“Extremely nice place to stay!”

Courtyard Alexandria
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and only have wonderful things to say about it. The check in was a breeze, the entire staff was helpful and courteous, the location was great, the room was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. After checking out and getting 100 miles down the road, I realized that I had left something of value in my room. Having done this several years ago at another hotel chain, I knew I would never see it again. When I called to inquire, the person answering the phone said they had been trying to call me. Housekeeping had brought it to the desk not long after I left! I will never stay anywhere else in Alexandria again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alice A
Hotel M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

I am extremely happy to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. We are thankful that you chose Courtyard Marriott for your lodging needs. We pride ourselves in taking care of each of our guest and value your business. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

My husband and I were tired from 3 days of New Orleans fun and decided to stay at the Marriott expecting it to have comfortable beds and pillows. Not! Very disappointed. My side of the bed slanted, I could feel the mattress was old. The pillows were like a rock. I like pillows on the more firm side but this was ridiculous. Most all hotels now offer free continental breakfast, well not this one. You would think they would want to compete. The hotel and rooms were very nicely decorated but what we needed was a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

I want to extend my deepest apology to you for the inconvenience that you had during your past stay with us. It is not in our best interest for any of our guest to be disappointed but rather expectations exceeded with their stay. I would love to speak with you directly so that we can get more information from you in order to replace the items that you spoke about. We appreciate you choosing us and do hope that if you are ever back in the area that you will come back and stay with us!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Let me say this is a very nice property the people that work there were so friendly the rooms were very nice, very clean. The entry area is really super, lots of high tech look. the room rate is average for this kind of property. I say look around because even though I really had no issues I think you can do better for your money. The breakfast is not free, There is no free coffee and they don't have any transportation to the airport or anywhere else. You do have free WIFI. For your money I feel you could get a better deal with more stuff if you do a liitle searching.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Balucanb
Hotel M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

We thank you for selecting Courtyard by Marriott here in Alexandria for your lodging needs. I do appreciate the feedback regarding your stay. While we do pride ourselves in serving all of our guests, I assure you that we are providing amenities within our brand. If you do frequent the Alexandria area I would be available to speak with you further regarding pricing. Thanks again for choosing us and we wish you a very warm and happy holiday!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This hotel looks and feels brand new. I found out it is over 3 years old. It is really nice from top to bottom and great condition. A good find because most hotels are not what they advertise. This one is! You will not be disappointed in this wonderful hotel. I am not easy to please and this hotel was great.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larry8241
Hotel M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

We are so thankful that you chose our hotel for your lodging needs. We appreciate the feedback regarding your stay. We value each and every traveler and pride ourselves on taking great care of our guests. We hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and hope that you will come back and stay with us if you are ever back in the Alexandria area.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

The Front Desk Lady, Elaine Paten, was great. She's a people person and very professional. The lady that cleaned by room did a marvelous job too. Her name was Quan. When I am in that area again I will definitely go back there.

Room Tip: Speak to Elaine Paten
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Templeofnewlife B

We thank you for choosing your stay here at the Courtyard in Alexandria. We are pleased that you really enjoyed your stay with us and the recognition for one of great team members. We hope that you will come back and stay with us if you have plans to return to the area.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

What a disappointment. It was cold and the heating did not work. I called the front desk and it took a long time for someone to come up to my room. The lady was very polite and knew nothing.
As a Platinum Marriott I received nothing, not even a cup of coffee. The room next to me was quite noisy, and I could hear all the activity...

On the positive side the rooms are quite spacious. The lobby is large, and well lit

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Hotel M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

We thank you for choosing your stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott here in Alexandria. We do apologize for the inconvenience that we may have caused you during your past stay. We have addressed your concerns with our staff to ensure that we improve. We do have your best interest at heart and would hope that if you are ever back in the area that you would reconsider staying with us. If so, please contact me directly and we'll be anticipating to provide you with great service!

Management

Reviewed 1 November 2013

This new and spacious property is situated in the Alexandria mall.
There are many restaurants and shops in the mall.
The staff are fantastic.They are easy to work with and very professional .
I had. 6AM flight to visit my new grandson last Sat and left the car keys in my room.
I took taxi to airport .
I called the next day and Elaine at the front desk had a set of keys( the wrong ones), but followed up with Housekeeping and they found the keys in my room.
Elaine went out of her way to help me.
She was so pleasant and smiled all the time and made sure when I returned I received the keys.
She is an outstanding employee and a credit to Marriott Courtyard in Alexandria.
I called the General Manager to compliment Elaine.

Room Tip: As a Platinum member I was upgraded to an extended King room which had a microwave and mini fridge...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business