“Rip Off Artists”

Ranked #93 of 113 Hotels in Panama City
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Rip Off Artists”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I would like to say I have stayed and not had to pay for 2 nights but that is not the case. I had a 2 night reservation through Hotels.com with this property. I had a 48 hours prior cancellable reservation without penalty. I cancelled on Sept. 18, reservation was for October 26-28. Hotel charged my credit card on October 7, 3 weeks AFTER cancellation. Hotels.com won't accept any responsibility for giving my credit card to these thieves and was supposedly "working" with them for the better part of 3 months to get this resolved. Hotel claims they can't find the charge even after I have submitted my CC info to them and Hotels.com 4 times now. Still no resolution so I can only imagine what the service itself would be like. Very incompetent or very wily. Disgusting and sickening. Amex will not dispute the charge because it has been over 90 days. I started this process on Oct. 9, after seeing the charge on my AMEX bill online. I should have contested with AMEX immediately without giving the hotel the benefit of the doubt. I hope the $154.00 iss worth it to them because I will post this review on every single travel site I can find.

Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank LoriLovesTravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 29 January 2012

A few ok things about the hotel, the restaurant food is pretty good, breaky is included and We had a comfortable bed. However, the airport shuttle dropped us at the wrong hotel, the room stunk like smoke, the door was broken and barely shut, the toilet ran constantly & didn't always flush but the most disappointing was the rude and unhelpful staff on reception. We attempted to book tours through them and was continuously blown off and told wrong information which wasted our limited time. Nobody on reception could speak a word of English and spent their time on Facebook while we were trying to get information.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Jessandtim

Travellers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We were moved to this hotel from another hotel because it was overbooked.
We got for the first night a room facing the via espanya which was very noisy during all night. However during the second night we moved to a back room which was much more quiet.
The hotel rooms look abit old but they are clean. dont expect too much.
Breakfast was good and big. Staff had only 1 clerk which knew how to speak english.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I got stuck in Panama because KLM is the worst airline ever, so I needed to stay somewhere cheap without a reservation. I found a van picking up people for hotels and they were going to this hotel. I hopped aboard the free shuttle. The hotel was $66 including tax for 2 people. Air conditioner was good and quiet. TV worked, shower hot water ok, big King bed, clean. Internet pretty fast WIFI no additional charge. They´ll cook you food at 11 p.m., so that´s good. Wasn´t the best food, but decent. Full bar. Staff helped us. Plus there is a free airport shuttle at 7 am 8 am and 145 pm. We´ll take the 145 p.m. so they gave us late checkout without any hassle. Nothing to complain about here.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank missibehavin
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 March 2011

After agreeing on a rate for 6 days, the day of departure the rate was increased by $ 198. After discussions, I was told a creit would be posted to my credit card. Three emails & one fax follow up were ignored & of course no credit. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank hgervat
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 6 December 2010

The hotel was recently renovated with modern touches. The staff spoke english. A breakfast buffet was included in the price. The bar is open 24/7. It would have been nice if they could have checked to see that the desk lamp and washroom lamp is working, however, this is not take away from my enjoyment. The hotel is located close to the casino, shopping, and restaurants. I felt very safe walking in this neighbourhood.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank DQUON
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 September 2010

lobby smelled awful, room was dirty. Just forfieted my money (booked online) and went to another hotel. Made a Motel 6 look like the Ritz

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo