“Good Hotel to stay for few days”

Veneto Hotel & Casino
Ranked #100 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I have been in Veneto at least 4 times in a past 4 years mainly traveling alone for getaway or business. Hotel has largest casino in a city, but if your room on upper floor away from elevator - no sound is transmitted. The room keys and elevator keys are the same and if they work most of the time for room door, the elevator is another story. The hotel has very good swimming pool on the roof and spa. Service at front desk been from good to bad, but at least English is not a problem. Food at hotel restaurant is overprice - just go thru hotel main door and accros the street to the left a good restaurant with good food. Its not romantic restaurant but for breakfast its better than hotel. For shopping for males just go down the block to the right of hotel.

Casino is largest in the town, but if its best - difficult to decide, but it has live music and always plenty of people.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 January 2011

We found this hotel to be in a good location and provided good accommodations.

The only negative was a musty/damp smell on our floor. We were on a higher floor (13) and I suspect there was some water intrusion at some point which caused a problem. This however was not a big problem and soon dissipated when we ran the A/C.

Service and food was excellent. The breakfast was adequate and we also dined in the streak house restaurant which was very good.

Beds were comfortable and the rooms were quite even when there was a loud party downstairs on the pool deck.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Roy U
Reviewed 30 December 2010

I loved this Hotel. My husband and I stood in this Hotel for the weekend before we departed on our cruise. The hotel was clean and it was also safe. I loved that we had to use our room key in order to get into our floor from our elevators. If you like to party, drink and gamble this is the Hotel for you. You don't hear any noise from your room. You can go with your kids, but be adware that in the hotel turns something totally different at night.
There are alot of prostitutes, but they do not harrass your husband. The lobby is fun for people watching and having a couple of drinks. The hotel is convenient to different good affordable restaurants outside. Don't take the taxi from the hotel. They are expensive and they try to reccomend you to go to certain places that they get pay backs for. Not so good places if you know what I mean. Just walk a block or more and get a taxi is safe. I am planning to go again to Panama. I am going to stay at the Veneto!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2010

The Veneto is in a great location, the hotel and casino is clean and spacious. My room included the breakfast buffet which I thought was great. The beds were amazing, staff was very friendly. The pool area was great as well. I think people that say this is a family friendly hotel must be joking. The hotel is basically a casino, which is loaded with hookers. Not dirty, or creepy in anyway, and the girls are not at all aggressive, but between the hookers and casino, I can't see how this is family friendly. The food you can order off a menu in the casino is pretty good and not expensive. Like others said, stick to the yellow taxi's on the main street vs the expensive taxi's at the hotel. I opted to go with a hired driver from the hotel vs the yellow taxis for a trip to the Mira flores locks + city tour. Talked the driver down from $60 to $40 for about a 4hr tour. Way more than a yellow taxi, but for $40 i got a nice air conditioned SUV, with a private driver who spoke pretty good english and took me to the top of a hill/mountain for some great views of PC. Well worth the $40.

The guys that work in the sports book couldn't have been nicer.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Arrived Friday night and check in was painfully slow. Nice lobby area. Escalators up to casino on 2nd floor. Need room key to access your floor in elevator. Room OK with 2 double beds. Bar area full of people of all ages plus ladies of the night from Columbia and Venezuela plus locals. Do not bother you if you do not want them to. Bar service can be slow also but this appears to be the pace of life here. Good live music in the bar.
Second stay I got a king size bed. Overall good hotel close to attractions and nightlife if you want it! Would not recommend the food in the lobby restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2010

This was a really nice hotel and very family friendly. The beds were extremely confortable and the security gave me the comfort I needed. I would definately go there again for my next trip to Panama.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2010

The Veneto has the best sleeping bed! We stayed in 2006 and it was the nicest hotel we had every visited. Check-in desk was very nice and helpful English speaking. In Sept 2010 we got a discount through our homeowners insurance company so we booked a room at Veneto again. The room floors can only be accessed by elevator with your room keycard. Very good meal in the dining area. We felt safe walking around in this area and did some shopping. Found a great taxi driver named William, who spoke pretty good English and did not overcharge us like some in the past. For $20 less, we could have stayed at the Riande by the airport but not near as nice as the Veneto.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple