“Clean, Safe, Nice Front Desk Staff”

Panama House Bed & Breakfast
Florida
“Clean, Safe, Nice Front Desk Staff”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The neighborhood can be a little loud, especially the preaching early in the morning for a nearby "church". We stayed in the private room with bath, was clean but very small. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The American breakfast was adequate but nothing more. The fruit drink was watered down kool aid. The first morning the "cook" rolled slices of packaged ham onto a tray with her bare fingers. When she brought the water mellon tray out, she was eating a slice with her other hand. Not appetizing at all.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 31 March 2014

It's a beautiful hotel and the staff are very friendly. However, it was so noisy that we could barely sleep. Our room was right by the first-floor courtyard, and the staff blasted music in the courtyard very late at night. It was basically in our room. After trying to sleep for hours, I finally went out at midnight to try to find a staff member to turn it down. I could not find any staff, but a fellow guest helped me find the stereo and turn it down. Although this place looks like a B&B and certainly has B&B prices, it's really a hostel. Guests are up at all hours making loud noise and smoking (right outside our room), and the staff thinks it is appropriate to blast music late into the night.

If you decide to stay here, be sure to print out several different maps and the phone number. Our cab driver had a very difficult time finding it. However, once you find it, it's a good location -- close to lots of restaurants and bars on Via Argentina and easy to get cabs and buses.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveller555770
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights in a double room with shared bathroom. The room was clean but spartan, beige walls with no decorations which was fine since we spent little time in the room. The back yard is lovely. Via Argentina is a short walk away with many restaurants. Staff was nice enough, did not talk to us a lot about our stay I the city, perhaps due to language barrier.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank buffalogreen
Canada
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this bed and breakfast for two nights. The staff were great . Especially young lady called Alva. They helped us plan our trip to San Blas and were very helpful by keeping all our luggage . Would recommend staying there...
When we will be back in Panama we will go there for sure.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Rooms and hostel: We had a private double with a shared bathroom. The room was small and plain, but it was a very comfortable size and it was very clean. The mattress was not a spring mattress, maybe foam (?), but was also comfortable. The air conditioning worked like a dream. The shared bathroom (w/ hot shower) was also kept very clean and was basically a private bathroom while you were using it.

The rest of the hostel's common areas were also very nice. Free wi-fi, or two computers that you can use for the internet, a TV room with a comfy couch, a morning/afternoon restaurant right out front, a beautiful outdoor patio area where they serve breakfast and you can sit and hang out. I didn't use the kitchen or laundry facilities, so I won't comment on them.

My only complaint is the location. It is not in a busy area with many attractions, so if I wanted to do any tourist things I would need to take a taxi or bus. But the neighborhood was not too bad and I could walk to neighborhood restaurants and stores easily.

Service: The service was great. I arrived in the early morning (at 9am), well before check-in (3pm). They let me wait in the TV room, gave me wifi, and found me an english channel with sitcoms to watch while I wait for the room to be prepared. It turned out that the room I wanted (private double w/ private bath) would not be ready until regular check-in time, but offered another room for me that was ready. The room they offered was great for my needs (see above) and cheaper.

There was only one employee that I spoke with who was fluent in English, but the other staff knew some other guests they could talk with who could translate so it did not impair any of our business together. There was bottled water to purchase from the front desk, and they called all the taxis that I needed, including return trips.

Overall, if you are looking for hostel-level lodging, this place is an excellent fit. Clean, comfortable, affordable, decent neighborhood (seems pretty safe), friendly. I would recommend to others and stay here my next time around.

Room Tip: The private room with shared bathrooms are basically just like having a private bathroom except that...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank justingla
Barcelona
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Great place to stay and a wonderful experience over all. I had an 18 hour layover in Panama City and didn't want to stay at the airport so I found this place online. They wrote our directions for me to give to the taxi and helped point me in the direction of an excellent diner. Breakfast the next day was delicious and they kindly called me a taxi when it was time to go. Stayed in room 14 - very clean and the A/C unit worked beautifully.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 30 September 2013

well we (me and my girlfriend) got to panama house b&b aftter couple of friends recommend us that this is a nice and peaceful place to stay, at the moment you get there you know its agreat place the owner is so nice all the time ! and she is trying to help it any way she can, we stayed the first night at the only private room that was available that was a bit small but the bed was great, the AC was great, and the shower and bathroom as well + we had a nice tv in our room, we asked from the owner to move to a diffrent room because that room was with a shared wall with the great social area, and the the day aftter she moved us to aroom witch is located at the garden speared from the other rooms witch was really private and good for our needs.
besides that the kitchen is really good you can cook whatever you want youll find evreything you need in it, they got a huge fridge that you can leave your stuff.
the social area looks like home living room and have in it i think one of the most comfterble sofas and a great tv with cables, plus you got two computers that you can use them free and they got great internet.
this B&B have also beautiful garden that you can cheel in it and just tallk with great people, or just read a book :)
aftter 3 nights we left to bocas del toro and we didnt want to carry all of our stuff because 7 days later we had a flight from panama city..
so we asked from the lovley owner if we can keep our stuff there even if we not gonna stay there when we will return to panama city, and she was so helpful and really nice !
i would love to go back there and the great atmosphere this place has to offer!
if you go to panama city and you want a neat place who has great hospitality this is the one !

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple