“Horrible, terrible, DO NOT STAY”

Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 11 June 2014

There is NOTHING positive I can say about this establishment. Workers were rude, breakfast was disgusting serving something they called sausage which made everyone sick. Pool was not working. Repair and maintenance on this building is way below par. Bugs in the rooms. NO towels available. Happy hour not honored.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Michael S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

You have my sincerest apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us in Alexandria. We strive to make every guest feel welcome and at home when staying with us. Every member of our team hates when we fail to exceed each one of our guests’ expectations.

I am sorry you missed out on the Manager's Reception (Happy Hour) on Friday night. The reception is available every Monday - Friday night and I know many of the other parents with the ball teams really enjoyed themselves and enjoyed the added late evening ice cream social we hosted for your teams.

You and I discussed the pool issue and the fact that we did not have a guest laundry. Again I apologize about the pool. We are not sure who pulled the pool light out of the pool wall but we could not allow people in the pool after dark with a pool light that did not work and could be an electrical hazard. I know other teams enjoyed the pool during the daylight hours when we could provide the safety we owe to all of our guests. In addition, I agree a guest laundry is a great amenity and we will have one as part of our expansion later this year.

We welcome feedback from our guests, whether it is positive or it is constructive criticism. Thank you for your feedback and I invite you to stay with us next time you are in town. The experience you had is not typical of our hotel as evidenced by our high ranking on Trip Advisor and our 2014 Trip Advisor Award of Excellence.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

1,) Sheets full of hair and stains. 2.) Bath towel was full of whiskers. It looked as if someone wiped their face after they shaved and put the towel back and housekeeper did not notice. 3.) TV reception was terrible. Signal kept going out after just a few minutes. I finally turned the TV off. 4.) No shampoo in the room. (I always travel with shampoo just in case.) 5.) Hotel is under construction as they are adding rooms. Front desk is telling guest that construction starts at 9:00AM. Construction actually starts at 7:00AM. I was already up and around, so this did not bother me, but they may want to make sure that they are properly informing guests. Overall, this is a nice Hampton, however it is not typical of a Hampton as far as cleanliness and quality.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are excited about our expansion and what it means to our property and to Alexandria, Louisiana. We have plans in place to limit the impact the construction has on our guests. The construction is not supposed to start until 8:00 AM and I have followed up with the construction team to make sure that rule is followed.

Please know that your other issues have been addressed with the staff. I am sorry about the issues in your room. I am surprised you had this issue but mistakes happen and this has been addressed with the proper staff member.

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope to see you in Alexandria in the future and I would appreciate an opportunity to meet you. Please feel free to call me if you want to discuss this further.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is a nice hotel, I did have some problems with the TV but it was handled after about an hour. They have a great breakfast. I stay here every time I go to Alexandria due to location and comfort. I do wish they were pet friendly.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind words and chosing to stay with us. We pride ourselves in taking care of our guests and it is good to receive positive feedback.

I have good news for you. We are moving to becoming Pet Friendly. Please call us for your next reservation to see if we have made the transition. We are looking to have the change completed by the end of June.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel agreed with a group to offer a block of rooms, and did not honor it. One of my friends had to find another hotel on her own because no one would authorize payment of a different hotel. They overbooked the hotel to baseball teams and there was no way anyone could use an amenities because the teams took over the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

In reference to your friend who had to find another property to spend the night. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with your friend. Please have them call the property with their reservation information and will gladly research this.

We welcome feedback from our guests so we can correct any problems they may have experienced and so we may continually strive to improve our service and product. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention so we can address it.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great location down the road from the airport.Also not too far from other restaurants in the area. Room was very clean and property was well kept even in the midst of some planned expansion. The construction work was well concealed and did not seem to impact parking at all. (I wonder what the addition is??)

Check in was smooth and the staff was very helpful in recommending a few places to eat. The manager even made an adjustment to the appropriate corporate rate without asking. Great service!

Overall a very good stay. I would recommend staying here if you are traveling to the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

On behalf of the staff and management of the Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria, LA, I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us. There are many options for you when choosing a hotel and we are honored you chose us and we appreciate your kind words.

The construction is for the addition of 32 rooms to our property. We are excited about the expansion and we are glad to hear our planning has limited the impact the construction has on our guests.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Alexandria.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Nice place to stay, easy access to the city but next to the highway so request a room away from the exit ramp. Breakfast is better than the standard hotel express breakfast. Great selection from omelets, waffles to biscuits and gravy. Something different each day.

Room Tip: request a room away from the exit ramp.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Alexandria.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Upon my arrival at the hotel, the attendant was helping someone else, so the manager stepped in and checked in my coworker and me. That shows the hotel cares about the guests' experience. He even offered up some suggestions about where to have dinner. They did not ask for a credit card which I love. The hotel room was very clean with a refrigerator, microwave, blowdryer, anything one needs.
The breakfast is not the best quality food but they give you many options including omelets, sausage, oatmeal, etc, and it is complimentary.
It is a little pricey, but if you want a great hotel experience, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for your kind words and positive rating. We work hard to exceed our guests expectations and we are thrilled when our guests recommend us to others. I hope you enjoyed your meal at whichever restaurant you chose.

Please let us know next time your are in town.

Michael