“Great hotel”

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Texas
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Great room, huge bathroom, great working area can be used for luggage, nice kitchen. Very clean. Much nicer than holiday inn express where we were a few nights ago. Big corner flat screen is perfect spot. Nice sitting area outside with grill.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank BransonRegular

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Slidell
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We went for 5 days this time and I packed along some frozen raw meals, and my crockpot. Best thing for days out on adventures and then you can return tot he room and have a hot dinner ready. However, I cannot say enough about the staff here. ALWAYS, pleasant, informative and the most helpful people. They have changed some policies and at first I was not sure I liked it but considering this is basically an extended type hotel, it works. They are very quick to address any issues you may have both in the hotel and outside the facility. Love them and I am sure we will be seeing them again, when the next Alexandria trip should arise. Thanks for a most enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: No pool but pet friendly. That is a BIG perk for us!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Deborah H
Alexandria, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and on each stay I've been met with prompt courteous service! The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable. I really enjoyed the spacious countertops! Lots of room to spread things out. :-)

• Stayed January 2014
Harker Heights, Texas
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here while working in this area for about 3 months. The place was kept clean, and everyone was friendly. Price was reasonable, as well as the items they had available to purchase in the "kitchen". The staff was very helpful with directions and information about gong places. I will stay here every time I have to work in this area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
iragsdale19, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Hello Chan443516! I wanted to thank you for your recent stay with us and your review of your stay! I'm glad that we were able to make your extended stay in Alexandria comfortable and enjoyable. I hope that we do see you again when you're back in town! Our doors are always open for you!
Saint Cloud, Florida
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had a pleasant stay the the Candlewood Suites in Alexandria LA. Nice kitchenette with all of the needed utensils. The only negative item that I have is that the coffee in the lobby area was out of service. I would stay at this hotel again...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank William M
iragsdale19, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you stay with us again and hopefully next time the coffee machine is fully functional. Thanks again!
Mineral Wells, Texas
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We checked in New Year's Day. Had a double queen room on the first floor across from the elevator, but it was quiet and we slept well. The beds are comfortable. It's extended stay so you get a full size fridge, sink and microwave. No breakfast, but there are restaurants nearby if you go west from the hotel. Most of restaurants nearby were closed New Year's night, but saw several on the way out the next morning. Nice flat screen TV.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank jkcalcote
Thank you for your favorable review! We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am please to see that you enjoyed our many amenities! If you stay with us again, the Pitt Grill just down the road does a great breakfast for a great price! We hope to see you again in the future. Thank You!
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Very nice hotel with new facilities and friendly, informative staff. Quiet hotel with comfortable bed, nice flat screen TV, roomy bathroom and well-equipped kitchen. My husband and I will definitely stay here on our next visit to Alexandria.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Candlewood Suites in Alexandria! I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is the most important aspect for us! We hope to see you again soon!