“Kali-death destruction and chaos”

Best Western Abbeville Inn & Suites
Best Western Abbeville Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Abbeville
Charlotte, North Carolina, Usa
“Kali-death destruction and chaos”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I'm not sure where to begin, check in was great the woman seemed to be in distress but that didn't interfere with her customer service. Later she was unable to change a 100 dollar bill which I found unusual. The room was nice at first glance, but I noticed a water spot on the drywall by the air conditioner. It has mold on it. My entire family now have sinus infections due to mold spores. The A/C unit dripped water, the floor is soaked around the unit, can't even imagine what grows there. My comforter had burn marks I took it back but the quality control here is deplorable. While going downstairs to change my blanket for an unburned one I was crowded by two men who had an open beer with him, he and his friend were very drunk, I was terribly uncomfortable. Returning to my room I found that my safety lock doesn't work. The door has settled and is off kilter not allowing the lock to meet the whole made for it. This made me nervous because the drunk men are on my floor. I called down to the front desk and I got their voicemail, they did not return my call. My friends who recommended this place said it was built only a year ago, seems like it was either built poorly or maintaining this investment is not a priority of the management. Sleep wasn't possible between the constant drip of the AC unit, car alarms, and drunks on my floor I fear I did not get the sleep I so desperately needed and thought I would get here. The next morning I was informed that the managers were not available and wouldn't be available until Wednesday, my stay was Friday-Sunday. They switched me rooms but that door didn't lock either. I checked out on Saturday. I never talked to the manager but he finally authorized my refund on Thursday. It was a nightmare check your room thoroughly and if it isn't good leave within an hour of checkin or you'll have to call corporate and file many complaints and the refund will take several weeks. I couldn't go to another hotel for this very reason.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Barb828_318
Kay P, General Manager at Best Western Abbeville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I am sorry your experience was not a positive one, the statue in lobby that you had problem with is not Kali, it is shiva. :) nothing about death destruction
you had problem with other guest with open beer bottles in elevators, Unfortunately, we have no control over it. it is not illegal and we can't stop our guest from drinking beers.
we did put the room out of order and will inspect and take neccesary step to resolve all the problems.
sorry once again and thank your for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to reclaim your trust the next time you are in Abbeville.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
100 Mile House, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2013

A good place to stay for night when touring the area south of La Fayette. Hotel is clean and quiet. rooms are comfortable although as some others have mentioned in their reviews the beds are HIGH. Don't fall off. Breakfast is very good.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Kay P, Manager at Best Western Abbeville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thank you for posting a review for us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to your next visit with us!
Abbeville, LA
Reviewed 17 January 2013

This hotel is VERY CLEAN! The people that manage the hotel are very nice and professional. We had to stay at this hotel bc last summer my AC went out at the house over the July 4th holiday. My bed at home is high so I didn't think the beds were too high but I can certainly see where others who are used to lower beds would complain. I would think they could ask for a step stool at the front desk.
The pool is always very clean too. The kids enjoyed getting out of the room and being able to PLAY!
I will certainly recommend this hotel when family and friends come from out-of-town.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 123forme
Thank you for your positive feedback and kind words! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit!
Cibolo, Texas, USA
Reviewed 26 December 2012

The staff was great, the room was clean & nice, but small, the breakfast very good-
BUT, as long they have the horribly high beds we will NOT be staying with them again!
We had to buy a step stool for my 90 year old mother-in-law to climb in bed! And I am in a wheelchair! Made reservations months in advance for a handicàp room for three adults, which was not available when we arrived! When I complained the next day, was shown a handicap room with one high bed which had become available! One bed for three people.
Really disappointed that this place did not have a room available to the handicapped that had normal beds. Sad!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 9 August 2012

If you remember, I wrote a review on June 8th about the Best Western Chateau Louisianne Suite Hotel in BATON ROUGE. Unlike the hotel in Baton Rouge, I was not asked for my drivers license. This made me really think the girl in the Baton Rouge hotel may have been trying to steal my identity .... hmmm. At the Best Western in Abbeville, I was asked for my credit card, signed a agreement and on my way to my room!

The hotel is nice, clean and well decorated. The room has a comfortable bed, frig and microwave in addition to enough plugs for your electronics such as laptops, cell phone, etc. The staff was very friendly and professional. I would recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank PlaneFlyGirl
Denham Springs, Louisiana
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This hotel is very new and very nice. The Staff was friendly and helpful with directions to getting around the town. The room was spacious and the queen beds were very comfortable. Most important to us is that the hotel was very clean. We will stay at the hotel again when we are in Abbeville visiting friend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This is our third stay at this Best Western and my husband and I are very pleased that it is still a great place to stay when we visit family. Until we found this hotel we had to go to another area to find one that we would consider. The rooms are clean and very nice. I strongly reccomend this Best Western to anyone visiting Abbeville.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Maggie C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abbeville
Motel 6 Abbeville
Best Western Lafayette Inn
Best Western Lafayette Inn
#15 of 50 in Lafayette
Best Western Plus Vermilion River Suites Hotel

Been to Best Western Abbeville Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!