“Outstanding Customer Service”

Veneto Hotel & Casino
Ranked #101 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I visited the Veneto again for 4 days and the customer service was again outstanding. Irene upgraded me to an executive suite which included a continental breakfast and late afternoon appetizers with drinks. Irene is a true asset to the hotel and made sure that my trip was excellent. Ulina at the customer service desk spent over an hour determined to find me a battery charger for my camera and then arranged Archie,a private driver, to take me to the store and to go in with me to translate and make the purchase. I have read that the bar service is terrible, I never experience that and in fact even when the bar was extremely busy I was served in a resonable period of time, but then again, I tip the servers. The ice machine was malfunctioning on my floor for several days and the maids went to another floor to retrieve ice for me. My room was quite and I did not have any problems with hearing other people. This is the second time I have vistied this hotel and I remain extremely pleased and will definitely return. I wrote another review on April 15, 2012 and those comments remain valid and I would encourage reading that review as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Irene V, Manager at Veneto Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear Jeff R:
Thanks for your comments and our sincerest apologies over how long it took to say thanks!
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to make the time in Panama enjoyable for you.
Please come back and visit us again!

Reviewed 21 August 2012

The hotel itself is very clean, with good amenities. Pool, gym, etc. We used the attached casino as our people watching entertainment, and for some free booze, hahah. Be aware that the hotel is in the "business district" This area has a lot of strip bars and prostitutes. Overall, its a nice place to sleep at night with helpful staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wes W
Irene V, Manager at Veneto Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Dear Wes W:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your short stay with us and that we were able to provide some r and r.

Please look us up on your next trip to Panama!

Reviewed 7 August 2012

We had an early flight out of Tocumen, so decided to spend an extra day in the City. The hotel was convenient to most of our destinations and hotel staff and parking valets were ready and able to assist at all times. The value was excellent but all we needed was a comfortable room and the Wyndham provided that. It was clean and modern and the bed was comfortable. We didn't dine or gamble so can't comment on those items. We spent a good part of the day on the Amador and evening in Casco Viela

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Irene V, Manager at Veneto Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear Sib715:

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We are pleased you were able to spend one night with us and that our staff was able to assist you and provide a final day of enjoyment during your trip to Panama.

When you next return to Panama, we invite you to spend a bit more time with us, and we can show you a more of our hospitality. Thanks for visiting with us.

Cheers,
irene

Reviewed 4 August 2012

The rooms are reasonably modern and clean. The hotel in the US would probalby be considered a tiny bit run down with poor service, but you'r not in the US you are in Panama, so here it is considered clean and safe - which basically it is.

The casino attracts a lot of hookers and is of a moderate standard for a casino. Don't stay here with your family.

If you are a bunch of guys who want an almost US quality hotel, beer, casino and girls. Then you are in.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Radley322

Dear Radley322:
Thank you for posting your comments. We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations and want you to know that the comments travelers such as yourself make are very important to us and we consider the comments of each and every one.

Since September 2011, when you last visited with us, we have made significant changes, including improvments in our customer service and upgrades to our facility. The past 11 months brought us visible enhancement which we invite you to experience on your next visit to Panama,

Thanks for visiting Veneto!
Cheers,

Reviewed 2 August 2012

I made a bad choice choosing this hotel for the purpose of my stay. I was on an opposing time schedule than the majority of the guests. I was there for business and everyone else was there for the casino and it's atmosphere.
As I was dropping down for the evening, my next door neighbors were waking up and getting primed for the all-nighter.
The walls are very thin and there was a door between the rooms. You could here them open a bottle of beer and around 2:00 AM the sounds were more interesting. Very pious couple.
Do not stay here if you want some sleep before a day of business meetings. Have a blast if you are there for the casino and prayer.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jim O
Irene V, Manager at Veneto Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Dear Jim O:
Thakn you for your insightful and candid review. Based in part on your review, we are changing our room assignment system to more carefully monitor and match similar guests to similar floors. For example, the casino customers who are going to rest as you are leaving for your day's work will be on different floors.

Additionally, we have initiated a new program Business 101. Business 101 will make the needs of the business traveler, including local transportation, airport transfers, etc. available and in some case complimentary for our business travelers. Dedicated workspaces will make conducting your business easier and more efficient.

We feel strongly that this will completely change the guest experience. I would like to invite you back to the property on your next trip to Panama. I am confident these changes will make insure that your next stay with us meets your expectation as a business traveler.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

I  enjoyed my 4 night stay very much.The rooms are large with good beds,  linens, and great pillows, not the foam rubber type, I don't like.  Large Bathroom shower has glass walls , but no bathtubs.  Closets and dressers are more than adequate.   My room was on the 14th floor, two rooms away from the elevator and very quiet.  The rooms with the odd numbers have a great view including a litle of the Canal.
     The Spa is free and has the usual saunas, steamrooms, and large Jacuzzi.  The Spa manager Patricia was very accomodating and really aims to please.  I took two massages with Katherine who has hands of gold.  Other guests told me the other two masseuses werealso excellent.
       I met with the outstanding hotel  manager, Irene.  She was terrific and very informative. She gave me a discount card which I should have received at checkin but was forgotten, probably because Jorge  the front desk clerk was so busy correcting a problem with the original reservation made by Wyndham Reservations.   He  did a good job of quickly resolving the problem to my satisfaction.  Be sure to request the discount card, which I used at the good Sushi Restaurant and the pool bar.  Additonally, I Received $15 dollars free in the casino.  I won  $50 and quit while I was ahead.
     The previous negative reviews have criticized the  management for allowing the prescence of Prostitutes and thus, it not being a family friendly hotel.  This is nonsense.  These women are dressed properly, have almost  no contact with guests, other than in the Casino, and are not cruising the lobby for clients.   They are  restricted to the casino area on the second floor and their access to the  pool area on the 7th floor is only allowed when with a  registered guest.    Use of the elevators is only possible with a room cardkey.    Additionally,  there is excellent security throughout and in front of the hotel.
       It was  Great meeting with  Irene's boss Ralph.  This man is a real down to earth gu that really Listens and  like Irene,  is a real hospitality professional.
       Negative factors : I not get hot water from the shower the first night.  Took until the following afternoon to get the maintenance man to show me how to properly use the  temp. Selector.
    The only piece of equipment I use in their well equipped gym, the recumbent bike was not working.
   The very nice Jacuzzi in the spa was not operating properly in that there was no air intake functioning.
    I went for a short vacation to Panama, and in the future if I can't get a reservation at the Veneto, I
Wouldn't  go.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
IVecchi, Manager at Veneto Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Dear Miami Happy -
It was a great pleasure to meet you and allow us the privledge of introducing our property, our staff and our love for people to you. Your comments are candid and honest and we learn so much from customers that helps us get to a better service and a better product

Creating memorable experiences and long term friends is our goal and we hope to see you many many times more .!
Thanks MiamiHappy from your new friends in Panama!

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Stayed on the 17th floor, nice room, coffe in the AM, comp, stayed 4 days will return, it was our 2nd trip down that way...love it...

Lot of nice ladies to talk with, and the bar and food was also great Grocery store near, Rum deals were super...

The plac eis a 10

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank billindy46220

Dear Billindy46220:
Thanks for sending in your comments and more importantly, thanks for visiting with us and enjoying our hotel and casino.

We hope that this is only the 2nd of many return visits and when you next visit, please stop in and say hello.. we love to meet new friends!
Cheers!