We chose to stay her to be away from the city noise and grime, and it was quite peaceful, and a short distance from the bus station, Amador Causeway, and Cerro Ancon. Meike and Bill were very helpful organising taxis etc. The room was spacious, and bathroom small but worked OK. A/C and fan worked fine.
The place is slightly shabby, and the taxi drivers don't know where it is, which can be tricky, although it is close to the canal administration building. There is nowhere nice to eat nearby, although you can walk to the restaurants at the end of Amador causeway in about an hour. We did try Nico's which is 5 minutes walk, but found it to be a sort of fast food mall, and no alcohol. Better to get a taxi to the Casco Antiguo - should only be a $2.50 taxi ride, but as soon as they realise you are a foreigner the fare doubles!
There is definite smell of stale smoke about the place, which non-smokers may find unpleasant.
Overall we had a pleasant enough 2 nights here, but compared to everywhere else we stayed I would say $50-$60 would be a fair price to pay. We did expect a bit smarter for $90.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Balboa Inn is a small Bed & Breakfast at the foot of Panama's main landmark, Ancon Hill (Cerro Ancon) in Balboa. Conveniently located between the downtown area, Amador Causeway and just minutes away from the domestic Albrook Airport, Casco Viejo, and the Panama Canal you are away from the city noise yet have access to all its services. The Balboa Inn: a great location, personal service, a real breakfast. Simply good value. Why settle for less? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your The Balboa Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Balboa Hotel Panama City
- The Balboa Inn Panama/Panama City