“Clean & Affordable”

Ranked #57 of 117 Hotels in Panama City
phx
“Clean & Affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

My husband and I stayed there for two nights. Once upon arriving in the country and before our departure. We made reservations well in advance. It was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, the price is right, the hotel has a good security system, cameras on all floors, garages, stairwells, elevators etc. The hotel is located in a nice, safe area, close to shops and restaurants. We only needed a place to stay overnight, and we were pleasantly surprised. It was perfect for our needs and inexpensive. We would stay here again. (I think that they are expanding the hotel because there is construction starting at 7am. We were already up and heading out, so it was of no concern to us).

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
missuola
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2011

The location is great. It's in a safe area, close to restaurants, car rentals, and a food store. The rooms are clean and they give you a great discount for cash.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2010

Certainly there are lots of good comments to this hotel. I has to admit that room is good for the price you paid for it. But there are things that are truly wrong with the staff service. Policies in this hotel are so strict and without lots of sense. You cannot bring a guest to your room, no matter what. You feel that everyone in the hotel knows what are you doing since they got plenty of cameras on each floor. The staff likes to gossip about any hotel guests and about themselves as coworkers; that for me is a lack of respect to PRIVACY. They are not so courteous, just doing their jobs. It is so pleasant to have a nice smile and a good morning, not any of it do we get. I think they are expanding the hotel, but noise is so loud very early in the morning. Also housekeepers are loud, they do not consider there are still guests sleeping since vacations implies waking up late if one wishes. Finally, I had to add that the hotel have to improve the guest list of don´ts and improve the staff service. IT WAS TERRIBLE, need to consider a better service quality. You feel that everybody knows all your moves, need to be discrete. Would not recommend the hotel even if they offer free nights.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank Orchid131
Beaumont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Milan. Very friendly staff. Clean Hotel. Great central location with convenient access to everything. We felt very safe walking around the neighboring areas. Will definitely stay here again. Convenient reasonably priced restaurant located in the hotel.

We used the cash option for payment ($57).

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nnfoote
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

First, thank you to all of the travelers who took the time to write about this hotel. It is because of you that I picked this hotel and I am glad I did. Yes, it is true that the hotel does not allow two men or two women to share a room and I understood after I found out that the Wyndham hotel down the street is hub for women of the night. Hotel Milan is in a great spot and I walked so much around the city because the hotel is in a spot that provided me the option to walk as opposed to take a cab or risk my life on the Red Devil buses. The staff was very friendly and the food in the restaurant is FANTASTIC! The soups are out of this world and when I say seafood and chicken I mean big pieces for the price. While I wish the staff would have some basic English down they were very helpful and friendly. They are actually building on to the hotel, which will be able to accommodate families and larger beds.

If you need to take a tour, walk to the Wyndham hotel and visit the Turista desk. Make sure you ask for Raul as your tour guide. He did a great job translating in English and Spanish during my tour to the canal etc. I was the only English speaker on the bus besides him so he had a tough job but did a great job. In addition, if you need transportation to and from the airport you can book it from them and pay less than you would with a taxi. Don’t take a ride from the guy who hangs out at in front of the hotel. He’s annoying and he charges too much.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank RJMBA
Hollywood, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

The hotel seems very clean and has a good location. However, on my 2nd night I started noticing bites all over my arms. I politely asked the hotel manager if I could switch rooms and explained the situation. Not only did he decline my request but he also accused me of bringing in this infestation. I had never been treated so rudely in my life... I obviously exploded in rage and after a huge argument he decided to change rooms the next day because there wasn't any at that moment... I had to sleep on the floor of my room because the bugs got all of my arms. Perhaps I had bad luck in getting that room with that mattres... when they changed me the new room was perfect... but I have never been treated so unfairly in my life as a business traveler. I would never go back to that hotel... even if they offer free stay.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank surge527
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2010

We read the many reviews of this place and found it to be as described: impeccably clean, excellent location, free wifi, and a real bargain if paid for with cash (~ $57). A couple tips if you plan to stay here: (1) ask for a room that is not facing the building that is being constructed adjacent to the hotel. Our window faced into the construction site and it was pretty loud in the morning. (2) If you need to catch a cab, hail one yourself on the street. There is a cabbie who often hangs out in the restaurant and the receptionist may offer you his services, but he quoted us a price more than twice the market rate. If they call a cab it will also cost more than hailing one on the street. You might have to flag down a few cabs before you find one that will give you an fair price quote, but it shouldn't take more than 5 mins. (3) the hotel staff didn't seem to have much to offer in terms of help with visiting the city. So be sure to do your research ahead of time.

Overall, great no-frills place.

• Stayed August 2010