“Cheap digs in Panama, get what you pay for...”
Review of Euro Hotel

Euro Hotel
Ranked #78 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We booked a couple of nights here while we adjusted to the Panama way of life, We only wanted somewhere to crash out after our long flights, This did the job just right, <p>
At reception english is not spoken too well but what do you expect in a 'foreign' country? we used some of our sketchy spanish to get there easily and we had our keys in no time. The room itself was clean but dated, hot shower, speedy free wifi, good blackout curtains! Bad points are no safe box in the room, noisy aircon & very glad we did not get the road side rooms because they like a loud vehicle or 5 in this city! horns & loud exhausts aplenty which we heard from our room. We cannot leave comments on the restaurant because is wasnt used during our stay but looked busy most days. Location is rather central but in quite a manky part of the city, but once again you clearly get what you pay for. We have 5 more nights in the city at another hotel slightly more expensve which we decided to book after realising we are using the city as a hub. Hope this helps. David

Room Tip: Get a room away from the road!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 May 2011

I have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel and want to advise people that when visiting panama knowledge of spanish is essential. None of the reception staff could speak english and you need to wait for people staying at the hotel to help you interpret if there a no english speakers around you are in trouble. This amazed me until I tried the Meridean reception and the Inter Continental Reception and they suffered from the same problem reception staff with no english. Very few people in panama have a nodding aquaintence with english. Other than this the hotel was good value for money and on the whole staff were very friendly even though they didn't have a clue what you were saying.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank phoebelondon
Reviewed 2 March 2011

I spent 3 nights there in Feb 2011. I have no complaint about the hotel. It is not pretentious and just delivers on the basics. For the price ($55 p.n.) it is decent value. It is about a 15 - 20 minute walk to a decent nightlife area or a short taxi ride to Calle Uruguay / Argentina, etc. The staff speak practically no English and tourist inforamtion is generally very hard to come by in Panama so make sure you have done your research in advance. I only had breakfast one morning and it was good / tasty and served quickly. There is free internet - 3 PCs. The room was quite basic but quiet and comfortable. I would have preferred a safe in my room but did not have any difficulty with any of my valuables and the chambermaid was very efficient and attentive.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank DublinVinnieC
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Having stayed in the Hotel Baru Lodge I had to get another hotel while my apartment was being arranged. At first I was really worried by this hotel, it seemed dingy and dark and in a bad part of town compared to Baru. There are no safes in the room and although the doors lock you could quite easily pop them open if you so desired. The lights in the rooms are really dim for some reason, I have no idea why they don't have brighter bulbs. The hotel isn't in the best part of town, Calidonia is 5 minutes down the road, and I'm told to avoid that place as a foreigner. Having said all that the rooms are kept very clean and there is a fair sized pool out the back. There is a reasonable restaurant in the hotel that does a fair range of food at a good price, this closes at 11pm and they do room srevice. There is a laundry across the road and a very small shop where you can buy water and snacks. I would only reccomend this hotel for a couple of days stop over. It is value for money though, so if you want somewhere cheap and location isn't an issue for you then this hotel would be fine. The staff seem cold at first but after they know your face they warm up a bit. They have an armed guard on the door at night.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank JAYZEE79
Reviewed 12 December 2010

This hotel is just not good. Incredibly noisy street location with thin windows (I had to wear ear plugs and still could not sleep well). Terribly outdated and BASIC (if you know what I mean). This is a place you would be embarrassed to bring your wife and sorry you actually paid for it. The ONE thing I will admit - it was relatively clean.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank michaelf50
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I had a group stay at this hotel and we all thought that for the price this was a great place. First, it is clean. The restaurant food was very good at all the meals. The staff was friendly and helpful. A few spoke English so we got along well. When there was a problem Maintenance was right on it. The administrator was there every day overseeing things, very involved and accessable. The maids greeted us and the rooms were kept with clean towels every day. We used the conference room and it comfortably held 20 of us. Could probably hold 30. Internet access was spotty in the rooms but good in the lobby.
The hotel is centrally located and they had cabs for my people to go on forays that were fair. Drivers were good too. Not too fast.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank DrEduardo
Reviewed 6 August 2010

The diner in the restaurant is cheap and good food all day long. The rooms are very clean, and the staff very helpful. The rooms look into a courtyard that has the pool. Internet works but not always very dependable. It was a great deal for what we payed, and our four day stay there went very well.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple