helpful staff.The survey that comes to our e-mail is in Spanish so we cannot respond.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Logan,

Once again, thank you for your preference. We are pleased to hear that you still choosing Radisson as your place in Panama.

I have shared your compliments to all our partners, which have received your words with great joy

We are looking forward to welcome you back again here, at your home in Panama, Radisson Decapolis.

All the best,

Reviewed 18 January 2014

The Hotel is great, staff is very friendly and the guests get a welcome drink or late night drink for 20 Dollars per day for free. Thats a nice gesture. Breakfast is good, dress code in first floor, no dress code in the third floor (here you get the scrambled eggs for free, anyway). You can walk easily into the great mall from the fourth floor to go shopping. Here is the pool, far too small for such a hotel, but anyway construction work and the hole city makes it so noisy outside, that you won´t enjoy your stay there unless you are allready deaf. However the hotel is great and highly recommendable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Volker N

Dear Volker,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I'm extremely critical in all my reviews as Trip Advisor has served me abounds for the past 10yrs now its time to pay it forward. This was my second stay at Radisson Decapolis, my inital was 4 years ago shortly after they opened if I remember correctly. I enjoyed my stay & really like this hotel, this time with one large exception, the front desk staff. After a horrific day of dealing with airlines my itinerary for my trip changed and I was forced to stay in Panama for 3 days, not the worst place to wind up I'm certainly fond of the country. I had no reservation when I arrived late on a Saturday afternoon assuming it would be no problem the hotel is large and alot of newer hotels have been built at nearly the same price point per night. When I got to the front desk straight off the plane to inquire about rates I was told they had no rooms available in brief by a blonde haired girl, no hesitation, nothing. She then made a half wit effort to consult with what was perhaps the manager whispering something to her the other girl shook her head and the blonde hair girl replied again no rooms available, you can try Hard Rock next door. I replied I have no phone to call anyone and don't want to ride around town looking for a hotel can I use the business center 1 floor up to call and find a room, she said sure.

In the business center 1 floor up, it was a whole different story, I was in an emergency situation regarding my travel plans & immediately chose to contact my airline with use of the phone to make sure I have a way back to the states. The girl at the desk Marlena maybe? Absolutely wonderful, let me tie up her phone for almost 1.5hrs with my airline to get my travel plans corrected. She also suggested places to go out later for a drink & they turned out wonderful (hadn't been there in 4 years and no time to research & it was Saturday night) Meantime a couple next to us overheard our issue with the hotel being "sold out" & stated they were told the same 2 days prior and went online in the business center and booked a room, went right back down showed them the reservation and they had no issue. We did the exact same and saved 20% online! Radisson, is this how you train your front desk staff?? To lie to potential REPEAT customers who chose your hotel 20 minutes from the airport over all available options?? We went back down to get our room keys for what was our apparently unavailable room. The staff was quite to say the least, we kept our cool knowing this to be addressed online but the whole experience was unnecessary.

Overall of course the stay was as great even 4 years later, comfortable beds, great shower, great water pressure, decent wifi even in the room. Maid was cleaning our room within 5 minutes of us leaving it each day. Business center was decent computers were fairly quick and they didn't charge you to print out your e-tickets. Staff of business center receives high accolades for being so patient and helping me in what was a real time of need. I would definitely return in fact I plan to, but I hope the front desk staff issues are rectified as their actions were unacceptable.

Tips; Negotiate the cab drivers never accept their first price unless you think its reasonable unfortunately panama doesn't really have regulation or metered cabs. Get the included breakfast there is alot of variety at a fair price great way to start your day.

Room Tip: Higher floors definetely a plus for the views, there is construction in the hotel if you arrive earl...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank SunsetInStyle

Dear guest,

Anyhow, I have shared your comments with the staff and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize them for a job well done and to remark to them the importance of a good attitude in the hospitality industry.

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

On my way to South America I have and over night in Panama. This hotel great location it is connect to a mall and a casino if that what your are into. One of the pluses is that I messed up and booked the wrong night on a non refundable room. That when we called they had no issues changing it to the correct night. There service is one of the best I have felt with in Latin America. Only negative as with most hotel is that we live is this new electronic age and we all have pad pod and phones and next to there bed are no outlets. It is and easy fix just purchase lamps with out let's on them so we can get things charged up to stay connected

• Stayed: January 2014
ssenega, Director de Recepción at Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Reviewed 5 January 2014

The hotel location was great. Overall we enjoyed our stay. However, we had few problems....1) the a/c in the room did not work well. We complained, they sent a technician and it still did not cool the room enough. 2) Internet in the room did not work on the 1st day. 3) on 2nd day of our stay, the maid did not Leave any towel what-so-ever in the bathroom 4) it was very hard getting hold of front desk and house keeping on the phone. I think they were under staffed. The location was great and the mall across the street was very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on left side if you want ocean view. The rooms on the right side has a great views o...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Love2Travel704
ssenega, Director de Recepción at Radisson Decapolis Hotel Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. In reviewing your comments I noticed areas where I consider being not acceptable, including housekeeping, Internet and A/C.

I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard.

I'm hoping that you'll visit us again. If you'd like, you can reach me at the phone number or email listed below. It would be a pleasure to personally discuss with you any specifics and / or suggestions you'd like to offer.

We are working diligently to correct these issues and I appreciate that you brought them to my attention.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Great hotel, price was very reasonable, nice jacuzzi, good views (ask for a high floor), pretty good breakfast, very friendly staff, and our stay came with a $20 credit towards their bar. I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor upon check-in
Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends