“wish i would have went to McDonalds”

Bourbon Street Deli
Ranked #20 of 54 Restaurants in Abbeville
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Had breakfast this morning at the Bourbon Street Deli while visiting Abbeville, La. I'd like to preface this review by saying that I have had nothing but a wonderful stay in Abbeville and experienced wonderful food and people prior to this experience at this establishment. The service here from the young lady who was our server was horrible. She was not friendly. I had to go to the counter to get a spoon to stir my coffee and a towel to wipe our table down as it was sticky with syrup. As we waited for our breakfast I noticed how our server cleared several tables but wiped none of them. The condiments on our table were dirty and sticky. At least 5 tables around us looked the same.
Our breakfast arrived at the table. The server put it down in front of us, shrugged and said "Did I get it right?" as in did I give you the meal you ordered?
Food was sub par. We're talking eggs and bacon here. Bacon tasted bad, I didn't eat it. Hashbrowns were of the frozen patty variety. Waitress never returned to refill coffee or check on us. Had to go to counter and have the cook check us out. (Side note- the young man and lady behind the counter were very nice.)
I highly recommend you find somewhere else to eat. You can do a lot better for the money anyplace else in town I'm sure. As someone who's been in the restaurant business for many years I can say that this server was one of the worst I have ever encountered. Sorry we bothered you.

1  Thank kim903

Reviewed 11 September 2012

I think a picture is better than a 1000 words, so here's a picture of the great shrimp Po Boy that we got. We ordered a 12" with fries for right around $10. When my husband finished his half, I gave him the other cup full of shrimp that had fallen out of the sandwich. I mean they REALLY load it on!

Reviewed 29 March 2012

The shrimp poboy is always overflowing with shrimp! They never skimp on packing in the good stuff.