“Very nice with spacious rooms!”

Comfort Suites Alexandria
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Wichita, Kansas
“Very nice with spacious rooms!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

On a road trip, my family and I stopped here based on Trip Advisor reviews. We didn't get to the hotel until almost midnight and left very early the next morning, but based on the short time we were there, it appeared to be very nice, new and clean. The double queen room we booked had TONS of space. My husband and I thought the free breakfast was average, but our 7 year old was PUMPED about the chocolate flavored waffles, lol. Overall we would highly recommend this place and would stay here again if we were in the area.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Ellemmel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Waxahachie, Texas
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We checked in yesterday and everything was fine. But this morning we realized we needed more towels. We booked a room for 5 people. They left us 4 towels and 3 wash rags and 3 hand towels. My oldest daughter went to the desk this morning and requested extra toerls5. They said they would send some up. An hour later housekeeping showed up to get our dirty towels bit didn't give us clean ones. This evening we some how couldn't get Into our safe. We called the desk to ask for help and she informed us that we would have to ask the manager the next morning to help us(good thing we didn't have life saving meds I there). She informed us the manager would arrive the next morning and could help us for a 50 dollar fee. RIDICULOUS. We finally had towels when we arrived back to hotel (5 hours later). Front Desk evening person totally SUCKS. When we arrived she was eating and when. I called tonight and told her we weren't paying to get our stuff out of safe she said whatever and Hung up on me. Don't stay here. Waste of money and bad customer service.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cara W
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 12 February 2014

First floor room - could hear all lobby noise & TVs in other rooms nearly all night. Housekeeping talked so loudly to each other all morning that it was impossible to sleep!
As for cleanliness: there was what appeared to be ashes in the coffee cups stacked near the coffee pot & trash on floor & hair in the tub.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank retronjo
Cordova, Tn.
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Had two rooms reserved and was double charged on one. The night clerk double charged me and then claimed she couldn't due anything about it and couldn't be corrected until manager came in sometimes the next day. She then accused me of threatening her - which I didn't - and became very obstinate about any and every thing. She was ethic and I believe has a chip on her shoulder when I told her made a mistake. Anyway the late night clerk/accountant had made the correction that night when I inquired about the next morning. The motel is located close to a train track and from the time I checked in around 5 PM until about 9 PM a train passed bye every 20 to 30 minutes with it's horn blazing at the crossing on Airport Road. I will say the rooms were nice but not very big for suites. Breakfast was plentiful and dining area was large.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs - no getting away from train whistles.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bill R
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The company I work for used this hotel as our headquaters for a few weeks. We had a large group staying for an extended amount of time. The staff was incredibly accommodating and welcoming. They bent over backwards to make sure that we had everything we needed and felt comfortable. The hotel was affordable, very clean and well maintained. I would highly recommend the Comfort Inn and Suites!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This hotel is very pleasant. It took me no time to make reservations and check in was speedy. The employees( Ms.Cynthia and Ms.Kayla) are polite and sweet. Anything i needed they were eager to assist me. For instance making me waffles lol ! They showed me some excellent hospitality. I will definetly make this hotel a choice again! Thanks !

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The bed was so comfy. I like that two types of pillows were given so I had a choice of firm or soft. The service was also great from the front desk to housekeeping. Andre King was the front desk attendant. He was very courteous. He took the time to listen to my needs. He was able to accommodate me and my family. The housekeeping service was prompt. We asked for more towels and we didn't have to wait a long time. The breakfast was good. It was refreshing to see more than just cereal and muffins. I love waffles. There is one more thing I would like to add. The fresh baked cookies each day was a welcomed addition to my wonderful stay.

• Stayed December 2013