“My home when in Panama City”

Las Vegas Hotel Suites
Ranked #86 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I live in the interior of Panama in Boquete. Whenever I travel to the City, the Las Vegas is the only choice. Granted, it is an older hotel but when all you need is a clean room, Wi-Fi, a TV and a clean bathroom there's simply no sense in staying across the street for considerably more. The Pomodoro on the ground floor is great and Manolo's is a half a block away. The staff is always very considerate and helpful. Stay there.

Room Tip: Higher up the better because of traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Henry S, Owner at Las Vegas Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

My staff felt rewarded to read your comments about their being considerate and helpful. We receive many ex-pat guests from Boquete and Bocas and strive to give them a good location and good value. I look forward to meeting you next time you come in.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I spent a wonderful three days at this facility after arriving in Panama City and again after returning from the Guna Yala. Extremely courteous and helpful desk staff. All the rooms are either a studio or a two room apartment complete with kitchens. I chose a studio which was super comfortable with sink, refrigerator, microwave and flat screen TV with lots of channels. Lovely hot showers. There is a well regarded Italian Restaurant on the site and lots of restaurants and convenience stores in the neighborhood. The Veneto Casino is right across the street. Despite the traffic outside the room was quiet.

Room Tip: Perhaps away from the elevators
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. My staff will be very happy when I share your comments with them. I'm also happy you got to experience Guna Yala. I go there very often and it's pretty close to paradise.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I booked one night at the Las Vegas Suites - and that was enough!
The room I was in was a micro-suite, which translated is a room the size of a closet with a bathroom. The air conditioner was a 1970's model that spewed moldy air into the room, the only thing upgraded in the room was the tv.

I would never stay at the Las Vegas Suites again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Henry S, Owner at Las Vegas Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

I regret we did not meet your expectations.

Our website describes the room you stayed in as a "micro studio" measuring 150 square feet.
We have only 3 of these tiny rooms, which are offered at a "micro price". The other 85 rooms are much larger.

Even though the micro-studios are very small, they are equipped with free WiFi, small fridge, and a safe, and the guest has access to our free parking, gym, business center and great location.

We are currently updating our webpage, and I will make sure we further emphasize the difference between our different rooms.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I went to TripAdvisor to help me find a good and cheap hotel in Panamá. First of all, I loved the price and the free wifi in the room. I had read the reviews and agree: on the second floor, it was noisy but it did not bother me at all. I actually enjoyed walking down the two flghts to the street level. Staff is very pleasant. I slept like a log the six nights I stayed there. There is free parking across the street (you just need to get the ticket stamped at the front desk). Location is very convenient.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Hiram C
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I miss my plane on the 4 feb2013 not my fault,so the rm i have paid was taken but the manager give me suite,very nice person,i made friends w/the staff and care takers,i have lot of fun w/ them if i went back again i will stay there, i enjoyed my self..want to thank everyone for their friendship from my heart.love you all.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank lonewolf780
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Have stayed many, many times at this hotel because of its location and the fact that it has been around for a long, long time. Generally it is a good value, but could use a few upgrades. Generally the location is great and the two restaurants associated with the hotel are good. The Pomodoro is reasonable, the wine bar is expensive

Room Tip: Rooms are noisy at the lower level because of the traffic. Higher floors are quieter except for the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I spent a very satisfied two weeks staying in one of their suites recently. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and I loved having a kitchen. When I did not feel like cooking, I had the option of two top-notch restaurants right downstairs-an Italian restaurant popular throughout the city for its pasta and a very classy wine bar which a Panamanian friend swears sports the best pizza in town. The location was highly convenient as it is located in El Canrejo, an area full of restaurants, bars, shops, etc. It also is a short walk/very short cab ride from the heart of downtown. The staff was very friendly and spoke good English, which is always hard to find in Panama.

If you want a nice, convenient place but do not want to spend the money for the 5 star hotels I would recommend checking this place out.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Henry S, Owner at Las Vegas Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2012

I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay, and will share your comments with our staff. Your title: Comfortable, Convenient, Affordable is precisely what we aim for.