The end of February we went to Panama for 2 weeks mainly to see the Canal Zone from Panama City to Colon. During our first week we stayed in old town Casco Viejo in a walk-up studio apartment owned by ‘Patty’s Casitas’. The rooms were extremely clean with upscale linens and towels, fine dishware, flatware, glassware and every cooking utensil one could possibly need. We had Wi-Fi, a landline, a cell phone and even printed directions to give the taxi driver so we could get back to our space. Patty had done a beautiful job of decorating both our studio and the one bedroom unit across the hall that was occupied by friends we met. Casco Viejo is now a UNESCO site and a perfect location to walk among the historic buildings. The oldest church in Panama was just down the street. The mayor’s house was across from the church and the building just up the street is being reconstructed. We spent two days just seeing the neighborhood, tasting the Panamanian food, looking at the arts and crafts, visiting the Canal Museum, and walking along the shorefront. It’s a safe, interesting area to stay in.
Then we spent our second week near the Amador Causeway on the 4th floor of a very modern apartment with an elevator. We had access to the 7th floor fitness room and outside terrace overlooking the Canal – where we enjoyed cheese and wine each night as the sun went down. This accommodation was completely different, but equally well decorated with a very complete kitchen and beautiful views Panama City. I enjoyed the art pieces on display.
In both places Patty had a notebook with complete instructions for everything plus wonderful recommendations for restaurants. She had thought of everything that could make a guest comfortable. She and Rudy were available by phone if we needed anything. She is an extremely efficient woman who made arrangements for us to ride the Panama Railroad and to go through the Canal on a smaller boat, as well as booking all our tours with Rudy. We felt so lucky to have discovered them. They both speak Spanish, English, Italian and German. They also have a B & B in their home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer top notch accommodations in the most sought out neighborhoods in the city...Bella Vista, Casco Viejo (the Colonial neighborhood - a UNESCO World Heritage Site) & the Amador famous for its Causeway at the entrance of the Panama Canal.We also have a gorgeous 1 & 2 bedroom Villa in the beautiful mountains of Capira - 50 minutes from the city...the views will take your breath away...please inquire.This is your one stop shop as we also provide airport transfers, tours with Rudy (certified tour guide), and we can welcome you in English, Spanish, French, German and Italian.We, Patty & Rudy, are 100% dedicated to our guests...let us make your Panama vacation an unforgettable one;-) ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Patty`s Casitas Hotel Panama City
- Patty`s Casitas Bed And Breakfast
- Patty's Casitas Panama/Panama City