“a bad one”
Review of Hotel Aramo

Hotel Aramo
Ranked #103 of 115 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 13 March 2012

to start my review.i have two good things about this hotel,is location and free internet in the lobby,for the rest ,a nightmare...dont trust too much thoses photos of theirs rooms,you re gone be very desappointed...most of the rooms needed badly to be renovated...cleanliness are not a priority in this hotel,the elevator worked very badly and dangerous..in my 7 nights stay,the pool was close 6 out 7 days with a temp of 95 f,could you believe it,they have problems with the water and the plastic stairs was broken..about .the food ,it was not good at all..a trip to forgot....

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ricdom

Reviewed 10 March 2012

This hotel is one of the most affordable we found in a good neighbor hood of Panama City. It is walking distance to a lot of restaurants and the beds are very comfortable. But it is very run down and the internet went out while we we there. They did get it fixed after a day and a half. The water in the shower was only warm , never hot. They have a swimming pool and the crowd in the pool kept us up at night so ask for a room away from the pool.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AM W
Reviewed 30 July 2011

The staff is very unprofessional and exhibit very poor customer service. The facility is extremely dirty and disgusting. Do not waste your time nor money.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 13 September 2010

I stayed at this hotel at the expense of the client, who booked the room for me. Once in the room, I immediately noticed the deep recession on one side of the bed. The bed must have been at least 10 years old. I have never seen a bed in such a condition. I then thought to myself that this must be one of those hotels where people come for a quick fix only. I then checked out the bed for cleanliness and did observe a long hair on the bed, which prompted me to check out the inside of the bed, where I did see what appeared to be pubic hair from the prior 'customer'. I contacted front desk in person, and a young man responded back to my room with me where I showed him the hairs, both inside and on top of the bed. I told him if he brought me sheets that I would remake the bed myself. He did bring the sheets, but no replacement blanket. I remade the bed myself, and received no apologies from the lead manager. Tthe breakfast does only consist of toast, coffee and orange juice, but you can order more food at cost. The pool is just outside the lobby and looked pretty bad. I did receive free wireless internet in my room which was a luxury after using the lobby dial up internet. It took over 4 minutes just for that computer to make it to a search engine web site. A great shopping mall was within walking distance of the hotel, (4 blocks), and only about a $ 3-5.00 cab ride. Do not stay at this hotel. The Granada Hotel was more expensive, but a pleasure to stay at. I'll review them next.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2010

The shower stall was clogged so the water pooled and flooded the bathroom; toilet flush made a lot of noise; towels were so old; the bathroom tiles were so bad that Motel 6 is a Ritz compared to this hotel; bathrooms in camps in the US are better than their bathroom; the air conditioner worked but remained at 85 degrees F so we felt so hot and was so noisy, it was hard to sleep; beds were so old and we felt that it will fall apart while we slept; the room had one bad ligthbulb so it made the room even look so gloomy; the garage gate had to be opened so you have to wait for someone to unlock the door and it is so uneven that the car exhaust hit the cement floor and probably ruined it; the lobby door was aslways locked so it showed that it is in a bad area; internet did not work in the room even when they gave me the password; breakfast was 2 pieces of toast with watered down juice; the only good thing is that the refrigerator worked. DO NOT STAY in this hotel as you will regret it! If you paid $20, then maybe it is okay but nothing more than that. The photos in their are beautiful but in reality, it is really old and rundown. It was probably taken 60 years ago. I did not see the pool because as soon as I saw the room, I know everything will be bad. Find another hotel!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2010

It cost me $58 to spend a night at this hotel. It is rundown and in a bad part of town. The pool is empty and crumbling. If they charged me $25, it would have been acceptable. The staff is nice and helpful. I had a three night reservation that I cancelled after the first night.
It is not worth the money. Avoid!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2009

I was disappointed by this hotel that looked fine on photos but happened to be old and dated.
The elevator has not been working for three days, wireless Internet only works in the lobby, breakfast is very "basic", the laundry is not immaculate and some curtains and table cloths are ripped.
My room is damp and noisy. The AC is available but it is also noisy and run-down.
The staff is generally friendly although some are laidback.
The swimming pool is an asset to the hotel (yet its depth doesn’t reach 1,50m). Foreign channels are available on TV.
Aramo hotel was one of the cheapest hotels I found in Panama but compared to other two-star hotels I have been to in Europe, it doesn't meet the standards.
In conclusion, I find this hotel expensive for what it is but the standards seem to be different over here so you pay for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo