“DON'T BOTHER”

Ranked #36 of 84 Panama City B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“DON'T BOTHER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

I was planning a trip to Boca's Del Toro last month. I needed to spend one night in Panama City due to flight schedules. I found Albrook Inn on line & made a reservation. It asked for all my information, including credit card. It then informed me it would get back to me, but never did. I then emailed them again to see if I had a confirmed reservation, but NO answer. I was worried because they had my credit card info, so had to wait until last minute to find another hotel.
I did book w/Hilton Garden Inn, which was wonderful!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

We got in late to toucaman airport and had an early flight out to Bocas from Albrook so I thought this hotel would be a good choice. It's a airport hotel who offers no shuttle to the airport. Apparently for early am flights the cab drivers charge double to the airport.The room had no clock? Which makes getting up to catch a flight difficult. We arrived at 10pm and had long flight delays and were starving they said the only place we could eat was a mile away at the bus stop? Wasn't hungry enought for bus stop food but again shouldn't an airport hotel cater to late arrivals and offer something to eat? When we woke early the next am no coffee was to be had. We paid just $20,.00 less then the super luxurious hotels downtown and many of the hotels downtown are just 2-3 miles from Albrook. The cab drivers in that region don't double their price for early flights so it would have been the same price to stay at a much nicer hotel with a more friendly staff

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Panama City hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

I found this hotel through the internet at a great price. It was clean and quiet. I tried to reserve it for my return trip and they wouldn't give me the same price, it was about twice as much. They said I had to go back online to book, and I never did find it that cheap. Great place to crash for the night but secluded. There isn't much else around. I didn't think it was worth twice what I paid the first time though and ended up going somewhere else on the way back.

Room Tip: Book online for the best price!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank nursegurly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

My brother and I stayed here on our way to Bocas del Toro. It is approximately 45 minutes from the international airport. After traveling close to 30 hours we arrived at the Inn. A tasty dinner pretty much led immediately to to spacious and comfortable room. The combination of being so tired from the travel and a bd made sleeping no problem at all! Actually the bed was pretty comfortable and overall the rooms were much more than I expected.

It is approximately 5-10 minutes to the Miraflores licks if you have time and a desire to see the canal. If you are flying out of the Albrook airport, you can a 5 minute taxi ride from the Inn.

The Inn also had a decent display of birds and other critters roaming around which provided for some decent scenery while dining.

Overall I recommend Albrook Inn especially if you plan on flying out of Albrook.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ColeDog13
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

Unfortunately we arrived late and left early on a flight to Bocas, so we didn't get to enjoy the gardens that are often mentioned. However, the location was great, just a few minutes from the airport, the rooms small but clean and very quiet. I got a great deal on Hotels.com which made selection of the hotel a no brainer. My only complaint is that we requested a taxi for an early departure but it had not been called, so we had to wait about 15 minutes for it to arrive. I speak fluent Spanish so I can't comment on their English language ability there.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George D
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

We were on a bird tour and this hotel was part of the itinerary. There was some decent birding on the grounds.
We spent five nights total here. We were initially given a room on the first floor which was completely too small. The attendant finally changed us to the second floor which was much better; the beds in general were small. The rooms were fairly clean although we had a broken window with exposed glass.
The meals were fair.
With the exception of one person, the staff were mostly unfriendly. They assisted us when necessary and rarely smiled.

Room Tip: get a double room on the second floor
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Dayton, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

They rooms are very small and poorly maintained. Service was just "ok" and not particularly gracious. We had one terrible evening meal. Lunch next day was much better. In a very nice neighborhood and has good gardens for watching the birds.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple