The Inn was in a quiet, safe, residential neighborhood. The Cerro Ancon mountain was 1/2 mile away and great jog or hike from the Inn.
The owners were very nice and made multiple phone calls for us due to missing luggage, without charge. They also lent us bug repellant and sun screen until the airlines delivered our suitcase .We appreciate that generosity very much and recognize that it is rare.
Breakfast was delicious, and it was neat to see the animals (agoutis) in the morning and the different birds in the garden.
However, the rooms were just okay and the neighborhood isn't that convenient to amenities. There were hardly any places to eat without a taxi ride. The beds were a little hard. No internet in the rooms. We had to go into the open air lounge area, where it was hot and we got bitten by mosquitos. If you're not an email junky like us, that may not make a difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Balboa Inn is a small Bed & Breakfast at the foot of Panama's main landmark, Ancon Hill (Cerro Ancon) in Balboa. Conveniently located between the downtown area, Amador Causeway and just minutes away from the domestic Albrook Airport, Casco Viejo, and the Panama Canal you are away from the city noise yet have access to all its services. The Balboa Inn: a great location, personal service, a real breakfast. Simply good value. Why settle for less? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Balboa Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Balboa Hotel Panama City
- The Balboa Inn Panama/Panama City