Courtyard Alexandria
US$102
US$92
US$83
Priceline
All reviewscourtyard by marriottfront deskcustomer service representativefire pitexcellent propertylounge areawent out of her wayvery nice hotelroom was largewould definitely stay here againone night stayeasy accessbistrosignalfurnishings
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My shower has brown scum about two feet up the wall, not noticeable unless look for it. My bed is less comfortable than the floor, I can feel every spring in my back. Phone calls are OBSURD!!! I called San Antonio, TX for about an accumulative 50 minutes over the week, and I was charged nearly $200 USD... This is 2014, domestic long distance calls are no longer an issue... I stay at a Marriott almost every week of the year to include out of country stays, this hotel is the first hotel I have been inclined to write a review on. I've never been price gouged at another hotel, the mindset of management here is get what you can when you can (discarding any type of loyalty). She allowed me to cancel the remaining month of stay with a smile, never cared or tried to fix the issue.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank wtaylor8275
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I am a Field Service Technician and I am Alexandria 2 days a week. It is a very nice hotel and a convenient location. Only a mile or two from where I work. On one of my visits I told the clerk to hold my personal credit card until my company could pay them since it was a last minute booking and my company travel agency could not pay the booking on the weekends.

I checked my personal card and they had charged it an didn't wait until my company paid them.

Since I am on a special diet I need a microwave oven in my room. The clerk could not tell me which rooms had microwaves and which ones didn't, she did say she could get me one the next day.

This is the only Hotel that I stay at that charges for breakfast. Since I can only eat soft foods it is costing $8.00 for 2 eggs and a bowl of Oat Meal in the morning while staying here.

My company is now booking me at another Hotel for the 2 days a week that I am in Alexandria.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank clark77042
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed here for a meeting with a group, and I brought my family. They were nice enough to upgrade us to a nice, roomy suite. But the first night, we heard loud, incessant bass music. I alerted the front desk who said they'd work on it, but it didn't really get better. The next day, the hotel staff tracked me down and explained that a nearby nightclub causes noise issues for that particular end of the hotel, so they offered to move us to another room. The next room smelled of cigarette smoke (though it's a nonsmoking property). We brought this to their attention, and they offered us yet another room. All in all, not a bad stay - they were committed to making sure we were satisfied, which you don't find too often. The only other thing I'll say is that I'd never pay that rate (around $120) if my organization wasn't covering the cost. $120 for a hotel room in a small city like Alexandria just seems way too expensive....but perhaps it is because Alexandria doesn't have a ton of decent places.

Room Tip: If you stay on the weekend, ask for a room away from the nightclub.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 379MattB
Hotel M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

We are delighted that you chose your stay with us at the Courtyard in Alexandria. We pride ourselves in serving each of our valued guest. We do apologize for any inconveniences that we may have caused you during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and hope that if you are ever in the area that you will come back and see us!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel and only have wonderful things to say about it. The check in was a breeze, the entire staff was helpful and courteous, the location was great, the room was very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. After checking out and getting 100 miles down the road, I realized that I had left something of value in my room. Having done this several years ago at another hotel chain, I knew I would never see it again. When I called to inquire, the person answering the phone said they had been trying to call me. Housekeeping had brought it to the desk not long after I left! I will never stay anywhere else in Alexandria again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alice A
Hotel M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

I am extremely happy to hear that your stay was an enjoyable one. We are thankful that you chose Courtyard Marriott for your lodging needs. We pride ourselves in taking care of each of our guest and value your business. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

My husband and I were tired from 3 days of New Orleans fun and decided to stay at the Marriott expecting it to have comfortable beds and pillows. Not! Very disappointed. My side of the bed slanted, I could feel the mattress was old. The pillows were like a rock. I like pillows on the more firm side but this was ridiculous. Most all hotels now offer free continental breakfast, well not this one. You would think they would want to compete. The hotel and rooms were very nicely decorated but what we needed was a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

I want to extend my deepest apology to you for the inconvenience that you had during your past stay with us. It is not in our best interest for any of our guest to be disappointed but rather expectations exceeded with their stay. I would love to speak with you directly so that we can get more information from you in order to replace the items that you spoke about. We appreciate you choosing us and do hope that if you are ever back in the area that you will come back and stay with us!