“very good value”
Review of Hotel Milan

Hotel Milan
Ranked #56 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The hotel had recently taken into use a new wing, and we were the first users of room 602. We reserved a week in advance, and could have a 15% discount when paying cash (so, the double room costed us 66$). Service really great : check-in from 10am, check-out at 2pm, very helpful for getting a taxi etc, they even printed our boarding passes for our return flight. Recommended in every way.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank onzils

Reviewed 25 October 2013

There is absolutely nothing negative to say about this hotel. The staff were fantastic and we had no difficulties with communication even with those who spoke no English.
The restaurant staff were delightful and we enjoyed the range of different foods. Location was good and we were able to use local buses much of the time. Taxis were readily available for the times when buses were not convenient
We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PhilnMaureen
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Great service, secure garage parking, good food in attached restaurant, large room and bath. Internet works in room (unlike some hotels in the country), No problem receiving the jubilado discount as a retired resident.
Only problem I had was the bed was too hard so I didn't sleep well. Also it's hard controlling the AC temperature.

Room Tip: There are rooms with queen and king. They also have suites with large jetted tub, refrig and bar co...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stanvia
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The hotel is relatively new and located near the finance center on a quieter street. We are residents of Panama, living 2 hours from the city. This hotel is a perfect solution for the few times a year we have to spend a night in Panama. Safe parking, walking distance to many locations we need to to frequent. Taxis are frequent. The hotel restaurant is an excellent choice (best liver and onions I've had for a long time) and there are higher end eateries and casinos nearby. The rooms are large and well furnished. Bed is firm. Highly recommended as a base in Panama. Great alternative to the high priced fancy/shmantsy high rise tourist hotels.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

... So so location.... But the service is TERRIBLE and there are a lot of nicer hotel in Panama city a lot better than this one with good prices, better location and a lot better service.
I make my reservation traveling from USA for me and my cousin , charge it in my credit card and when I arrived there they didn't even open the garage door because they said they don't acept 2 people with the same sex. I told them that when I make my reservation I said I was traveling with a cousin and they did'nt say anything about it. I ask for my refund and they said they can not give it back. So I send my cousin to the room and I stay all night at the lobby and try to speack with the owner but he was an asswole too. So I WILL NOT RECOMEND this place if you are traveling with your daugther or the father is traveling with his son or with some one with the same sex. Service suck too they also have an actitud that they really don't deserve.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank abelardo c
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The Hotel Milan is located in the El Congrejo district of Panama City and is close to shopping and many very good restaurants. The hotel, while not fancy, is clean and provides a courteous and competent staff. It is a convenient property well worth the cost of the room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Don L
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights at the end of a 3 months visit to Panama and found the multi lingual staff to be highly service oriented and very pleasant.
The location is good for access to dinning & shopping as well as a good location to set out on sightseeing.
The little restaurant just off the lobby serves tasty food at very reasonable prices.
All-in-all a very pleasant experience

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo