“Welcoming”
Review of The Caldwell House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Abbeville
The Caldwell House
Ranked #1 of 2 Abbeville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Let me say that I have stayed in many hotels and B&B and this is the best. Mae and Carolyn treat you like family. Would come back again and again. When Mae recommends the crab cakes at Dupuy's beleive her, they are for real, excellent!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank busymanforever

Reviewed 4 July 2010

The Caldwell is a perfect example of Louisiana's southern hospitality. We were greeted as we stepped out the car and felt at home our entire visit. The home is beautiful, the food was great, and our experience is memorable. I couldn't have found a better place for my husband and I to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jacob40
Reviewed 9 June 2010

An absolute gem of an inn. The home is a beautiful example of the grand plantation homes of the Old South. The rooms are large, well appointed without being overdone and crowded. As a reception site for an event, excellent setup and care. The details such as the beverage board upstairs makes one feel very wanted and spoiled. A secret to be shared with only your best friends.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phillips_email
Reviewed 29 April 2010

The Caldwell House is beautiful, and well maintained. The rooms are spotless, and not overly decorated. The night I stayed, a Sunday, I was the only guest after a busy weekend. Carolyn was so friendly and made me feel like family. Now, not only do I have a favorite spot to stay in La, but I have a couple of new friends! I highly recommend this B&B!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank hawgwild2361
Reviewed 24 April 2010

This was my second visit to The Caldwell and I was very satisfied with everything about our stay. I was with my husband, daughter, son-in law,granddaughter and close family friends. We all had an enjoyable stay and would definetly recommend this fabulous B&B to everyone. Carolyn was so friendly and fantastic we felt we were her friends. We had the same experience with Mae 2 years ago. Great food and company with the right amount of privacy to do your own thing. I loved it.

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank geormasters
Reviewed 23 April 2010

This is a full cultural and classy experience! The hotel is gorgeous, antique charm throughout with very comfortable and oversized rooms. I can't name a thing that was missing. You felt like you stepped back in time to the days of true Southern charm and glory. I highly encourage the Garden Room because it has the most comfy bed though every room is its own paradise! The breakfast in the morning is delicious and makes you feel like royalty. Not to mention that the staff was nothing short of wonderful and made you feel like you were family. It really was a Southern Louisiana experience. I can't wait to go back for any and every event that is anywhere near this place.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank violet1321
Reviewed 21 March 2010

Our group of family and friends filled the house. It didn't matter that we had special requests for arrival and departure or that we wanted to bring some of our own refreshments -- the staff was more than accommodating, gracious, warm and welcoming. The rooms were charmingly appointed, clean and comfortable. It did get rather warm during the night, but another family got up and adjusted the temperature. Breakfast was lovely and we wished we could have stayed another night.

• Stayed: February 2010