“Great Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The Novotel Panama City hotel was one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. It's in a nice location, it's well kept and the staff is very polite. The bar and restaurant is excellent. If you needed to go anywhere in the city, the hotel provided a taxi for you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christopher B

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stay here with family of 5 in two rooms. Pay a good fair price per night. I knew it included breakfast. The result...very satisfied. It met and went beyond my expectations. Beautiful hotel, modern style and in a great location. The rooms are very nice and comfortable with great views of Panama City. Clean rooms that met the American traveler standards. Nice staff and good facilities. All the amenities you need including private parking. The metro station is right at the corner of the hotel and only a few minutes away from all the attractions the city can offer. Breakfast was off the chain. Everything you wanted was included and the dinning area was very cool looking and comfortable.

I totally recommend this hotel as your choice for a stay. The price you pay is well worth it and more. Check it and you wont regret it!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Lina T, Gerente at Novotel Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for that memorable comment about your experience at Novotel, makes us very happy that your stay in Novotel has exceeded their expectations, I will share your comments with the staff of the hotel and they will be very happy to have made ​​your stay memorable and we appreciate your recommendation and score given to Novotel.

We hope you visit us again on your next trip to Panama.

Cordially,

Lina Tamayo Q.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a while and I decided on this hotel. It was the best decision I could have made! The rooms are beautiful and the service is excellent! exceeded all my expectations! I absolutely recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recommendation and nice comment about Novotel Panama City, makes us happy that you liked the hotel and the service was memorable.

We hope you visit us again.

Cordially,

Lina Tamayo Q.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed at 5 different hotels of different calibers, and this was definitely the top value. This will be the only place I stay at in the city for future trips. Let me get the negative out of the way. The only bad thing is the location is tricky access at first though it is just fine once you learn where it is. Finding it at night in a rental car is near impossible, and we had to get a taxi to lead us there, and he even had to stop multiple times asking for directions. First, directions say to take a left on Via Espana from Brazil which you cannot. You must turn left through heavy traffic BEFORE you get to the unlabeled Via Espana, go through the one way streets to work your way up to Espana. When you get going down the proper road to the hotel, you are actually on the SIDE of the hotel and won't actually see the front until you make the near hairpin turn right at the Jap Jap chicken place. How does this need to be helped? Put a vertical NOVOTEL sign on the side of the building so that patrons and taxis can see that they have arrived. Being in the middle of one way streets is tricky. Have business cards showing a map of the location to give to taxi drivers if needed. Taxis will know it better by being told it's by the house of Manos de Piedra (Panamanian boxer).

Now the good. We had a king room and a double bed room. Both were excellent. Phone wasn't working in one room, so they promptly got us a new room but this time on the floor of our family's other room which was even better. Always prompt attention. We were flustered when we arrived late from being lost and without any of our luggage (thank you, too short of layover), they took great care of us. Breakfast? Amazing. On the last day of our stay, I think the staff saw that one of my sons had just been eating toast each morning, so they unexpectedly brought out a fresh waffle with chocolate chips. Only negative of breakfast? I need more than one 6oz cafe con leche in the morning. Let me pour it myself instead of waiting for a server that never comes back for refills. Maybe that's just the high coffee drinking American in me though. Beds great, bathrooms great, kids enclosed play area on the ground level with some iMacs just outside? Amazing idea. Decor great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank pjpo98
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We spent two nights at the Novotel and found it was a good value and met our basic needs. It is a little out of the way but taxis in to most points of tourist interest is no more than $5-7..just negotiate the rate before entering the taxis. Via Argentina is a couple of blocks away with many restaurants and supermarkets. We ate at El Trapicle on Via Argentina and would highly recommend it for traditional Panamanian food. Breakfast was okay but nothing special. We did not have lunch for dinner at the hotel so cannot review. The staff seemed friendly but we didn't utilize them very much since we have a good grasped on the language and did our research of the trip beforehand. There is an old cab driver with a minivan always working outside, I believe his name is Javier that we used a few times. We negotiated a rate of $6 for a trip to Casco Viejo and actually used him as our guide to the Canal. He charged us $40 for the roundtrip and also acted as our guide. I would definitely recommend Javier IF you speak Spanish since he was very knowledgeable of the canal and lived the recent history of Panama. But only if you speak Spanish since he knows very little English. Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chau81
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I spent 3 nights and 4 days here. The hotel and staff could not have been nicer! At first the location seemed a bit out of the way, but I soon discovered Ave Argentina 2 blocks away with lots of restaurants and shops in that area. The room was large, clean and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable with excellent pillows. We were up on the 7th floor and had a pretty decent view of the skyline. The hotel restaurant was ok, but they seemed to be out of items that one would not expect. We ordered Iced Tea and was told that they did not have Iced Tea that day. Ordered a hamburger off of the menu and was told they had no hamburger buns but would make a burger on toast. I was surprised by those things. I can understand being out of say Lamb Chops or other specialty items, but Iced Tea and hamburger buns? That being said I really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor and it was quiet with a decent view of the skyline.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Novotel Panama is very convenient, close to everything, even two blocks away from the new subway. Service is attentive, friendly and efficient. Nicely decorated, with an eclectic touch, the hotel is brand new. Modern, ample rooms, with confortable beds and pillows, good noise isolation.The morning breakfast includes a nice array of fresh fruit, breads, fresh juices, local foods, bacon, sausage, as well as made to order eggs with different options for omelettes. I fully recommend it for the business traveller, it is good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends