“Will never be back”

Ranked #20 of 53 Restaurants in Abbeville
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“Will never be back”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was the second time I visited this place and the second time I was disappointed. Just like my 1st experience what I wanted to order they no longer had available. What I had to settle for was not fresh. Taste was bland. I couldn't eat it. I do not recommend wasting your time nor money. I would eat at a burger place before eating here. The people behind the counter were rude. When we walked in they looked disappointed. NEVER AGAIN!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank annmarir01

Abbeville, Louisiana
“Best shrimp po-boys”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

They have the best overstuffed shrimp po-boys! Good meals with good portions. You won't be hungry when you finish. Nice interior with pretty fleur-de-lis decor.

1 Thank Jessica K
Ocala Florida
“Get past the fact this is located at the Exxon ShopRite US167/LA 14”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

After reading kim903's review, I knew it was the same server we had. She was horrid. Must be the owners daughter. BUT THE FOOD WAS PERFECT!!! kim903 was also correct about the 'behind the counter staff'. Our meal was a late supper. I ordered exactlyt what I had hoped to find, a BLT with perfectly cooked bacon, fresh (local I bet) tomato, fresh deli bread...could not have been more pleased. Others ordered Turkey Deli meat sandwich (good), a muffeletta (fab), and a shrimp poboy (great shrimp). I got a bite of each to enjoy. Unsure of the quoted 520 W Summers Drive address (could be 2 locations) but the Exxon store has a JEWEL right on the corner!

• Visited June 2013
ohio
“wish i would have went to McDonalds”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Had breakfast this morning at the Bourbon Street Deli while visiting Abbeville, La. I'd like to preface this review by saying that I have had nothing but a wonderful stay in Abbeville and experienced wonderful food and people prior to this experience at this establishment. The service here from the young lady who was our server was horrible. She was not friendly. I had to go to the counter to get a spoon to stir my coffee and a towel to wipe our table down as it was sticky with syrup. As we waited for our breakfast I noticed how our server cleared several tables but wiped none of them. The condiments on our table were dirty and sticky. At least 5 tables around us looked the same.
Our breakfast arrived at the table. The server put it down in front of us, shrugged and said "Did I get it right?" as in did I give you the meal you ordered?
Food was sub par. We're talking eggs and bacon here. Bacon tasted bad, I didn't eat it. Hashbrowns were of the frozen patty variety. Waitress never returned to refill coffee or check on us. Had to go to counter and have the cook check us out. (Side note- the young man and lady behind the counter were very nice.)
I highly recommend you find somewhere else to eat. You can do a lot better for the money anyplace else in town I'm sure. As someone who's been in the restaurant business for many years I can say that this server was one of the worst I have ever encountered. Sorry we bothered you.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank kim903
Cadiz, Kentucky
“They sure know how to fix a Po Boy!”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I think a picture is better than a 1000 words, so here's a picture of the great shrimp Po Boy that we got. We ordered a 12" with fries for right around $10. When my husband finished his half, I gave him the other cup full of shrimp that had fallen out of the sandwich. I mean they REALLY load it on!

• Visited September 2012