We arrived in Panama City, in February, right in the middle of 'Carnaval'. Many of the streets were closed so we had to make numerous detours before our taxi made it to the apartment. Patty was patiently waiting downstairs and helped us with our luggage. The 'loft apartment' is lovely. It is a two-bedroom apartment but since we only needed one BR they locked the BR on the main floor but gave us the use of both bathrooms. This was very handy as we had a bathroom on each level.
We stayed for 3 weeks and the maid came each Friday to clean the unit. There are two washers and dryers on the main floor for the people in the building to use. No coins needed and soap was supplied. There are two air conditioners in the unit which is great as Panama City can be hot and humid. Doesn't get much better.
The apartment is very well stocked - Patty has thought of everything. There is a 'directory' with all the information one can possibly want. There is a laptop in the bedroom, free WiFi, and a cell phone to use plus a land line. There is even a card with the address of the building to show the taxi driver.
Patty, and her husband, Rudy, are a real team. Patty looks after the bookings etc. and Rudy plays the tour guide. He is Panamanian and speaks excellent English, amongst other languages. We took a few of his tours and were not disappointed. To see the locks we suggest seeing the Gatun locks as you are up close to the ships and there are very few tourists compared to the Miraflores locks. The highlight was the trip to the Embera Village. We were joined by another American couple and we were the only visitors to this remote village that day.
Thanks to Patty and Rudy we really enjoyed our stay in Panama City. Casco Viejo is an area under major renovation and it would be interesting to come back in about 5 years to see the changes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer top notch accommodations in the most sought out neighborhoods in the city...Bella Vista, Casco Viejo (the Colonial neighborhood - a UNESCO World Heritage Site) & the Amador famous for its Causeway at the entrance of the Panama Canal.We also have a gorgeous 1 & 2 bedroom Villa in the beautiful mountains of Capira - 50 minutes from the city...the views will take your breath away...please inquire.This is your one stop shop as we also provide airport transfers, tours with Rudy (certified tour guide), and we can welcome you in English, Spanish, French, German and Italian.We, Patty & Rudy, are 100% dedicated to our guests...let us make your Panama vacation an unforgettable one;-) ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Patty`s Casitas Bed And Breakfast
- Patty`s Casitas Hotel Panama City
- Patty's Casitas Panama/Panama City