“Returning to a favorite place”
Review of The Caldwell House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abbeville
The Caldwell House
Ranked #1 of 2 Abbeville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This was our second visit to the Caldwell but a first for my sister-in-law. We were in Louisiana to celebrate a 60th birthday and could not resist spending a night at this wonderful B&B. We were warmly greeted by Miss Carolyn and made to feel right at home. We were the only guests that evening and with the place to ourselves we settled right in enjoying drinks on the beautiful porch with the fans casting a gentle breeze. We're from Canada so delighted in the very warm temperatures and since we were on vacation enjoyed slowing down to enjoy our surroundings. We were close enough to walk downtown to Dupuy's for an excellent dinner and strolled back to the Caldwell just as the sun was setting. The next morning we woke the wonderful smells coming from the kitchen and a scrumptious breakfast prepared by Miss Tammy. We highly recommend this charming and warm B&B where you can just sit back and enjoy.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MikeDonna1977

Reviewed 20 April 2012

My family & I were amazed by the Caldwell House! It's a beautiful home surrounded by beautiful gardens ~ a great place for a peaceful, relaxing getaway!! The hospitality was excellent! The breakfast was delicious esp the pecan praline French toast!!! The bedrooms are all beautiful, the Evangeline Master Suite being my favorite! :) Can't wait to go back!!! Thanks Carolyn & The Caldwell House crew for such an amazing experience! :)

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank lorettagrl
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My husband and I reserved a room at The Caldwell House for a long weekend getaway. The grounds were picturesque and the accomodations exceeded our expectations. The house was amazing, rich with architecture and history. And the staff went above and beyond to create a warm, and hospitable stay. The customer service was most noteworthy. Although we were in Abbeville visiting friends, we have already talked about returning to Abbeville solely for the opportunity to stay at The Caldwell House again. I would recommend this B&B to a couple looking for a getaway or a family. It was wonderful!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aubrey F
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The only reason I gave 5 stars to The Caldwell is because they don't have 6 stars! We were in Abbeville for some weekend birthday activities hosted here & from the time we checked in on Friday until we left on Sunday, the experience at The Caldwell was nothing short of amazing! Party accommodations for 80-125 people on a Sat eve? Not a problem, the accommodations for outside catering & musicians ran smooth as silk! The covered & protected atrium outside handled the main stage perfectly when the evening turned a little "blustery". The rest of the time (Fri, Sat morn & Sun) we were able to enjoy "The Caldwell Experience". If you are a morning person, the east side of the grounds has a sitting area to "wake up" in & enjoy your morning coffee as you prepare for one of the best breakfast dining pleasures you will ever have. I don't know what YOU will have in the mornings, but based on our experiences, you will be more than pleased!! With the wrap around front & side porch and the beautiful grounds, any time of the day is perfect for relaxation. Mae, Carolyn and all of the staff are superb & you instantly feel like part of the family! A BIG Thank You to The Caldwell and all the staff for one of the best "get away" weekends we have ever had! We will be back! Preston & Marsha

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2011

What can be said about The Caldwell House that has not been said before? In reading past reviews, I knew that this place & particularly the people who make it all work, were special. I had been anticipating my stay there for several months as I was planning to attend my 30th high school reunion in the last week of October. However, my expectations were surpassed from the first moment I was welcomed into the Caldwell. Mae, Carolyn & Gretchen are overflowing with southern hospitality and charm. I fell in love with them instantly!

Even more important than the physical property, accommodations or amenities (more about that later), I found the atmosphere and hospitality to be soothing and rejuvenating all at once! How you "felt" in a place, in my opinion, is what you take with you long after your departure. Quite frankly, the Caldwell has it all!

The breakfast was to die for, do you hear!!! Each morning I thought, "It can't GET better than this", and the next morning, I was proven wrong. Delicious, expertly presented, delicious, visually appealing, delicious, lovingly prepared & served and did I mention DELICIOUS???
My room was a perfect blend of modern luxuries and old world charm. The enveloping cloud of a bed that I slept on.....I promise you, if I had not planned so many activities that weekend, I would have rarely left it. The rest of the home is exquisitely designed & decorated with warm earthy undertones showcased with luxurious furnishings and memorable artwork, all of which create a comfortable elegance that permeates the entire property.
The grounds were lush and inviting with soothing water features, inspiring stonework and citrus trees dripping with fruit. I enjoyed coffee with old friends on the wrap around porch one afternoon & I was transported back in time, when "visiting" was an anticipated event instead of something you squeezed in between the "important stuff". Thoroughly enjoyable!

Thanks to Mark & Darlene Frederick (owners of The Caldwell) who hosted our class for an after-party. The venue and execution were perfection. What a wonderful environment for relaxing with old friends, re-living old memories and making new ones. The evening could not have been more spectacular.

I could go on, but I'll leave room for the next lucky person who stays there.
Bottom line: BRAVO Caldwell House and Merci!!!

Mitzi Romanelli
Colorado Springs, Colorado

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Me and my wife wanted a nice get away n this was the perfect spot. The room was cozy with the fireplace and the bed was soft. The staff was very nice Carolyn and Gretchen and the breakfast was AWESOME!!!

THANKS,
Goree and Gretchen

Room Tip: All Rooms were nice Masters downstairs has a WHIRLPOOL