“"It doesn't get any better than this!"”
Review of The Caldwell House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abbeville
The Caldwell House
Ranked #1 of 2 Abbeville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 February 2010

My sister from Texas, aunt from New Orleans, and myself from Florida met each other here to visit relatives in the area. Carolyn, the hostess, made us feel more at home than actually staying with our own kin. If traveling in the Abbeville area, you will not want to stay anywhere else - we look forward to staying here again on return visits. NO B&B COULD BE MORE BEAUTIFULLY DECORATED!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ScarlettSarasota
There are newer reviews for The Caldwell House

Reviewed 9 February 2010

The Caldwell House was very welcoming and was absolutely beautiful. I rented the bridal dressing room for me and my bridal party to use before my wedding. The staff were very polite and checked on us often to make sure we were not missing anything. I could not have asked for anything better! I was so excited to spend time with my family and friends while getting ready for my special event. I would definitely recommend the Caldwell House to others!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank jillybean1782
Reviewed 4 February 2010

I was in town for a four day trial at the Abbeville Courthouse. The Caldwell is the perfect location, less than two blocks from the courthouse. The Caldwell provided us with more than any hotel: a quiet place to work, spacious and comfortable rooms, home made breakfast that would rival any gourmet meal prepared by the best restaurants, and a warm, welcoming, hospitable, friendly staff. Mae the manager, and her co-worker Carolyn went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. When we arrived back from court late one night, Carolyn had baked us the best home made brownies. She thought we may need a snack after such a long day. Now what hotel would do that for you? Attorneys will find this to be the ideal place to hang their hat while in town...it provided us a much needed respite. The check out consisted of a big good-bye hug from Mae. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank RCOB
Reviewed 22 January 2010

We had a great experience at The Caldwell. I grew up in Abbeville. I'm so happy there is such a great place to stay now. The entire house was immaculate and welcoming. Mae was so nice and accomodating. The grounds were lovely, even in December. The breakfast was AMAZING!! I cannot wait to visit there again!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kajngrl
Reviewed 20 December 2009

I was lucky enough to get an extensive tour of the Caldwell house while home visiting family recently. Although I have not stayed there.......YET, I do have a few first impressions I'd like to share. I have been in the hospitality business for over 15 years.....everything from 5 star hotels to 10 room B&B's and I have to say that when I stepped into the Caldwell House, my heart quickened. Everything was intoxicating!!! From the vibrant colors to the exquisite furnishings, to the polished hardwood floors, to the largest lemons I have ever seen in my life growing outside!

Oh my, where do I start?? I only wish that I could have met the staff that makes it all possible. The rooms were a vision....amenities lovingly laid out (that even I had never thought of & I've been an Innkeeper for a long time). Nothing was left to chance, it seemed as though they anticipated your every need & satisfied it before you had a chance to ask.
I did not rate the service because I was not able to stay there, but have rated all else that I experienced.

The grounds were immaculately kept and there was such an interesting variety of local plants, trees and flowers there. Again.....a feast for the eyes!! It made me wish I were a young bride getting married among all the beauty that lies there. Did I mention the lemons??? Out of this world, beautiful, hanging on that tree, ripe & begging to be picked.

Now that I think of it...........that's a great analogy for my visit there. Everything about that place was inviting & bountiful....begging to be enjoyed by anyone lucky enough to find it.

My only regret was that I did not have time to stay there... this time. I will make it a point to go back & fully bathe myself in all that is The Caldwell!!

I would highly recommend it to anyone going anywhere NEAR Abbeville, La .
It will take your breath away!!!

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank LizzyB46
Reviewed 22 November 2009

The two nights at The Caldwell was the highlight of my trip to Abbeville. The accomodations, the service, the ambiance were something I will always remember. The Caldwell is a must stay for anyone visiting Abbeville. Mae the Manager is the best.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2009

This magnificent B&B is very comfortable and service oriented (they let us pick satsumas and Meyer lemons from their trees). Our room was large, well appointed and not cluttered.
The breakfast was extraordinarily good and even featured sugar-free preserves (hard to find at run-of-the-mill places).

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abbeville
Best Western Abbeville Inn & Suites
Bois Des Chenes Bed and Breakfast
T'Frere's Bed & Breakfast
T'Frere's Bed & Breakfast
#2 of 3 in Lafayette

Been to The Caldwell House? Share your experiences!