“Average at best”

Courtyard Panama at Multiplaza Mall
Ranked #21 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The hotel itself is simple but clean and neat. The staff are slow to respond to anything. The breakfast is poor and the staff seem overwhelmed with 6 people in the restaurant. We ordered room service and the tray was still outside the door 26 hours later, no-one had removed it. The hotel has a great location for shopping but no views. It does offer a comfortable but simple stay, somewhat overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Jalil M, Manager at Courtyard Panama at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Mr. Dyllan:

Thank you very much for airing your comments through this channel and letting us know of our shortcomings during your stay.

We are sorry to hear that your stay at our hotel was less than ideal. We want to assure you that all the proper measures have been taken so that the circumstances you enlisted won’t occur once more. We would love to have the opportunity to show you how pleasant it can be to stay at our hotel.

On the flip side, we are pleased to know that you find our hotel clean, neat, comfortable and in a great location. Multiplaza Mall is in fact one of the most exclusive malls in the country and we are extremely close to the Americas tower, where many high profile companies have their Latin American headquarters.

Again, thank you very much for reviewing our hotel. We always strive to achieve an excellent hotel experience. Only by receiving the comments of our valued customers, we can improve and progress towards our goal. Please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed here twice because of a Caravan tour. The first time we were on the third floor and the room did not have a clean feel to it. It smelled musty. The king bed was very soft and had two deep impressions from previous sleepers. The carpet was soiled. The king room on the 7th floor had a newer, cleaner feel and did not have a smell. The bed was firm and comfy. Both rooms were adequately sized for two people. The buffet breakfast was very good with ample selections of eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, breads, made to order omelletts, etc. We were told this hotel was selected because it was safe. The big positive was its proximity to a huge mall which had a large grocery, separate drug store and movie theatre. Anything you may have forgotten was available. Many of the stores were high end i.e. Channel, Ferragamo, Vuitton etc. If I were not on a tour, I would probably not stay here again. Overall, the hotel could use some upgrading.

Room Tip: The upper floors seem to be more recently updated.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TB1000
Floribeth G, General Manager at Courtyard Panama at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your nice comments and taking the time to let us know about your experience in your stay with us. We are so pleased to know that you liked our breakfast and the location our Hotel Courtyard at Multiplaza Mall.
Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. It is only with your insight that we can continuously improve.
Floribeth G

Reviewed 16 January 2014

It's basically a good hotel, clean and nice, but every time I get there the AC drives me nuts..its like a truck.
Breakfast is very good, might worth all that noisy AC for that nice breakfast.
Nice view of the city.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 2nd floor, same as the Jim, restaurant and stairs for the lobby.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Floribeth G, Gerente at Courtyard Panama at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your nice comments and for taking the time to let us know about your experience in your stay with us. We are so pleased to know that you liked our breakfast.
Regarding AC we have already shared your comments with our maintenance staff and we can assure you that we are taking the necessary measures to correct this situation.
We hope to welcome you on your next trip to Panama.
Floribeth G.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed 3 nights recently as part of Caravan Tours. The hotel is a typical Courtyard Marriott. The staff I interacted with were all very helpful, pleasant, friendly, and accommodating. Behind the guest registration area is the "business center," which consists of two public computers for use and a printer to print boarding passes.

I cannot speak to service at the bar located on the first floor, but I did have 6 meals at the restaurant; breakfasts and dinners. All were served buffet style. After dining in other locations around the country, this restaurant knows how to prepare properly seasoned and moist chicken. Their beef, however, tended to be on the dry side. The buffet contents differed for each meal. Breakfasts included hot oatmeal, cold cereals, eggs, a meat or two of some kind, pastries, fresh fruits, and juices. The dinners typically included a fish, chicken, and beef dish (each, not all together), vegetables, breads, fruits, cheeses, sometimes pasta salads, sometimes fresh greens, often a soup. There were usually 2 or 3 dessert choices. Service was mixed - often incredibly slow or non-responsive, and at other times very attentive.

I had 2 different rooms during my 3 nights; 2 nights at the beginning of my tour and 1 night at the end of my tour. Both rooms were clean average Marriott rooms. The air conditioning units in both of my rooms were loud throaty sounding machines, so bring ear plugs if you want a cool room. My stay was comfortable and quiet, with the exception of the hard-working A/C machine.

I cannot speak to the gym or pool as I did not use those ammenities.

This property is adjacent to an enormous indoor shopping mall, 3 floors. There is a grocery store at one end, very convenient, and there is also a pharmacy. Several North American chains as well as other stores and restaurants are available. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank AdventureLass
Floribeth G, Gerente at Courtyard Panama at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your nice comments, we feel thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the quality of service of our staff, I will share your comments our associates.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We have just concluded another visit with our favorite hotel in Panama.
The location, the warm and friendly staff, the excellet restaurant, the lovely rooms, and the best location and price to stay in Panama City. We are "pensionados" who have a home in Coronado, Panama and in Wrightsville, Pennsylvania in USA. We are members of the Marriott Rewards program.
As we arrive we are greeted by many friends(amigos), two ladies that come immediately to mind from our last visit - Neyce and Raquel, at the front desk who welcome us back. This is a hotel where you are a member of the family and not just a visiting guest. You are remembered and all your wishes for a wonderful stay are met. Next door is the Multiplaza Mall with wonderful shops and restaurants. You are conveniently near major businesses and banks in Punta Pacifica area. Our lawyer has her offices there and so it is very convenient to transact all matters relative to your needs for Panama. We are from Pennsylvania but are now "pensionados"- Panama residents as well and have a home in Coronado on the Pacific Ocean about 1 hr. away. We stay at this hotel both coming and going to Panama about 2 times per year. This trip was business, but most are "in-transit" to and from our Coronado home by the sea.
To all the staff and friends at Marriott Courtyard we say Saludos, and Gracias Amigos! We suggest - make the trip to Panama and enjoy a stay at Courtyard Marriott Multiplaza. You will be well "looked after" and "enjoy" your visit.
CAPT. Charles and Lori Piersall

Room Tip: Go for the "deluxe" room or "executive" room- best value!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Floribeth G, Gerente at Courtyard Panama at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your nice comments, we feel thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the quality of service of our staff, I will share your comments with Neyce and Raquel and the rest of our the associates.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I booked a fully prepaid room at 130 USD/night at this property on hotels.com. Upon arrival, I was told that "as of about a month ago, the rooms are no longer prepaid", and they promptly had 150 preauthorization issued against my credit card. When I got to the room, I called the agent, who reiterated that the room was fully prepaid, called the hotel, and told me it was all cleared up. By the next morning, it was still not cleared up. The room itself had a heavy smell of humidity and mold, and was beginning to show serious signs of wear (stained carpets, moldy smell) as compared with the last time I was here. The staff were painfully slow. On the reservation, it said Breakfast at approximately $9.00, and it turned out to be closer to $15.00. And to reach reception was near impossible. It took them 10 minutes to answer a call, and when I tried to clear up the billing issues by phone, all I got was on-hold music. Nobody seems to know how to handle even a minor issue. The hotel is well located in a choice mall area in a good part of town. I'd stayed here once before, when the place was nearly new. It was quite good. It seems to have been a victim of its own success. It doesn't deserve any tripadvisor accolades, as it has neither the physical infrastructure, and certainly not the service quality that would qualify it for an award. I wont be staying at this joint again. I've had good and bad experiences in many hotels in Panama City, and this one is probably near the bottom of the heap.

Room Tip: One that doesnt smell like mold. It's a crap shoot.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Floribeth G, Gerente at Courtyard Panama at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Good morning dear Guest

Thank you for share your comments.
Could you please let me know the details of the inconveniences you had with your billing.
Please contact me thru this email address. floribeth.gutierrez@r-hr.com

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I had to visit Panama for work in July, and stayed at the Courtyard in Multiplaza. I think is one of the most expensive Courtyards I have ever stayed, but it was worth every penny. Super conveniently located. good rooms, good service, all of it. It makes the business travel more comfortable. I think it was so good that it should be branded as Marriott! Highly recommended, just be prepared to pay top buck!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank adrialvarez
Floribeth G, Gerente at Courtyard Panama at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your comments.
We will be happy to have you as a guest again in our hotel.
Best regards,