Hotel Principe & Suites
US$443
US$211
Bookit.com
Good 3.5/5
Hard Rock Hotel Panama Megapolis(Panama City)
US$184
US$166
Bookit.com
US$186
  • Pool
Panama Marriott Hotel(Panama City)
US$176
  • Restaurant
Riande Aeropuerto(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$106
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Tryp by Wyndham Panama Centro(Panama City)(Great Value!)
US$60
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsvia argentinagreat locationel cangrejowifi worksstandard roomwill stay there againcentral locationice machinebeds were very comfortablelarge bathroomreception deskother hotelshotel restaurantthe air conditioningpanamaneighborhoodfridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I booked a room for two nights. Unfortunately, I had a delay on my journey & arrived one day later as planned. I called the hotel & informed them that I will arrive one day later as planned & asked them not to charge a penalty, because I will stay for two nights, however I arrive with one day delay. The receptionist on the phone told me that this is fine, I don't have to pay a penalty. Also, when I checked-in, I asked again & the receptionist assured me that they will not charge a penalty. I even extended my stay & booked one more night, so I stayed there for 3 nights in total. Well, I got a very bad surprise when I got my credit card check - they charged me a penalty (which in fact was the full price for one night!)!! I immediately contacted the provider (where I booked the original stay) & they got in contact with the management of the hotel. The outcome is that the hotel did not recharge the penalty, because I don't remember the name of the receptionist who promised that I don't have to pay the it... What a joke!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra R
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I was surprised to not see Hotel Principe visibly accessible when I was looking for hotels in Panama City. The only reason I learned about it was because a taxi driver mentioned it. This is a new, very clean, comfortable, quiet and extremely reasonably priced hotel in El Cangrejo neighborhood (where you will find a good number of hotels). The room is spacious, very modern, and best of all, the mattress is comfortable, which has been my biggest problem (hard board mattresses) while lodging for two weeks (even in 5 star hotels). It also has a swimming pool and Asian Fusion restaurant. For people who are big on amenities, know that there are no minibar fridges, coffee machine, or complementary water. However, at $65.00 a night in a place like this, one can always go to the next door small convenient store and get water. Also there are a good number of eating places, fruit markets, grocery stores, and a coffee and bagel shop not far.

Room Tip: All rooms a quiet because they have double-pane windows. Aside from the typical two-person bedrooms, they have suites.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Migdalia R
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at a higher ranked hotel (Metro Hotel Panama) for two days then decided to stay here on our return trip to Panama City. Príncipe is SOOO much nicer! For the money, it's a downright steal! Classy, clean, comfy bed, huge bathroom, welcome drink in adjoining sushi restaurant, helpful staff and good location. We are kicking ourselves for not having stayed here our first stay in Panama City. If you don't want to spend a lot on a hotel but you don't want to feel cheap, know that it doesn't get better than Príncipe!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Andie L
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Get location in Panama City. Only problem was the lack of in house amenities (ice, vending machines and such) There is a small convenience store right next store. Overall very clean and modern. Would recommend this highly, very affordable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jon C
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay. I am a woman who traveled alone and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. My room was spacious and the bed was wonderfully comfortable and quiet.
It is true, no coffee, no ice, no breakfast. I would suggest at least a coffee maker in the rooms and a centrally located ice machine.
There are restaurants within walking distance of only a few minutes. There is an excellent little coffee shop around the corner "Crepes Suzzette."

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo