“Great Place, Comfortable Beds and nice people”
Review of The Caldwell House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abbeville
The Caldwell House
Ranked #1 of 2 Abbeville B&B and Inns
Neosho
“Great Place, Comfortable Beds and nice people”
Reviewed 4 May 2009

My husband and I enjoyed our stay. The beds are super comfortable, food was good and the welcome great.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Atlanta
Reviewed 23 March 2009

My wife and I held our wedding reception at the Caldwell, and our expectations were far exceeded! All of my wife's wants and needs as the bride-to-be were met, even surpassed. Mae Mayeux, the manager and event consultant, worked tremendously hard to make our special day everything that we wished it to be, and more. We found her to be incredibly helpful and accommodating. She was a very competent and efficient coordinator for a group of over 200 guests from 13 different states! The staff was very professional and inviting. The wait staff was wonderful, and made certain that our guests enjoyed themselves almost as much as we did. They treated every guest as if they were part of the wedding party. The bar service was spectacular. Dana Noel did an amazing job taking candid wedding shots and organizing our photo guest book.

The grounds were spectacularly manicured, and the decor was timeless. The backyard was tented so that our guests were not affected by the spring rain in Louisiana. The honeymoon suite was beautifully decorated, and prepared impeccably for our relaxation and enjoyment. If you are looking for a location for a special event in Abbeville, we highly recommend The Caldwell.

• Stayed March 2009
1 Thank HappyHubbyAtl
New York, NY
Reviewed 20 March 2009

At The Caldwell House, your every need is attended to with comfort and ease by Mae and her competent staff. This is truly a gentle gem in Cajun Louisiana. There is personalized service in a grand old home that has been renovated to a beautiful B&B with a seasonal garden. Ideal for family reunions, weddings and intimate get aways. It is elegent, yet warm with delicious breakfasts! It is worth the trip to Abbeville just to stay at The Caldwell! I look forward to an excuse to return to Louisiana and The Caldwell.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 18 March 2009

There aren't enough kind word to describe The Caldwell and the manager, Mae. The house is lovely, and the rooms are spacious, beautifuly decorated, and immaculate. Mae was most welcoming, and made us feel right at home. I stayed with an infant, and although The Caldwell is not set up for infants, Mae was very helpful and willing to work with us. Our stay could not have been better. Stellar experience all around.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
louisiana
Reviewed 17 March 2009

MS. MAE
I cannot begin to thank you for the beautiful day we spent at the Caldwell House in the
Bridal Suite for my daughters wedding day..Everything was wonderful the snack tray
the mimosa. I haven't seen the pictures yet but i cannot wait.My daughter and her
bridal party were very pleased with everything. A very comfortable setting where all the
brides-maids , mothers of the bride and groom could all get dressed and ready for the
wedding..You took care of everything from e-mailing me to ensure that day would be very
special...AND IT WAS......THANK YOU

• Stayed February 2009
Glenwood Springs, CO
Reviewed 16 March 2009

The house served us well for our Wedding Rehearsal Dinner. Mae took care of all the details and made our event special. Having to make these arrangements long distance (Colorado), I want to assure you Mae is excellent and The Caldwell House is spectacular. Our kids also spent the night in the honeymoon suite. What a beautiful and memorable place.

• Stayed March 2009
Louisiana
Reviewed 2 March 2009

This is my first stay at The Caldwell, but it will not be my last. Mae greeted me at the door and made my stay very comfortable. Guests are given easy and safe access to the house. Rooms are spacious, amenities are plentiful, and hospitality is great! I will definitely stay again and will recommend this Bed and Breakfast to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abbeville
Best Western Abbeville Inn & Suites
The Ducote-Williams House
The Ducote-Williams House
#2 of 2 in Abbeville
Louisiana Cajun Mansion Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Caldwell House? Share your experiences!