“One of The badest Hotels i stayed in my life”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Montreal

Hotel Montreal
Ranked #112 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Zurich, Switzerland
“One of The badest Hotels i stayed in my life”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Unfortunately, we trusted our Taxi driver who brought us to this Place. A big mistake. Rooms are very small, bathroom too, dirty, lack any charm and are not worth 5 Dollars. It was so noisy that we could hardly get any sleep. Dont go there!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Mirjam44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

After asking my taxi driver to take me to Hotel California he drove me here instead..I spent one night at Hotel Montreal before flying out to Bocas from Albrook the following morning. The room was dirty and small, the air conditioning unit was so noisy I thought it was about to take off and the single bed was hard and uncomfortable. For the money I paid, $60, this was not value for money.

The area felt unsafe so I spent the evening in the hotel's bar/restaraunt rather than venturing out. The staff were friendly but the food in the restaraunt was nothing to write home about and there was a lack of atmosphere.

Overall I would only recommend Hotel Montreal should you like myself require somewhere to rest for a few hours before an early departure out of Albrook.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Method81
tinton falls
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

I guess what i am so angry about is how the taxi cab driver was able to talk me out of the hotel that I had reserved and in to this hotel. I should have known something was up when I saw that the cab driver appeared ro be a friend of the staff there. The hotel was dirty and was located in a dirty polluted area that had absolutely nothing for us to do. Do not stay here!

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank wayne v

Travellers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Panama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

Good: The price was $50 and for more than one night is even cheaper. So it was the best option because its the cheapest hotel we could find near the city. Its located in front of a busy street so in rush hours there are lots of cars. Its located in a safe area (but you still need to be careful like always), it had air conditioning, pool, nice bed. Its old, so if you expect a beautiful HOTEL expect to pay at least $100 per night.

Bad: The restaurant was awful, the food was undercooked and below average, we ordered shrimps and a meat sandwich, just awful! So that's the biggest con, because I don't think there is a restaurant near, we drove to a nice restaurant in Calle Uruguay, like 10 min away in car. A taxi to Calle Uruguay could cost you like $1.50, or to Via Argentina where we have "El Trapiche" a Panamanian food restaurant, and some other nice restaurants and bars.

To consider: I don't mind the sound of cars, I'm used to it, so I really didn't pay attention, but if you are bothered easily with this, then maybe this isn't the right hotel for you.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank helensaku
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

The cab driver at the airport told us that the hotell we had planned to go to was located in a very bad neighbourhood and recomended us to go to a much better place... Judging by the so called "better place" ( hotel montreal) our original choice must have been hell itself. The hotel is located next to a highly trafficated road. The windows are thin and by design not airtight and consequently it is like sleeping by the road.

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank meltd
Amherst, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2010

Filthy rooms, sleepy receptionists, broken windows (yup, this is correct - we had one in the "bathroom") - and all this horror for $67. Beware: if you arrive in Panama City late at night having no hotel reservation, Montreal is one of the places a cab driver will "recommend."

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank montepink
Kansas City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2009

IF you absolutely have to have a place to stay then this hotel would work, but if you have any other choice I would go with it. I found myself in need of a hotel after figuring out I had not booked our original hotel for the 2nd part of our stay. (my fault not theirs) So I found this one, The price was slightly higher than the one we were at but included breakfast. So at the end of our trip we arrived to check in, after about a 45 min delay we get checked in. The rooms were small, and the bathroom ... well i have seen 1/2 baths larger, with no mirror. And the door had only a dead bolt (no handle) and a slide lock. The staff seemed to be bothered when we asked for things at the front desk. The last day we requested a 5am wake up call (as a back up incase we over slept) when we left at 5:45am we still had not received the call. I will give the front desk credit for arranging for a cab that was on-time and clean and charged exactly what was agreed upon.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple