“Great Value, Amazing Tranquillity, Nice Restaurants & Casinos....Shopping Too!!!”

Sevilla Suites Apart-Hotel
Ranked #66 of 117 Hotels in Panama City
Basildon Essex. UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel for seven days and i had a wonderful time. I spoke next to little Spanish but reception and staff made the experience much easier for me. I enjoyed the view from the rooftop pool and i really was happy that it was close to all the shopping, great restaurants and casions all in walking distance. Different people has different taste and experiences but mine was overall good. I highly recommend this hotel and great value for luxury on a budget!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank sbehari

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
aewright24
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

Hotel has great location but for a short term trip you may as well stay somewhere else. We stayed tonights (my mother and I) in a junior suite for $110 and we never used the kitchen. It was a lot of space and would make more sense for a family or business man who wanted to cook rather than eat out. Service was average. Beds were ROCK hard! Overall it was ok but we moved to Toscana Inn just down the road and I would say it's much better in terms of style and appeal for a short term traveler!

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank aewright24
Northern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

We stayed here for a week, and then later returned for one more night before flying out on an early flight.
This is an fairly new construction and the facilities and furniture are clean and in good condition. There is a full kitchen, but you have to buy your own ground coffee, milk sugar, salt and oil. The breakfast room, laundromat, swimming pool, and gym are all on the top floor, We tried everything except the gym and all were satisfactory.
Although few of the staff spoke English, our basic Spanish worked fine with them. Everyone was unfailingly polite and helpful.
This hotel is within easy walking distance to the major downtown hotels and good restaurants, also to a small market for staples and laundry soap. Taxis are always trolling the street in front of the hotel and fares to various places (including the international airport) were sometimes negotiable, and always seemed fair.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank jimtay3
central America and the caribbean
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2010

Sevilla Suite Apart Hotel is not a flashy and trendy hotel but is certainly a good offer for business travelers in Panama. I stayed there three night and pay below USD 100 per night for a very large room with kitchen and including breakfast. iThe room was fine and clean as the bathroom. Breakfast was quite simple ( all plastic dishes , cup ,etc) but ok . Reception was ok, simple fast and friendly. The hotel is very well located nearby restaurants and nightlife. Internet is not for free but my computer could catch the wifi network of a nearby hotel for free.

Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank almzt
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2010

I recently arrived back from an amazing trip to Panama, overall the trip was great except for the two horrible nights at Sevilla. Before arriving I had read several bad reviews and decided I would still give them a chance since I would only be there for three nights....BIG MISTAKE.....When I first arrived in the room, it smelled of strong chemical disinfectant/ bug repellent, but it appeared overall clean. The surroundings were depressing, with the drab decor, futon style mattress on a metal frame, and dorm like feeling. After the first night sleeping I noticed several small bug bites over my feet and ankles. I showed them to my family member and was concerned about what they could be. I thought maybe it could be bed bugs, but wasn't sure. So I stayed another night and again woke up with multiple bug bites on my wrist and arm this time. Now my suspicion had been confirmed. DISGUSTING BED BUGS!

I immediately proceeded to gather my belongings and check out. However, the Manager, Michelle, was less than friendly or willing to take responsibility. She just shrugged her shoulders and said "Yah I believe you, but that is not our fault" I was furious!! She refused to give us our $95 for the final night that we had pre-paid. I told her that this hotel was unsanitary and this is a health code violation had she been in the US. So we went to the Marriot down the street for only $150/night and of course had an amazing stay there.....So Overall, Please take careful note of this Review, I work in the medical field and this hotel is unsanitary and would definitely not recommend it to even my enemy!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2010

We stayed at the Sevilla Suites for 07 nights. In general, we had a pleasant experience. The hotel is located in one of the most central and accessible areas in the city, El Cangrejo. Within walking distance you can have easy access to restaurants, supermarkets and stores. The suites are clean, spacious and well equipped, with basic, old fashioned but functional decor elements. Linen and towels are changed everyday which is certainly unnecessary especially these days when most of the hotels are environmentally friendly. However the effort to keep clients happy is appreciated. Breakfast is basic, made of pastries, fresh fruit, cereal, juice and coffee. The hotel has very convenient laundry facilities. We perceived no attempts or just little effort from the hotel staff to interact with the guests at a service level, but according to our travel and living experiences in Panama, this appears to be a cultural element, nothing that cannot be improved by consistent and systematic training. This place has potential to become one of the top hotels in its category in the city.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2009

I was appalled by the reception at this hotel. Except for the cleaning people and those that helped at the breakfast room, the reception personnel of this hotel is the worst I have ever encountered. Well, I would say no hotel around the Americas, Africa, Asia and Europe has a reception staff like this one!! They look at you as if you were bothering them, there is no greeting at all, and when you greet them, they give you such a look! And to finalize my stay, when I left early in the morning the receptionist that was sleeping, laying down on 2 chairs, gave me the look "you are disturbing my sleep", and left me trying to open a door that was locked with a key, strugling with 2 carry-ons and 1 suitcase. The hotel in itself is clean and good, except for the first room we were given, where the a/c was so loud that you couldn't sleep...

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple