“The Caldwell House - A feast for the eyes and imagination!”
Review of The Caldwell House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abbeville
The Caldwell House
Ranked #1 of 2 Abbeville B&B and Inns
Colorado Springs, CO
“The Caldwell House - A feast for the eyes and imagination!”
Reviewed 20 December 2009

I was lucky enough to get an extensive tour of the Caldwell house while home visiting family recently. Although I have not stayed there.......YET, I do have a few first impressions I'd like to share. I have been in the hospitality business for over 15 years.....everything from 5 star hotels to 10 room B&B's and I have to say that when I stepped into the Caldwell House, my heart quickened. Everything was intoxicating!!! From the vibrant colors to the exquisite furnishings, to the polished hardwood floors, to the largest lemons I have ever seen in my life growing outside!

Oh my, where do I start?? I only wish that I could have met the staff that makes it all possible. The rooms were a vision....amenities lovingly laid out (that even I had never thought of & I've been an Innkeeper for a long time). Nothing was left to chance, it seemed as though they anticipated your every need & satisfied it before you had a chance to ask.
I did not rate the service because I was not able to stay there, but have rated all else that I experienced.

The grounds were immaculately kept and there was such an interesting variety of local plants, trees and flowers there. Again.....a feast for the eyes!! It made me wish I were a young bride getting married among all the beauty that lies there. Did I mention the lemons??? Out of this world, beautiful, hanging on that tree, ripe & begging to be picked.

Now that I think of it...........that's a great analogy for my visit there. Everything about that place was inviting & bountiful....begging to be enjoyed by anyone lucky enough to find it.

My only regret was that I did not have time to stay there... this time. I will make it a point to go back & fully bathe myself in all that is The Caldwell!!

I would highly recommend it to anyone going anywhere NEAR Abbeville, La .
It will take your breath away!!!

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank LizzyB46

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York
Reviewed 22 November 2009

The two nights at The Caldwell was the highlight of my trip to Abbeville. The accomodations, the service, the ambiance were something I will always remember. The Caldwell is a must stay for anyone visiting Abbeville. Mae the Manager is the best.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Louisiana
Reviewed 18 November 2009

This magnificent B&B is very comfortable and service oriented (they let us pick satsumas and Meyer lemons from their trees). Our room was large, well appointed and not cluttered.
The breakfast was extraordinarily good and even featured sugar-free preserves (hard to find at run-of-the-mill places).

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Stanford, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 October 2009

Nestled in the heart of an enchanting little town, this B&B manages to combine unparalleled luxury with good, old fashioned Southern charm to create the ideal experience. We arrived after dark and were immediately transported by a fairy-tale atmosphere of lush landscaping, twinkling lights, gas lanterns and elegant statuary. The Caldwell has been lovingly maintained with many original details and features, such as elaborate pressed tin ceilings, light fixtures and hardwood flooring. The interior is magnificently appointed with cozy nooks and seating throughout, making one feel completely at home to relax and soak in the airy and inviting atmosphere. All of the rooms are tastefully decorated with an artful mix of antiquity and modern, the result of which is pure luxury and comfort. Every traveler's needs have been considered with bountiful amenities and unique touches. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and attentive and each breakfast was a creative culinary delight incorporating locally produced ingredients - many of which I just had to purchase to bring home and use in my own kitchen. The surrounding town of Abbeville is ideal for a leisurely walk and offers a superb selection of enticing shops, boutiques and restaurants. Whether it is having breakfast in the graceful dining room, relaxing on the grand veranda with a cup of coffee, strolling the delightful gardens or sleeping in the most comfortable of beds - from start to finish The Caldwell House offers a memorable and captivating experience.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Louisiana
Reviewed 1 October 2009

House is beautiful, rooms are spacious and very clean. Mae is a wonderful hostess and has spoiled us twice now. Coffee on the porch in the morning and wine on the porch in the evening, very peaceful.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Pineville, Louisiana
Reviewed 15 September 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Caldwell for our 10th Anniversary. The house is very beautiful and comfortable. Mae and Carolyn were absolutely wonderful Hostesses. Mae spent a lot of time sharing history of the house and the Abbeville area, very enthusiastically. The home is situated in the middle of town with quiet gardens to sit in. The upstairs balcony is a wonderful place to enjoy the early morning sounds while drinking a fresh brewed cup of coffee. The Breakfast's were WONDERFUL! Awesome Pecan Praline French Toast!! The rooms are very roomy and comfortable. I called ahead and had extras sitting in the room for our arrival to surprise my wife...also perfect. These ladies know how to take care of people and make them feel like family. We will be staying here again. The rooms are priced about the same as some of the name brand hotels. Thank you ladies for such a wonderful stay and the recipes.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Mandeville, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 August 2009

We stayed a The Caldwell House due to a wedding we were attending...it was just for one night much to our regret....we would of liked to have stayed longer! We plan on going back to The Caldwell House...even it it's for a weekend getaway! The house was beautiful..loved our room"The Morning Glory Room". Mae the manager of the house was such a great hostess! She made us feel right at home! Her breakfast she prepared for us was simply divine! The owners of The Caldwell are lucky to have her to run and manage their place..She is doing a fabulous job!
The Gaspards from Mandeville, LA, Sheryl and Gerald

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abbeville
Best Western Abbeville Inn & Suites
Bois Des Chenes Bed and Breakfast
Sunbelt Lodge
Sunbelt Lodge
#4 of 6 in Abbeville

Been to The Caldwell House? Share your experiences!