“Wonderful, Local Cajun Food.”

Richard's Seafood Patio
Ranked #11 of 53 Restaurants in Abbeville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Our hotel recommended this restaurant to us and we are SO glad they did! We would have never found it on our own. It is somewhat off the beaten path, but worth finding. We stopped here for dinner the first night of our vacation and were extremely pleased with everything we tried. We started off with their Appetizer Sampler for $9.95 (2 crab balls, 2 boudin balls, 2 fried shrimp 2 bacon wrapped shrimp & 1 crawfish roll up) YUMMMM! Then catfish nuggets $5.95, fried alligator $8.95, 36 drunk shrimp (boiled in budweiser) 15.95, and 2 soft shell crab w/ etouffee $21.95 Dinner was worth every penny and MORE than enough and then some for our family of 5.

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

You must try the seafood gumbo, the best hands down!! Fried shrimp are great and the boiled crabs are full and the catfish court bouillon is good too.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Being the fattie/foodie that I am, any request to go out to eat is always accepted! lmao... So, when my sister asked me if I wanted to go to Abbeville to have dinner I was ready! I am not very familiar with the Abbevile area so I was a bit curious and a tad apprehensive about what the food would taste like. We arrived at a restaurant that neither of us had been to before and were told that it would be a 30 minute wait. We sat patiently and then I hear my sister on the phone asking "How much is your buffet? Whats on it? Do you have gumbo?" then she said you wanna go down the street? So, me and my grumbling stomach said "hell yeah!" We drive 2 minutes down the street and pull up to what can only be described as a "humble looking" establishment. We walked in and were immediately greeted by a lady saying "we're outta crabs!"....Confused we said "huh?"...She said "We ran outta crabs!" "Well we want the buffet" I said. Then she busted out laughing and led us to our seat. I must say that the smell of fried shrimp and fish had my mouth watering! I was hungry! While we waited for the waitress we glanced over our menu's and I noticed that the food prices were pretty reasonable for a seafood restaurant with a buffet. The children's menu was under 4 dollars for most meals and there was quite a variety. Our friendly waitress came over with a basket of crackers and butter, then asked us what we wanted to drink.I ordered a rootbeer(2.50) and my sis ordered a coke(which she later regretted). We decided to go with the buffet(18.95) and the waitress said we could help ourselves. The choices on the buffet were not as diverse as some of the other restaurants I have been to. They had onion rings,fries,seafood gumbo,chicken and sausage gumbo, white rice, crawfish etouffee, shrimp and boiled egg stew, fried frog legs,fried catfish,fried shrimp,and other things that were empty when we got there so.im not sure what they were.I also do not know if they change up what's on the buffet on different days.So we sat down and the first thing I had was the chicken and sausage gumbo. I just have to say the Gumbo alone was worth the price of the buffet!The sausage I later learned,was bought from a specialty meat market.It was the best sausage I have ever eaten in my life.If you love gumbo this is the place to go.I also ate the fried fish,which was cooked to perfection as was the fried shrimp.The taste took me back to my childhood when my parents would fry fresh fish and shrimp on the stove on the weekends after fishing in the hot Avery Island sun all day. I also had the crawfish etouffee which tasted fresh, tender and buttery from the crawfish fat and butter used to smother it down. The last dish I tried was the shrimp and egg stew, which surprisingly tasted amazing! It was seasoned perfectly. The worst thing about this meal was the fact that I was too full to try anything else. So was my sister who was angrily mumbling and cursing at the Coke that she should mot have gotten! She forgot the system to buffet eating. You drink water first then towards the end you get a soda! I totally enjoyed my meal at Richard's. My total came up to 24 dollars and some change. When I am in Abbeville I will most definitely be dining here again, and if you go there you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Excellent food and value. On a side note: the buffet is cheaper on Tuesday nights than other nights. The seafood gumbo is worth the drive there to get. Never been disappointed with quality of food.

2  Thank CFOwen
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We went to Richard's last night as a small family celebration, and to enjoy what will probably be the last crawfish of the season for us. Richard's is one of those places where you always know that your boiled seafood will be first class. They only serve select crawfish and anyone who lives within 50 miles of here can tell you about Richard's because it is always recognized as one of the top 2 or 3 places in our area.

Don't expect anything fancy when you come here. The place is much like Mr. Red had it 30+ years ago. The tradition of always delivering a great meal with a smile is something you can count on here.

Last night we added boiled shrimp to our order. I will say that if the crawfish is a 10/10 that the shrimp would be a 9.99999/10. I still say that the crawfish is better, but the shrimp is as good or better than you will get anywhere else.