“Terrible Experience”

Ranked #71 of 114 Hotels in Panama City
Los Angeles, California
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I have never seen such a dark, empty hotel room and never experienced such impolite customer service from the front desk in my entire life. In a rush, I left my cellphone charger and slippers in my room. The same day I talke to the desk worker, Alexander Acosta, about my belongings and he not only acknowledged finding the charger, but also added that he found the slippers, which I had not mentioned.

We arranged to a pick up my belongings, but when that day arrived, they said there was nothing of that sort there. The value of my lost belongings is not the biggest inconvenience, rather the ugliness of theft along with loss of trust with the hotel workers. This experience left a very bad impression on me and ruined my whole vacation.

Rouben Gasparian
1-25-12

Room Tip: front rooms are not dark front rooms are better
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ROUB46

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I've stayed in many worse hotels, but Suites Ambassador's black and gray design gives it the feeling that you are in a coffin -- a noisy coffin unless you get a room at the back of the hotel. The rooftop swimming pool is a nice place to go to escape the oppressing darkness of the room, which is compounded by black pull-down shades to block out the very close buildings that surround the hotel. The staff are very nice and the continental breakfast is perfectly adequate. It's nice to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back of the hotel, and the higher floors are better.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 14 October 2011

If you´re planning an extended stay, this is the right place to stay at. My boyfriend and I stayed there for over a month and we felt at home. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and fully equipped (a little dark, but i didn´t mind). It felt more like a little apartment, rather than a hotel room. Since we were staying for a long time they didn´t mind when we asked if they could clear the mini fridge so we could put our own stuff in there. We even got an electric kitchen and we were allowed to cook -which many hotels usually prohibit-. The pool is small but great all the same, nice terrace to hang out. There are only 2 things that they need to improve, their WiFi -signal was a little inconsistent sometimes, which sucks if you need it for work, like me- and then their breakfast lounge. The place is very small and when there were many guests at the same time it was a little messy to get a table, your bread toasted, etc. The Staff is AWESOME, very friendly and helpful. So if you´re expecting a massive banquet, i´m sorry to let you down. There´s an amazing italian restaurant just 2 blocks away from this hotel, Pomodoro... don´t miss it!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jannine f
Pittsburg, CA
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I've stayed in number of hotels in Panama City and I find Suites Ambassador a very good choice. Location is perfect, next to Manolo's Restaurant and Rey's supermarket in the middle of Cangrejo. We had a small one bedroom with modern bathroom, decent furniture, flat screen TV in living room, small kitchen (no coffee maker and stove) with microwave. The room comes with free wireless internet. On the negative side the carpet could be cleaner and breakfast was very basic. We also could hear moderate street noise in our 1st floor suite.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MisiuL
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 March 2011

This is a well-located hotel, with a very friendly and helpful staff. I stayed for 3 nights in February, 2011 and I would stay here again.

The studio apartment is fine for one person. It is good size, with a small kitchen (refrigerator, microwave, sink, dishes). If you are two people traveling together or a family, take a one bedroom. It about twice as much space. I had room 205 (studio) which faced the windows (about 10 feet away) of another building so I had to keep the shades closed. There are two rooms which face the front of the building; and two rooms which face the back. These would be a better choice than those facing other buildings and would offer more natural light.

Bring or buy items for your own breakfast to supplement what is offered at the hotel. Their continental breakfast is adequate but they run out of items. You should also bring an alarm clock, as there is none in this room.

There is one computer for public use and it has a good connection.

The only negative is housekeeping is a bit sloppy. Partially used bathroom amenities are taken away, but not replaced. Pens/notepads are not replaced. Also be aware that some amenities in the bathroom are for sale.

Rack rate is $160 for the Studio; $180 for a 1 Bedroom. I paid $90 for the studio at hotels.com; and the 1 bedroom would have been $110.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Well located. Old. AC did not work in living room. Window blinds BLACK! and totally opaque! No curtains. Noisy. Too expensive for what you get.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 23 January 2011

I have stayed in the Ambassdor several times throughout 2010 and will again in 2011. When I do it is usually for 5-10 days at a time. I am always pleased with the level of service, room cleanliness, very accomodating staff. I have always been able to reserve a two room suite with larger refrigerator, electric stove, micro-wave, dishes, pots/pans etc... I am very pleased with the cleanliness, quietness and room accomodations, modern and convenient. The internet is very good as well. Because I have extended and consistent stays, I am able to store a large bag on the premises which is extremely convenient for frequently returning travelers. When I returned in January, the staff gave me a New Years card and candy as a member of the family! That was very kind and thoughful. For a traveler that desires convenience, peace and quiet after a days work, friendly staff and very comfortable accomodations for what I believe is a affordable price, I would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business