“Great value x money. Excellent location”
Review of Hotel el Parador

Hotel el Parador
Ranked #101 of 114 Hotels in Panama City
New York
“Great value x money. Excellent location”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed there in July 2014 for 10 days. With breakfast included, pool on roof top, and location close to many restaurants, theater plays, bookstores, supermarkets, and any store you may need...you are not going to find a better deal.
I agree with some customers on: towels could be better, breakfast is just ok with 3 options, personnel at restaurant dont smile but not because they dont like you (in general, there is a cultural attitude that for people from other countries seems as unfriendly, and it is more a perception than a fact due to the particular cultural issue).

Room Tip: book online to get better deal. ask for room away from elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Luis C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
América, Managua, Nicaragua
Reviewed 21 July 2014

wow! where do I begin? I have never encountered an entire staff full of rude and inconsiderate incompetents in my life! It started badly and only got worse then we checked out early for anything else we could find. They wouldn't let us check in because we had our confirmation number written down and they said if it is not printed they won't help us. even though they offer a business center with computer/fax/printer they refused to let us use it with our lap tops and made us leave and find somewhere else to print it out. The restaurant smells like a kitty's liter box and the complimentary breakfast??....lets just say I have nothing complimentary to say about that...powdered orange juice, horrible service..???? the room, tolerable but nothing other than two 10 yr old kiddies gym towels and a bar of soap, no floor mat nothing. the lock boxes for the room you have to get at the front desk, so how safe is a lockbox that anyone can just walk out with??? I leave you with this... the rudeness of the staff, oh my god, the owner of this place must be satan him/herself!!! run and don't ever look back at this nightmare in Panama!!!

Room Tip: to choose a good room you must go stay in another hotel!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank drinkshiraz

Travellers are raving about these Panama City hotels

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Staff are so rude and the hotel is terribly overpriced. We booked on booking.com, saved over half. They said they didn't have our booking and when they found it wanted us to pay more. Wouldn't let us have breakfast. Room was dirty. Don't go there!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel was dirty, the breakfast was terrible, the staff is unfriendly and unmotivated. It is really far from the city center. I am pretty sure you can find something better! In general I would advice not to choose Panama City as a holiday target, it is worth to come here only for the Canal.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ZsofiaZsofiaP
Colon, Panama
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Reception courteous, helpful and spoke English. Clean and comfortable room. Only one chair. View of backyards and construction, but birds and squirrels in trees. Parking in garage. We used both elevator and stairs, which were clean. Nice complimentary breakfast. Nice supper in the restaurant - enough for two seniors to share.. Computer available with internet. I sent an email from my own laptop via WiFi, but the internet was too slow for web browsing. I will recommend it to cruisers with business in Panama city or overnight before or after flight

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I got stranded at the airport & asked a taxi driver to take me to a reasonably priced hotel. I supposedly got the last room in the place and they told me through the driver that the room was $85 because it had two beds. I was alone and said I only needed one. They gave it to me for $65. It was from the 50's or so, with no deadbolt or chain for security. The wifi only worked in the lobby. It was good that there were 2 beds because one had hair and a stain on the sheets that made me think it wasn't washed. The AC was fine. The hotel had a musty smell. Breakfast was 2 eggs, white toast, coffee and juice. If I booked online the price would have been $33 Canadian cheaper. There is a 1 foot step up into the washrooms in the lobby. Not wheel chair accessible.

Room Tip: If you are staying there book online.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
So Cal
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Reasonably clean but old. We stayed 1 night. Didn't use the restaurant, went out to eat. Receptionist was cranky. Cold atmosphere. I would suggest keep looking. Wi-if was sketchy. We found a good sushi bar very close by.

Room Tip: Move on to another hotel,
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple