“Awesome”

Azul Tequilla Mexican
Ranked #35 of 54 Restaurants in Abbeville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

I just got back from a cruise and can't say how much Better this food is way better! the margaritas just like they say the best so far the guacamole at the table awesome!! The service great and so much food alway have leftovers for lunch the owner the best man ever his so nice and for what I saw everybody knows him and loves him that's great for a business keep it up will be back sooner then you think thanks !

Reviewed 7 February 2013

Didnt care for the food, did not like the music, the salsa was good but can't make a meal on salsa, don't think I would return to this restaurant

Reviewed 17 January 2013

But when even the Mexicans I know don't go there...well, that speaks volumes. I think I prepare better Mexican food at home and I am Not Mexican. However, the nachos and salsa are good.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

This restaurant has a great menu... something for everyone. The family that runs it is really Mexican. The food is great and the service is also great.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Cinco de Mayo – Apparently not a holiday observed by this Mexican restaurant. Unlike the other reviews here, our experience was not good at all. I have never given a 1 star rating, but this dining experience strived to deserve zero stars from beginning to end. The atmosphere was lacking significantly in that there was no music or ambiance. Our service barley existed. We had to track down random employees to get drinks every time. A specials holder on the table indicated that the margaritas prepared here were the best in North America. I can say without hesitance that this margarita was not even the best served in Abbeville. All one would have to do to top this margarita would be to pick up Jose Cuervo’s mix and not add tequila…Our food came on 2 plates each. There was a tiny tortilla bowl shell turned upside down with nacho cheese sauce poured over it. We are assuming this was the chili con queso the menu described; however, there was no meat or beans in this cheese?? The beef taco was swimming in grease. Seriously, I have never seen so much hamburger grease in my life near or around a taco. The rice and beans were fine and the tamale was the hit of the meal. Cheese enchilada tasted like a brick of cheddar had been melted just a bit in the microwave, but not too much. Salsa was runny like a broth soup and had very little flavor. We had a very difficult time getting our bill and believe me we were anxious to leave. Finally just stood at the entrance of the restaurant until someone decided to acknowledge us. We love little local Mexican joints in small towns, but this was the worst. Don’t waste your money here. Go and pick up some Taco Bell, hit the liquor store and pick up margarita makings and head home and you will be doing yourself a huge favor!