Our family had the opportunity to stay at this resort with the expectation that it would be 3 nights and 4 days of rest and relaxation as you would expect from an Intercontinental property. In all fairness, the property is fantastic and it has everything that you would want with a spa, great pools, three restaurants and a beach front location. Regardless all this amenities the one thing this property lacked was good old fashion CUSTOMER SERVICE! There is really no substitute for this of most basic of ingredients for a good stay.
Don't expect to be pampered here. The following is a list of our issues:
1. No pool service. During the 3 days there at no point did any staff member came up to use and asked us if we needed anything or offered to get us drinks. If you wanted anything you needed to walk up to the bar and get it yourself. What a missed opportunity not only to make things special for the guest, but also for missed revenue for the hotel.
2. Poor bar service. Since no drink service was provided at the pool I approached the pool bartender to order some drinks for my family. She then proceeded to mentioned that she had already cleaned the bar and she was in the process to closing down for the day a full 30 minutes before closing time. I had to push to get her to fix us some drinks and get passed her inconvenience.
3. Birds eat off the buffet. Wild birds were allowed to eat off the buffet and when mentioned this to the restaurant manager he did not apologized for the incident and furthermore was put out that we brought this to his attention.
4. Restaurant does not allow children. This property has 3 restaurants, however beware that one of these has a dress code and does not allow children. This point was not mentioned anywhere in their website, a point that would have been good for us to know. Also one of the restaurants was closed for repairs and and the only restaurant in the property open for lunch, during the hottest part of the day, was the out door restaurant.
5. Friendliness needs to be reviewed here. The overall feeling from the staff is that they are doing the bare minimal work needed to accomplished their jobs. Being friendly and project joy and a smile is just extra for them.
6. Discrepancies in the bill. To top things off, when it was time to check out we're presented only 1 page of our 2 page bill and several discrepancies were found that required my wife to spend about 15-20 minutes of the unpleasant task of ironing this out.
These are just some of the main complaints that we had with this property, there are more but in the interest of time and space we don't want to beat a dead horse.
Needless to say I was very sadden and disappointed that as a panamanian living abroad I got this sub-par level of service from my home country. All future guest be ware this is an Intercontinental property in name only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the unique destination of Panama, guests can experience beaches, rainforest, mountains and city—all from Dreams Delight Playa Bonita Panama. Located on Playa Bonita, the closest beach to Panama City and literally meaning "beautiful beach," Dreams Delight Playa Bonita Panama is perfect for special romantic getaways and memorable family vacations. 11 seaside towers offer 307 luxurious guest rooms and suites with jungle walkways and stunning views. Gourmet a la carte restaurants, bars and lounges are all included our Defined Delights™* vacation concept—where all your vacation essentials are included. Nearby, guests can visit the Panama Canal, Panama City's colonial district, designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site or the largest mall in the Americas. Everyone has their own idea of a Dream vacation, and it can all be found at Dreams Delight Playa Bonita Panama. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Dreams Delight Playa Bonita Panama reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Playa Bonita Hotel Panama City
- Intercontinental Panama City
- Intercontinental Playa Bonita Resort
- Playa Bonita Panama
- Dreams Delight Playa Bonita Panama Panama City