“OK hotel, indifferent staff”

Best Western Abbeville Inn & Suites
Best Western Abbeville Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Abbeville
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The hotel was fine, breakfast was as usual. Have not seen a single smile by the staff, and had to ask the person looking after the breakfast room to stop shouting into his cell phone while resupplying the buffet. Oh and by the way, being a pilot, I love airplane noise... of which there is a fair amount, mostly helicopters.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Kay P, General Manager at Best Western Abbeville Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us and I am very sorry that your expectations were not met because our goal is to exceed your expectations. I will review your concerns and address them appropriately.
We look forward to you giving us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I called up the Best Western and they were very helpful in accomidating us for our stay. It was at the last minute due to a death in the family and also was able to give us a competative rate. My son had a nose bleed the next morning and they went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. We have stayed here in the past and we will use this facility in the future as well. Breakfast was very good and had a variety as well. Grounds were nice and clean.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for those wonderful comments. The main goal of our team is to provide each and every guest an experience such as yours. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is a beautiful looking hotel nestled perpendicularly between a small airport, regularly used by propeller planes and a major thoroughfare. If you, truly, enjoy the sound of plane engines and the sound of cars, buses, diesels, motorcycles, etc., then you're gonna love this place. There is no, "literally", ("none"), sound insulation in the walls. You'll be able to hear dogs pant and squeaky bicycle chains, from the third floor; if you're into that sort of thing. The lobby, hallways, room décor, are all done to a very worthy Best Western style. Then, there is the noise from the room next to you. Some people like to listen to "EVERYTHING" their neighbors are doing. If this is you, you will hate yourself if you don't stop here for a night. My neighbors weren't overly loud. Yet, I heard their voices and tv through the walls so well that I turned everything else off. The noise became a conglomerate of fusing competition, or argument, depending how you view things. It was the constant thudding and banging of drawers and doors that kept me from being able to relax. Again, my neighbors weren't unruly. There is just, literally, no sound insulation in any of these rooms' walls. I found an hour, or two, of peaceful slumber at a time, once I put ear-plugs in each ear aaaand, my construction-grade hearing protectors on my head over then. In the morning, And, if a cold shower in the morning is how you like to spend your day then this, truly, is the place for you. I prefer warm water, at least so I had to wait two hours; as it is a race to see who gets it first. I read all the reviews that said this was a quiet and peaceful place. I'm not sure if that was the owner, or boomers who can turn off a hearing device, or what, but this is the 1st Best Western where I am leaving more tired than when I checked in. I have to give it an average rating because it looks so pretty and is kept clean. So, if pretty and clean is enough to help you when the noise never ends; from every direction, you should be able to like your stay here. After, all, it is only a hundred dollars plus tax for the experience. Most people make that in an hour or two on their worst days; right? What a value! (:

Room Tip: I was on the top floor. I switched from one side and end to another. So I saw what it is like on, wh...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

We are very sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected.
It is our main goal to provide
exceptional service to each and every guest so that you will make
us your home away from home. We will work very hard to earn your
trust so that you will stay with us in the future.
Again, we truly apologize.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

room were nice beds a little high but all was beautiful once you got in it was like being on a cloud walls between rooms where a little thin we either hear people or the tv on the wall but no big deal we sleeped very well

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kay P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Abbeville Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

The service, location and the food was very good; however, if you need to get a good night sleep don't count on it. The walls and floors are very thin. I paid extra for a suite and the room noise was unacceptable. I could hear the front sliding door open and close even with ear plugs.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.
We 're sorry for the noise level but it's probably due to the
room being located next to an exit door where there is more
movement. We can place you on a higher floor on your next visit.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I loved my stay at this Best Western the room was very clean, the staff was very helpful, and they had a wonderful cont. breakfast buffet. All and All I would highly recomend this Best Western to all my friends!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for those kind comments.
It is our goal for you to have a pleasant experience.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The room was clean and spacious. Sean, on the desk, was great. He checked us in immediately, noting that they had honored our request for a room close to an elevator. When I asked directions to specific place, he printed out a map and directions. We will definitely stay here whenever we are visiting the Abbeville/Lafayette area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Your great comments made our day.
The feedback help us to provide the customer service needed to keep you coming back.
We will continue to work hard and keep you as our guest.
Thank you very much.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Abbeville
Sunbelt Lodge
#2 of 2 in Abbeville
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#5 of 6 in Abbeville

Been to Best Western Abbeville Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!