All reviews indoor pool del mundo large variety of choices stunning views of the city other star hotels breakfast was amazing wifi service ideal location beautiful hotel buffet breakfast is the cleaning lady room wasn't ready front desk person hard rock cafe shower head large shower hop on hop off bus
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

The buffet was incredible!!!!!

The service, quality of the food, and the background music was top notch.

We had an amazing time and will choose the Aurum Restaurant and Staff for future events!!!

Thank you!

Stayed: December 2017
CarlosDi11, Gerencia General at Hotel Las Americas Golden Tower Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear Candy Carter de S,

We appreciate your time in sharing your experience with us.

It is great to hear you had a good time with us.

I have shared your feedback with our Restaurant Aurum Team.

We look forward to your next visit.

Regards

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Absolutely loved it!!!!! 5 stars really nice hotel plenty of the staff speak English as well. Staying here after being bumped off a flight.Lunch was really amazing, nice pool. Also u have a really nice view of the spiral building and the skyline.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
CarlosDi11, Gerencia General at Hotel Las Americas Golden Tower Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear ministerofvibez,

We appreciate your time in sharing your comments based on your recent stay with us.

We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and our services.

We will share your kind words with the hotel staff.

Thank you for this amazing rating!

Regards,

Reviewed 30 November 2017

This is a beautiful hotel located in the heart of Panama City. Rooms are large and spacious and the view is spectacular. The higher your room the longer it takes to get hot water, let it run 5, 10, 15 or more minutes. Service is quick and efficient. No coffee maker in room. The restaurant, AURUM, is different, they need a new chief. The chicken was tough and tasteless. I had what they called a stir fried beef. The beef was tough and dry. Hardly any vegetables but mostly rice.

Room Tip: High rooms better view, less hot water. Skip the restaurant.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Herman B,

We want to thank you for taking your time to share your comments with us.

We will make sure the appropiate actions are taken in place to make sure the feedback are corrected inmediately.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit.

Regards,

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 7 nights as a solo traveler/tourist.

Overall, a great place to stay and I can recommend it if you don’t mind the price tag. My experience was a little bit of a mixed bag, with lots of room for improvement.

The building: Beautiful open spaces, well-designed. Elevator has one set of buttons that are aligned horizontally but in order vertically, if that makes sense, which was enormously confusing at first. LB is the lobby, PB is the main floor/exit.

The room: Nice style, big beautiful floor to ceiling windows with excellent views (of roads, but that’s not their fault, and I personally found a lot of enjoyment from watching the crazy traffic). Nice linens, although my comforter had a stain on it that I left intentionally exposed every day, and it was never changed out. Sheets were incredibly soft, as was the bed. Bathroom was nice and artfully designed. However, the door to the toilet doesn’t even reach the ceiling, so if you’re sharing a room with someone you will have no secrets. Hot water was hard to come by in the shower regardless of the time of day. Hopefully little details will get fixed up as they complete all parts of the hotel, such as holes and markings on the wall from where they mounted the TV. I found the desk space and chair to be really nice. Rooms are NOT soundproof, however. You will hear traffic at all hours, and anyone out in the hallway. My minibar was not stocked yet, which is fine, but the fridge was also locked so I could not use it.

Staff: The front desk person who checked me in was unpleasant. The bellhop who helped with my bags was wonderful and so kind. Housekeeping staff were wonderful to run into in the hall. The folks working breakfast were generally uninterested in me, but not rude, except one friendly guy who kept trying to teach me Spanish words and was very attentive and lovely. The front desk person who checked me out was not great. I asked for an itemized list of the additional charges on my bill, and she was only able to produce a partial list, so I don’t even know what the additional $100 charge was for. When I politely pressed further, she raised her eyebrows and gave me the same information again. Wow. Producing an itemized list of charges will be standard for business travelers needing reimbursement from their employers, and I suggest that the hotel figure out how to make this happen smoothly in the future.

Breakfast: Tons of food options, some better than others. Big bowls of fresh fruits, some warm food options, breads, pastries, oatmeal station, waffles and pancakes, juices, coffee - they really have a little of everything. Sometimes staff seems unable to keep up with items that run out, but it was never a wildly long wait, except one day when they ran out of water, and it was never refilled the entire time I was eating. One morning I unknowingly grabbed a coffee cup with a small chip on the rim. This didn’t bother me in the slightest, but I had two separate staff members come up and ask to replace it, which means two separate strangers touched the cup I was drinking out of. Gross. It takes a person maybe 10 minutes to eat a meal, I don’t see why they couldn’t just wait until I was done, and snag that cup to set it aside, but rather had to interrupt my meal. Less focus on chipped cups, more focus on keeping food stocked. They also seemed to be testing out different methods for tracking who was at breakfast. Personally, I would suggest having folks check in at the restaurant desk with their room number, and letting them eat the rest of their meal in peace. Also, I ate breakfast here 7 times and none of the staff ever seemed to recognize me, so I got breakfast instructions multiple times. Tiny bit of facial recognition goes a long way.

The restaurant: I ate one meal here. My server was professional but not friendly. Food menu seems very creative, with unique blends of flavors. Food was overall quite good, with the one exception that my salad had a chunk of watermelon in the middle , only half of which was palatable.

Location: Great spot if you want to walk to the hop-on hop-off bus. Also close to Multicentro and Hard Rock Cafe if it’s rainy all day.

A lot of these items are small complaints, but if you are going to be a five star hotel and charge high prices for your guests, the experience needs to be flawless.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank 5Bx7U
CarlosDi11, Gerencia General at Hotel Las Americas Golden Tower Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear Jen H,

We would like to give you thanks for giving us feedback on your recent stay with us.

We apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced, we have shared them with our management staff to make sure this is corrected inmediately and moving forward taking in consideration our guests satisfaction.

We hope to see you soon !

Regards

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The room was nice! Very comfy bed and spacious. But the breakfast was awful! Nobody was cleaning the buffet area, so nuts and cereals were all over the place. Veryyyy few choices of food. Was really sad. Anyways the most disappointing part for me was the gym and spa... gym area is so tiny that I felt uncomfortable to stay and train. The hotel offers one small indoor pool and sauna room(s). I only went inside the spa area and left. Overall The hotel is not bad if you are on a business trip (and have no time to relax) but not more. I personally won't come back unfortunately.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Liudmyla555
CarlosDi11, Gerencia General at Hotel Las Americas Golden Tower Panama, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear Liudmyla555,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your comments.

I apologize you did not have a good time. We are working to improve based on your feedback.

I hope you can give us a second chance, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Sincerely