“Very bad experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Centroamericano Hotel
Ranked #66 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
“Very bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I came here with my wife after we herd about this place from trip advisor
We came to the the reception with a big smile and told the guy we want a room
Without looking at us he just mumbled 60 dolar when the app said 45
I told him I had a reservation from 5 hours ago and that's the reason why I got here
When I told him that the price was much higher then the ad
He told me and I quote "I just work here I don't care what you do"
The rooms are ok
Don't expect much from the bathroom except very basic needs and don't expect service as this is
Not en hotel but a not
So good word place hope you'll have fun in panama

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shay L
hcpanama, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Centroamericano Hotel, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
We are very sorry about what happened, it was a big misunderstanding, really your reservation never appeared at the hotel and as you did check out before office hours, we could not gather all the information to follow up this case, so we ask that if you could please write us an email to ventas@hotelcentroamericano.com to find out what happened with your reservation.
Anyway we deeply regret what happened with the night clerk, there is no excuse possible and i can assure you that we will take action about his performance.
We will wait for your mail in order to clear everything in the best way possible.
Andrea Pérez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Esperance, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and quiet, beds comfy, wifi good. Only down side was that the safe didn't work. We took a tour with driver who collected us from the airport and he was very helpful, accommodating and friendly. Great place for a stopover. Not many staff could speak English but we got by.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J F
Hello, thank you very much for your review, we're glad you had a good stay, we are a small and familiar hotel but we try our best to give you the best service at the best price possible, we really appreciate that you value all our efforts.
We are sorry your safe box didn't work, but in that case you should let us know at the front desk and we send you as soon as we can the maintenance responsable to look for it.
We are very proud of our staff when they receive recognition from customers, and they also greatly appreciate your comments, and encourage them to continue doing a good job.
We hope you enjoyed your stay in Panama, and come back soon we will be happy to receive you again.
Guatemala City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights. It was a standard room with A/C, cable TV, security box, nice bathroom and a comfortable bed. All the basics you need in a hotel. Very clean. Good wifi.
The only two things I didn't like were: 1. rude staff, specially the evenings desk clerk and an older woman waitress at the restaurant. 2. The included breakfast is bad. Not tasty, old bread, simply not good.

I would stay there again. The cleanliness and good shape of the facilities is all I care about and it has both.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hi, thanks for your comments, We are glad that you have been pleased with what we offer, we are a small family run hotel, but we give special attention to these details.
We are sorry you didn’t enjoy our restaurant breakfast, and apologize about the bad service you mention, thank you very much for letting us know, the truth is that we always try that our staff provide the best service possible to all our guests, but we can not always control it, in any case we will take action in the matter!
Thank you for your criticism, it helps us to improve these details to provide you a better service to our guests.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My rating is based on the customer service I received from the hotel manager, Fabiola.
I did not stay at the hotel so on ratings concerning the actual building I selected average being down the middle since I didn't experience it but thought it was fair to do so. However here is my review.
I made two reservations, one in May and one in June. As my travel dates approached I was crunched for cash and stayed at a different hotel. Prior to being in Panama I called the hotel and canceled my reservations. When I called I was answered by an employee that only spoke Spanish. As it is a Spanish speaking country, I tried my best to convey my requests in the bit of Spanish that I do speak.
Fast forward to being back in the states and I see I'm charged for my reservation and two penalty fees equivalent to my reservation prices. I immediately call the hotel to see how we can fix the issue. Again only Spanish speaking with broken English, but I'm advised to call the following day and the manager will be in who does speak English. So I do so and I'm greeted and apologized to by Fabiola. We rectify the mistake/miscommunication and I have to say she offered some of the best customer service that I have ever seen! Heck I haven't seen someone work that hard to make things right here in the states! When I pass through Panama again I'll be sure to stay here so I can thank Fabiola in person! Thanks Fabiola for your excellent customer service!!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Azariusjoe
hcpanama, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Centroamericano Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you very much for writing about your case, we're glad you had such a good impression of our customer service, especially from Miss Fabiola, we regret the mistake we made, because as you know we study the case and you had all the reason, it was a lack of communication from the hotel which led to the error so it just was the right thing to do, anyway thank you very much for the patience and cordiality that you showed in a situation like this, we appreciate you for taking the time to write and praise our customer service, there is still a lot to improve but with your criticisms we can get better every day.
We will be very pleased to receive you on your return to Panama, and we will be happy to meet you.
Greetings!
Andrea Perez
Hercules, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was in Panama City for 2 nights at the end of February 2014, and as a guest of the "Hotel Centroamericano", I vouch for the good investment for the money: clean and modern hotel, clean and efficient rooms, friendly staff and very attentive. Needless to say, If I visit Panama again, I definitively will stay at the "Centroamericano Hotel". Mario F. Ruiz

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hcpanama, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Centroamericano Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Hello Mario, we are very thankful for your review and for all the positive comments you write, we are so glad you had a good stay at the Hotel and that you want to come back!, we will be happy to receive you again.
We try to consider all your contributions to improve day by day, so we appreciate that our customers recognize our work and leave satisfied and looking forward to return.
You can follow us on our Facebook page, (Hotel Centroamericano, in the search bar).
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I found the room on the top floor clean, but the shower cold. The staff was friendly and the restaurant good. On checkout I found my computer which did not fit the safe missing! In all fairness, it could have been filched on the bus, however, I never received the courtesy of a response to my written concerns at the desk. Panama downtown looks great if you look up, but needs a good street cleaning once a year or something. Clean budget hotel, but look out! Rough town, next time will go more upscale. The staff, at least, were friendly.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
hcpanama, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Centroamericano Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Hello, thank you very much for writing, we appreciate the positive comments you mention, and we are sorry that you found some inconveniences that made your stay a bad experience.

On behalf of the hotel management we want to extend an apology to you and also let you know, that we had no knowledge of this case until now that you wrote by this way, the front desk did not give us any message you have left, but we would gladly help you, showing you the cameras or whatever it were on our hands, so we apologize and ask you to please send us an email to mercadeo@hotelcentroamericano.com, to keep following the situation.
The size of our safes are 15 inches wide x 14 inch deep x 7 inch tall and is designed to store a good size laptop, with plenty of room, sorry that even this did not help you to keep your laptop in your room, anyway we are sorry that has been lost.

We appreciate the recognition to our staff, we are very proud of them, and these kind of comments encourage them to continue doing a good job.
We're very glad that you liked the Café San Andrés, and enjoyed the delicious food.
About the shower, we do count with hot water, but by being a single tank which should fill the entire hotel takes a while to heat the water, but I can assure you we have heaters running all the time.

Thank you for your criticism, we'll be waiting for your mail to try to help you solve the problem of your missing laptop.
I hope you consider this response.
Greetings!
Andrea Pérez.

Travellers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I thought it was a nice well located hotel. It is not that far from the old town or the new subway. The rooms were good enough. For the price, this place is good. I would stay here again. I think this place is a really good stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Michael F
hcpanama, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Centroamericano Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Regards!