“Good Hotel for the Gambler/Nightlife enthusiast”

Veneto Hotel & Casino
Ranked #100 of 114 Hotels in Panama City
New York City, New York
“Good Hotel for the Gambler/Nightlife enthusiast”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Wyndham Veneto is a good hotel if you are traveling with friends or by yourself. THIS is not a hotel for couples and families, because by 9:00 the hotel is filled with gamblers, drunks, and "ladies of the night." The hotel is in a good location, within walking distance to many restaurants and bars. There is also a sushi bar in the hotel that was surprisingly good. I didn't have any problems with the rooms, except at times they smelled a bit musty. However, they were relatively large, had a flat screen tv, and nice bathroom. I was traveling with a mate and we were content with our stay, because we got the rooms at a discounted rate. People should just be aware that this hotel has a very active night life scene.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Grego2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My buddy and I stayed here on a planned overnight layover coming from Bogota. On the way to Bogota we did the same and stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in Panama. These are polar opposite hotels. I reviewed that hotel as well. First off, the other reviewers hit the nail on the head with this one. It is musty, dank and dirty..BUT there are plenty of girls and gambling if that's your thing. I would much rather stay somewhere else and cab it over to the Veneto for the nighttime action. The rooms were not very well kept. See pictures below. If you just want hookers and gambling at night, then this is the place to be. If you want a good room, keep looking.

Room Tip: Best rooms are in other hotels.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TonyGal3s

Travellers are raving about these Panama City hotels

DESSEL BELGIUM
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I was from th december for weeks in Veneto hotel, Panama. I read before that it was more a casino then a hotel, and better not go with your own wife, maybe yes,but if you avoid the second floor between 7 and 11 PM, there is nothing lost, very clean rooms, no noice from outside, very safe location, helpful desk-people, especially Stephania is some miss Panama I think, breakfast is the useall buffet, and in dead, its full of colombian womens at night, which don t wait for a bus in there of you know what I mean ?? If you go for a chill out in Panama, dont look further, the price is very reasonable for a 5 star hotel,

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor, than you avoid street noice
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Yuba City, California
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My first time to Panama City. I am not sure if all casino/hotels are this way, but the prostitutes almost outnumber the guests in the casino, but they were no problem. The problem started at the front desk. The ladies there seemed totally confused as to how to get a registration done. It took over 40 minutes. When we got to the room, there were not enough towels, maid service wouldn't answer, the front desk promised and still no towels. I resorted to taking them from an unattended maid's cart.

When we returned from our fishing trip, it was the same screwed up mess as we waited for those same two to take care of a gentleman ahead of us. An hour later, we go to our room. No towels!

Do not stay below the 12th floor because the noise of the sound system from the casino will vibrate your room. Do not stay on the 17th floor, that were the "girls" are working. Oh yes, as another person said in their review, I was told my card was denied, yet it worked when I used it on final check out. I called credit card company before I left to make sure it would be good. I would suggest another hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay below 13th floor. Sound from casino will keep you awake!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Amsterdam
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Smelly room because of aircon system, so all rooms have bad air quality.
Not my kind of average audience, old men, hookers, rooftop pool is not really impressive.
Some good shops in the vicinity, rey is around the corner.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Ft worth, tx
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Upon checking in the lady at the desk said my CC was being refused so I gave her a different one and the same thing and I told her it sounded like her machine and she said it was not so I had to put up a cash deposit. I took out travelers checks and they do not take them. The room was nice but the service sucks. at the room I asked for additional towels and wash cloths, they never brought them to me, after a couple of calls. The next day after being out all day we returned to the hotel hot and tired to find that they had not left any towels what so ever. I caught the maid and asked her for towels, this is about 3 PM and she said they did not have any at this time but she would bring some as soon as she got some. about 2 hours later still no towels I called maid service and told them I had no towels, not even to dry my hands and they said they would bring some up. at about 9 PM 6 hours later they brought me 2 bath towels no hand towels or washcloths. I called several times and spoke to the operator and at midnight I gave up with getting additional towels. I even went to the front desk and that did not work. They said they had no washcloths and were short of towels because of their laundry service. Certainly not Wyndham standards, a Wyndham hotel that does not have enough towels for their guest. Would not recommend to anyone unless you are looking for a pro, there are many around the hotel and casino.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert V
Denver
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I showed up with a confirmation from Kayak.com, they would not take the confirmation #, until they recieved an email from Kayak. It was 11pm and I asked if we could get my family situated in a room at the higher price quoted by the desk staff. She said that was impossible, due to slow internet, the entire process took 1 1/2 hrs to to be resolved. The hotel was average but the staff is deplorable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family