“Great food and atmosphere”

Shucks The Louisiana Seafood
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Abbeville
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Fair Oaks, California
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Had a great meal and service at Shucks. Would highly recommend going there for a reasonable and outstanding meal!

• Visited August 2014

“Never a disappointment ”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We always take "out of towners" to Shucks!!!! And always ask for Marcy!!! It's always worth the wait, and Marcy is the best in the business..."Cher my baby"

Franklin, Louisiana
“HYPE!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This place was on our "gotta try" list, based on marketing and location. A few friends from Abbeville, one who used to work here, thought we would prefer a different place in town, but we felt compelled to give this place a try. We started with a broiled oyster medley. It was nothing special, and not as good as the ones we do on the grill at the camp. My wife had the large Shrimp Patty plate. She said they were greasy, non-dimensional, and needed seasoning. She had the house Cane Vinaigrette, also was "missing something". I had the Seafood Platter. It was ample in content, but flat -> disappointing in preparation. The fish was done well in a seasoned fish fry. I am particular, and having grown up in the restaurant business in Houma, have my strong opinions regarding food prep. I think oysters should be fried in straight corn meal, as a mixture of flour and corn meal results in a flat tasting, feeble splotchy mess. I believe Shrimp are best done in a simple, light, seasoned flour and water batter, which doesn't get cakey and hide the flavor of the Shrimp, or a quality Beer Batter, which enhances the shrimp. Stuffed items were unremarkable.This place disappointed, and proved me right. Next time, we'll listen to our local friends.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank theblackcrab
Conway, Arkansas
“Best Oysters ever”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

With a name like Shucks, you know oysters are on the menu. I will admit I had mine grilled, rather raw. However,they could not have been better. The shrimp and grilled catfish were wonderful, as well.

Visited August 2014
Houston, Texas
“by far the best restaurant.”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

this is the best restaurant in town, we stayed at Best Western Hotel in Abbeville and staff recommended us to must try shucks. we are glad they recommended us, because this was the best restaurant we ever ate at. best Cajun food ever. loved it. thank you shucks and thank you best western staff, yall made our trip awesome.

• Visited June 2014