“Just okay...”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Been here a few times and was always inconsistent with increasing prices. Ordered ribs 3 Times...1st time was good so ordered 2nd time. 2nd time was so salty. Ordered 3rd time hoping it taste like the 1st time but came out really dry. Ordered chicken salad, chicken came out dry and semi burnt. Only thing great is the bisque. Won't come back unless last resort. There's too many better restaurants.

1  Thank TripxOpinion

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We were reluctant because they were very busy but since we were not in a hurry we decided to stay. Our server, Amber I think, apologized that it was crazy and like a mad house. She was great regardless of the rush. Our food was great and several other servers checked on us. We asked about a giant burger another table received and another server went to the kitchen and brought back part of a toasted bun for us to try the awesome bread they come on. We will be returning here for an awesome burger real soon!

1  Thank Jen302
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner a bit late in the evening. The place was packed but we were seated quickly. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. we even had another waitress check on us a couple if times. All the food we had was good. I regret not getting the burger. It was huge and looked great! One of the waitresses let us try the buns. Sweet sourdough, it was awesome! We will definitely come back when we are in the area.

1  Thank Enjw
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I visited Camellia Cafe on a Friday for this first visit. The restaurant is colorful and lively, and there is a separate bar area across from the main dining area. I-12 is close by with an exit to get here (Hwy 59 exit).

There was a seafood buffet for lunch on the day of my visit, so I figured I would take advantage of this surprise ($12). I had the shrimp, catfish, jambalaya, and seafood cake. The food was delicious, and the catfish and seafood cakes were exceptional. Their cocktail sauce is really spicy, just the way I like it.

The -1 deduction is because the jambalaya was cold (the rest of the food was hot), and it took quite a while for someone to take my order despite the restaurant being half empty (server was polite, so I didn't say anything). I definitely plan on going back to try some other dishes.

1  Thank MSY2Anywhere
Reviewed 7 January 2014

If you are 55 or older, Thursday evenings at Camellia Cafe is the place for a great bargain ! from 4-9 pm on Thursday, seniors eat with a great discount. You'll get 55% off your entree orders. Yep, anyone in your party over 55 years of age gets a 55% discount on any entree. Not appetizers (unless that's your meal), or drinks, desserts or extra sides, but anything else, including sandwiches if you don't want a plated meal. Nice New Orleans atmosphere and decor, with small bar and about 4-5 TVs, though almost always tuned to ESPN Sports channel with volume. And the food is very good- regular menu portions (read large portions). And Saturdays they have a burger or pulled pork sandwich special with chips for $5 ! And draft beer (3 brands) are just $1 ! And they are THE BEST burgers - great bun ! And dressed (down here that means lettuce, tomato, pickle and mayo). They have other nightly specials. I think Mondays are a steak special, Tuesday are raw oysters, 1 night is all you can eat catfish. Fridays' specials change. Right now if your birthday is in January (with proof), no matter your age you get your age discount on your meal (wish I had a granddad to take in, would get a practically free meal !)
I don't work there, or have I ever, it's just a favorite. looking for me on a Thursday evening - just go to Camellia Cafe in Abita Springs, LA - but get there early or be prepared to wait ! It's a hot spot on Thursdays !

1  Thank Yvonne H