“What a dump.”

Ranked #104 of 117 Hotels in Panama City
LIZELIA
“What a dump.”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We were sent here after our reservations at our hotel, Tower House Suites, were in conflict with a group who couldn't leave due to Aero Perlas ceasing business in Panama with no warning. We got there and the front desk clerk was gone and no one could help us. She got back from buying here water and didn't seem to care we were waiting. The room was very basic I don't know where those pics on Tripadvisor came from. They looked way too nice to what we saw. There was no hot water, the window in the bathroom had a big hole in it, the A/C was moldy (I know it's a costal city). The elevator kept braking down. We went back to the front desk to get another room. The clerk didn't know which rooms were empty. Kept opening doors that were occupied. We decided to leave, but they wouldn't refund us. It was probably one of the WORST customer service (front desk) at any hotel I have ever visited.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank GITANO58

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
st-hyacinthe quebec canada
Reviewed 13 March 2012

to start my review.i have two good things about this hotel,is location and free internet in the lobby,for the rest ,a nightmare...dont trust too much thoses photos of theirs rooms,you re gone be very desappointed...most of the rooms needed badly to be renovated...cleanliness are not a priority in this hotel,the elevator worked very badly and dangerous..in my 7 nights stay,the pool was close 6 out 7 days with a temp of 95 f,could you believe it,they have problems with the water and the plastic stairs was broken..about .the food ,it was not good at all..a trip to forgot....

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ricdom

Travellers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Bocas Town, Panama
Reviewed 10 March 2012

This hotel is one of the most affordable we found in a good neighbor hood of Panama City. It is walking distance to a lot of restaurants and the beds are very comfortable. But it is very run down and the internet went out while we we there. They did get it fixed after a day and a half. The water in the shower was only warm , never hot. They have a swimming pool and the crowd in the pool kept us up at night so ask for a room away from the pool.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AM W
Reviewed 30 July 2011

The staff is very unprofessional and exhibit very poor customer service. The facility is extremely dirty and disgusting. Do not waste your time nor money.

• Stayed July 2011
02067
Reviewed 13 September 2010

I stayed at this hotel at the expense of the client, who booked the room for me. Once in the room, I immediately noticed the deep recession on one side of the bed. The bed must have been at least 10 years old. I have never seen a bed in such a condition. I then thought to myself that this must be one of those hotels where people come for a quick fix only. I then checked out the bed for cleanliness and did observe a long hair on the bed, which prompted me to check out the inside of the bed, where I did see what appeared to be pubic hair from the prior 'customer'. I contacted front desk in person, and a young man responded back to my room with me where I showed him the hairs, both inside and on top of the bed. I told him if he brought me sheets that I would remake the bed myself. He did bring the sheets, but no replacement blanket. I remade the bed myself, and received no apologies from the lead manager. Tthe breakfast does only consist of toast, coffee and orange juice, but you can order more food at cost. The pool is just outside the lobby and looked pretty bad. I did receive free wireless internet in my room which was a luxury after using the lobby dial up internet. It took over 4 minutes just for that computer to make it to a search engine web site. A great shopping mall was within walking distance of the hotel, (4 blocks), and only about a $ 3-5.00 cab ride. Do not stay at this hotel. The Granada Hotel was more expensive, but a pleasure to stay at. I'll review them next.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
South San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 June 2010

The shower stall was clogged so the water pooled and flooded the bathroom; toilet flush made a lot of noise; towels were so old; the bathroom tiles were so bad that Motel 6 is a Ritz compared to this hotel; bathrooms in camps in the US are better than their bathroom; the air conditioner worked but remained at 85 degrees F so we felt so hot and was so noisy, it was hard to sleep; beds were so old and we felt that it will fall apart while we slept; the room had one bad ligthbulb so it made the room even look so gloomy; the garage gate had to be opened so you have to wait for someone to unlock the door and it is so uneven that the car exhaust hit the cement floor and probably ruined it; the lobby door was aslways locked so it showed that it is in a bad area; internet did not work in the room even when they gave me the password; breakfast was 2 pieces of toast with watered down juice; the only good thing is that the refrigerator worked. DO NOT STAY in this hotel as you will regret it! If you paid $20, then maybe it is okay but nothing more than that. The photos in their are beautiful but in reality, it is really old and rundown. It was probably taken 60 years ago. I did not see the pool because as soon as I saw the room, I know everything will be bad. Find another hotel!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Praia, Cape Verde
Reviewed 22 March 2010

It cost me $58 to spend a night at this hotel. It is rundown and in a bad part of town. The pool is empty and crumbling. If they charged me $25, it would have been acceptable. The staff is nice and helpful. I had a three night reservation that I cancelled after the first night.
It is not worth the money. Avoid!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family