“Customer service is horrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Via Espana

Hotel Via Espana
Ranked #107 of 116 Hotels in Panama City
Panama City, Panama
“Customer service is horrible”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Apenas entre al hotel y vi la expresion de la joven Ebrin de cabello rojo, que era de mala gana no queria atender, fui hacer una reservacion a un familiar que venia del extranjero, todo era como con una actitud y como si le estuviera pidiendo un favor, ella en vez de buscar una solucion me preguntaba a mi que, que ibamos hacer (Lo que necesitaba yo era hacer una reservacion pero no tenia como confirmar los dias, pero tenia el dinero para separar la habitacion). Necesitan un mejor servicio al cliente y personas pensantes que puedan dar una solucion.
Im so sorry but I will never stay there or recommend that hotel just because of the costumer service, I went there to do a reservation for a family member of mine that was planning to come from Costarica and all the front desk girl had was an attitude and terrible face expression like she didnt want to be there or help, instead she was asking me, then what are going to do maam ... The hotel need proactive people and fast thinking that are willing to give a solution to the clients, to me it was like she did not want to make money for the business.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Yolibeth S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I went their just for the night before my flight back home. I forgot my wallet and call them. The Manager told me that he have place it in their ''Safe'' and wait for my friend to come pick it up. I called them the day before my friend went and they confirm they have it and they are waiting for her. The next day when she arrived they say that they didn't have it and lie. They just stole my wallet with my Iphone ! More over, I got bed bugs too ! So please go anywhere else but not there ! Don'T trust anybody there !

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Anik L

Travellers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Guayaquil, Ecuador
Reviewed 27 June 2012

The hotel is cheap, but I really expected more according to the price,
People who work there are awful, irrespectful and not kind at all.
The rooms are horrible, bathroom horrible, everything is awful.
The breakfast is ok, but it doesnt worth it if all the rest sucks.
My suitcase was attraped on the elevator for half an hour cuz it broke down, and the pick up system sucks..

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ValeriaRodr
Seattle
Reviewed 23 March 2012

pros: brewed coffee at the breakfast buffet. cons: the rest of the buffet sucks. they say they have wifi in the rooms but it was 'down' for the one night i stayed. fled to the Hotel Marbella. much better. they couldn't have cared less at losing the 3 more nights i planned to stay. staff dealt with me with simmering hostility the moment i walked in the door. room was dirty. no towels, no toilet paper. no remote control for tv. temp control on the ac was broken. floor drain in the bathroom had a razor sharp piece of metal sticking out of it. right where you stand at the sink. thoughtful. always travelling with duct tape i covered it and then put a towel over it. after requesting the aformentioned articles the housekeeper was clearly frosted and clearly i expect too much. hotel is located on an incredibly noisey corner. i very much got the impression that this is a hotel for panamanians and not tourists. if you need to stay in the bella vista district try the Hotel Venecia. $15 a night cheaper, clean and friendly. even better to stay in the El Cangrejo district.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank BluesSeeker
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed 14 March 2012

If there is one thing that I love about Panama are their skyscrapers and beautiful buildings that surround Panama City. However, when I travel to Panama, I stayed at the Hotel via España for about 3 days. The hotel is average, they do have AC & WIFI w/Internet access, the bar was ok, and breakfast was good enough for me and the rooms are ok, but noisy.. no amazing views. The only good views are the ones from the skyscrapers and of those beautiful buildings across from the hotel.

Let me tell you my story! When I got to the hotel from the airport, I decided to take a shower, and I make sure that the windows were closed, so I proceeded to take a shower, well, I did not realize that the (bathroom) window was open! Moreover, right across from that little window there were condominiums. I am not sure if anyone saw me; however, I was so embarrassed! Ok.. Lesson learned! Before taking a shower make sure, that you cover the window with a towel or you will become the evening show for the people who live across from the hotel!

Ok! Enough about my shower show! Anyhow, overall, this hotel it is just average and I cannot complain about the price, I guess it was ok also. The staff was nice to me and my trip highlight was when I was introduced to my Panama Canal tourist guide, He was charming, helpful, patience and very professional. My trip to the Pma Canal was awesome! Ok.. I guess that’s in another review.. Smiling! Would I go back, perhaps yes! I know now to cover the bathroom window!

Room Tip: Make sure to cover the bathroom windows with a towel ;) stay away from the rooms facing the street...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Lotus L
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 6 December 2010

The room was depressing. The lighting was poor. The bed sheet was very thin; it pulled away from the mattress. The moment I saw the room, I knew I had to find another hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank DQUON
Cheshire
Reviewed 11 July 2009

We stayed here a number of weeks and more often than not found staff rude and un-helpful. Our bathroom was rarely cleaned, on most occasions cleaning of the room meant emptying the bin! The good thing with the room was the air-conditioning which seemed to be lacking in the rest of the hotel at times.
Food in the restaurant was inconsistant and rarely looked the same twice, on occasion it would be well presented and enjoyable.
Although wireless internet was available, this was only in the reception area and would regurlarly go off and not come back on for hours at a time.
We regularly found it difficult getting a taxi service from the hotel and often had to go out onto the street, not always a very safe option.
This hotel is not to be recommended.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business